RAP BEEF NUGGA!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not from around so could someone tell me what's the correlation between these twitter rap bands and how come those street type rappers (Prodigy etc) don't keep them in check at all, in any way?

Like Thirstin' Howl the Third and all that obscure semi-ethnic gangster stuff MEROJUANA keeps posting at his blog. I'd figure these street characters wouldn't like someone like Joe Madden and Drake talking about being a baller from New York. Everyone claims to be from New York, I mean, then there's the underground "backpack hip hop" that I suppose has nothing to do with forementioneds. Or is that just suburban/white/Canadian hip hop that has no relevance at all?

Nah, I know how they sound different. But if some iTunes emo rapper gets sales, does it automatically mean immunity in the "rap game" as in, no one can criticize without being "a hater"?

How fucking stupid is that

You just summed up rap/hip-hop of today. Like someone said, hip-hop died in the 90's.

This just confused the fuck outta me, I still am unsure why everyone was so excited that this kendrick dude dropped one verse on someone else's song? I don't really follow US hiphop (in the midst of a huge UK hiphop binge these last few months, being from the UK and all) so I spent yesterday on Twitter bemused.

i cant stand uk stuff anymore. mad cringey. lewis parker - masquerades & silhouettes remains a classic though. children of the damned are alright but like i said - uk shit is cringey to me now.

people in here saying hip hop is shit now? theres been some good stuff out the last year or so. anything roc marciano does. prodigy - albert einstein album. freddie gibbs ESGN album. Lil ugly mane. that Wu-Block album was alright. styles p put out a free album a while back which was good. that joey badass kid is actually not bad despite having a terrible name.

and also, joe budden is an absolute fucking clown.