Egypt is crumbling

watson

surprised no thread about this yet.. maybe there is one and i overlooked it

i know i've posted most of this stuff around the forum but figured one thread to house it all would be good

this video is from today.. steady open live fire on protesters

some death and blood for those who might not like it. so raw

guy gets shot in the hand right at 2:40. talk about chaos

really awesome vice documentry about egypt after morsi if you have time to watch

part 1:

[16:05]

part 2:

[16:02]

part 3:

[11:14]

this is from yesterday.. armored humvee tried running over people, then backed off bridge

full of troops, everyone died

on the bridge and backing off:

impact on to the ground: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l7XeYdELNA

sKmqzhp.jpg

JY9evIv.jpg?1

6tBiMfu.jpg

egypt burns while people on the beach give no fucks

kK65LPo.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This is breaking my heart.

Used to live in Cairo and one of my sisterfriends is Egyptian with most of her fam over there; they already went through the riots with the churches being bombed (2011? 2012? sorry time is sketchy for me atm) and narrowly missed being blown the fuck up in their church (20 minutes I think the timeframe was; they could all have died). I can't imagine what she goes through watching this from the UK, powerless to help :(

Egypt has been there for thousands of years, they will survive this... and i doubt it will completely crumble into civil war like you're seeing in Syria, since the military probably still has the support of 75% of the population. what the remaining people do, and how brutal the response is, remains to be seen.

what's terribly sad is that after their 'revolution' the army has now imposed another 'state of emergency'

i truly hope to see elections there soon, i love the place and it's people.

i heard an egyptian woman remark: when you have a bloody leg, sometimes you must amputate.

religious extremism sucks, so i was disappointed with the road the MB was taking, but i'm not so sure what will come next since they appear gladly willing to die for Morsi (of all the pathetic figureheads...)

and looking at the beach,

i'm not sure what people expect them to do. that battle was between Muslim Bros, who a lot of the population hates, and the military.

why should they interrupt their holiday bc some morons were throwing police trucks off bridges?

those people are the ones smart enough to stay away, whether as participants or spectators, they won't be among the hundreds killed.

• Like 1

In politics and sociology, divide and rule (or divide and conquer) (derived from Greek: διαίρει καὶ βασίλευε, diaírei kaì basíleue) is gaining and maintaining power by breaking up larger concentrations of power into chunks that individually have less power than the one implementing the strategy. The concept refers to a strategy that breaks up existing power structures and prevents smaller power groups from linking up.

• Like 1

There are countless examples; Europe spent the majority of the 19th and 20th century ripping itself apart, China has 4000 years of history that bounced between warlordism, tyranny, benevolent monarchy, revolution, civil war, warlordism, despotism, state masacres, etc. Myanmar is a non-Islamic country that has spent the last 60 odd years since independence in a constant state of civil war, insurgency, violent uprisings and just as violent government oppression. India is a religiously mixed secular state nation that has any number of insurgencies, has warred with two neighbours and clashes with all neighbours, experienced massive violence during partition and seen pogroms against Muslims.

Indonesia is a majority Muslim state that has experienced massive violence/massacres and state oppression that had nothing to do with religion, it was communism and race.

Malaysia is a majority Muslim country that is not ripping itself apart. Jordan, Turkey, Kuwait, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Kazakjstan, etc. are majority Muslim countries and they are not killing fuck out of themselves. Yes, all these countries have problems, all countries have problems but they are not killing each other large-scale and these countries are not ripping themselves apart.

Yeah, you find the same thing in the majority of the world in my opinion. Much of Asia is the same as well as some parts of Brazil I've traveled through. I've never been to Africa but I'd be surprised if things are too different there. You could probably even say the same for parts of Michigan and Mexico these days.

I used to think places like the Mid East and wherever where the screwed up freaks of the world. Actually, I think 'screwed up' is the norm. Nice, clean, rational stable countries like the US, Australia, Canada, etcl are actually the anomaly in the world when you look at it. We are the freaks and the jungle is the norm.

Whole situation is disastrous. Really awful that this country's people are going through this again.

I'm not trying to be a raging asshole here but I don't understand these people throwing rocks

at other people who have machine guns and rifles and are firing them.

Where are the bomb makers?

...and if the Palestinians can get guns, why can't the Egyptian people?

Sad video and a lot of unnecessary death happening, IMO.

Guy at 8:08 who was just hanging out in the middle of a firefight, wtf was he thinking?

i know a number of Egyptians, and I've been there. they don't generally want sharia.

think about it, the last president was the hardcore muslim and the population rejected him fiercely.

things have totally spiraled.. into the military's hands.

they are extremely powerful and they own so much stuff in the country - beach houses and businesses aside from just military might

the way i see it, they will continue to mow down these islamists and if necessary, kill and imprison a lot of people and make Egypt a much less free place

i can't say i'd be terribly disappointed if they do drive the brotherhood underground (though that will make them a terrorist org once again... they really showed their hand by reacting this way to the military coup. they need to lay down their arms. bigdoughnut there is plenty of footage of people with AKs from inside the pro-morsi protest camps)

. it'll suck for the average person but the last thing the world needs is another country ruled by religion.

i still don't see it breaking down into a pakistan though... i hope.