Tea thread

injury

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Moroccan mint all day every day.

2 parts Gunpowder green, 1 part Peppermint. Must be brewed in a French Press or open pot (and then poured through a strainer obviously) so the Gunpowder Green leaves can "explode" (hence the name) and release all the flavor.

But don't buy the pre mixed shit. And god forbid if you buy tea in bags, it's like buying trim instead of nugs.

edit: I see its already been mentioned... My bad

I used to drift back and forth between coffee and tea. Strictly black and strong coffee. Had a girl that worked for starbucks so for a minute there I had a grip of Tazo teas at home. Saw my parents get a bunch of teavana stuff and some loose tea. I used to drop some family size green tea bags in a coffee maker at night with some honey and lemon in the pot and set the brew time for when I got up. Green tea can give me some wicked heart burn though.

One of those charleston Tea companys opened near me as of recently, along with a spice store, and come November relatively all on the same street a specialty oil and vinegar place. I will be broke by November.

• 2 weeks later...

An Indian court has reprimanded police for arresting a man they accused of drinking tea in a "suspicious" manner at one of the country's ubiquitous roadside stalls.

Vijay Patil was drinking tea in the western city of Kolhapur in February when he was arrested under Section 151 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, which allows an arrest to prevent someone imminently expected to commit a crime.

Police said there was no "satisfactory explanation" for the 49-year-old's tea-drinking behaviour and "found his conduct suspicious", according to the court order seen by AFP news agency.

Bombay High Court threw out the case earlier this month, describing the police motive as "bewildering".

"We were unaware that the law required anyone to give an explanation for having tea, whether in the morning, noon or night," said Judges G.S. Patel and S.C. Dharmadhikari in the order.

"One might take tea in a variety of ways, not all of them always elegant or delicate, some of them perhaps even noisy. But we know of no way to drink tea 'suspiciously'."

The judges heard that Mr Patil had a large number of criminal cases against him, but they pointed out that he had no convictions - "though even that would not have been justification enough" for his arrest, they said.

Section 151 can only be invoked without an arrest warrant if the person is imminently likely to commit a crime that could not otherwise be prevented, otherwise the detention violates their rights, the judges added.

"The ingestion of a cup that cheers demands no explanation. And while cutting chai is permissible, now even fashionable, cutting corners with the law is not."

"Cutting chai" is an Indian term for a half-cup of sweet and spicy milky tea.

• 7 years later...