go fuck yourself, syria

watson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's pretty clear that he'd prefer not to get involved. Lots of risk, little benefit.

Only thing is that there are longer-term strategic risks if he doesn't stick to his word on red lines.

Damned if he does, damned if he don't.

In regards to the story above that the US was somehow involved in the initial chem attack. I think the best argument against it at this point is that it's pretty clear that this is a really thorny issue for the US in terms of policy and strategy that it doesn't make sense that the White House would choose to put itself in this position, it's not an enviable place to be. If they were responsible in some way then you'd expect more clear paths of action or even something to have actually happened by now.

I can't remember who that guys served and who he was appointed to but in terms of his previous roles seemingly excluding him from being a conspiracy nut, be careful to not easily dismiss other reasons for fabricating stories. Never underestimate how motivated disgruntled ex-employees can be or how strong partisan views can motivate people. I'm not saying that's what's happening here, I seriously know fuck all about it, to be honest. But disgruntled and partisan actors have done lots of shit like this in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure for Lockheed, General Dynamics and Halaburton it is a disaster, their 4qtr profits will be down by 3%. How can we expect them to live on those measly billions they are already getting?

All joking aside the American people, in general, are thrilled by that fact. The talking heads and warmongers in congerss are the only ones calling it a "debacle". But they have been paid to, so I'm not surprised. Cant let their corporate masters lose out on all that pipeline money.

I'm not sure what the peeps are saying but I'm sure some of them do have a point.

Barry painted himself in to a corner by drawing a line in the sand. He was called on that line and didn't stand up to defend it. That's not a very good look, it diminishes your power, as the logic goes. Kind of like saying "Oh yeah? Why don't you come over here and say that?"...., then the dude does come over and say it and you don't do shit. You look like a chump and dudes will treat you like one.

However, in many places the US is seen as unpredictable and that can be used as a strength if played right (take North Korea as an example). The US has a lot of credibility, really, they DID go in to Astan, the DID go in to Iraq, they ARE taking it up to China and there is another 70 years of commitment in terms of Vietnam, Haiti, Grenada, Kosovo, etc. behind them. So whilst not defending the line doesn't do them any favours I'm not sure exactly how much harm it will do them in the big picture either.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Al Baghdadi has been the number 2 or 3 most wanted guy since UBL was killed. He isn't just a new bogeyman.

IS is a very real threat. Their ability to recruit is terrifyingly impressive. At this point, I think they are far more of a threat to the US than AQ has been since after 2001...

Sort of related: Their skills in recruiting are very much based on US Civil Affairs/Psyops methods. I don't know if we can put the blame on them having that info on Bradley (Chelsea, ahhahahaha) Manning or Snowden but I'd just like to take this moment to say, I can't wait til Bradley gets beaten to death in prison. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

What infuriated me is that they used gender confusion a part of their defense.

Those lawyers put gay and trans soldiers back another 100 years.

"Not only are gay/trans soldiers going to rape you in the showers, they might be traitors and give up national defense secrets... but they can't help it, because they're confused about their bikini parts."

Hopefully Kristin Beck will inspire a different outlook in some servicemembers.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/07/us/transgender-veteran/

Some of the better soldiers I served with were gays as fuck. Personally I don't give a shit what people are, gay, trans, female, whatever. A good soldier is a good soldier.

The issue with Manning was that he was suffering from his identity issues and had some stand-out issues that should have been picked up during his application for clearance. It doesn't matter if he was conflicted over sexuality, the death of his pet dog or the performance of his fav sporting team - conflicted and suffering is an issue and should have been a red flag to those vetting him. It's not to say this was the reason for his behaviour regarding secret information, just that it should have been a red flag to take a closer look at the guy.

I'm also not sure that people as young as Manning should be able to command such important information.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...