philosophizin'

injury

What are you trying to get into? I could go on all day about philosophy.

And yes my last comment was sarcasm! So what exactly have you contributed to this thread, or recommended since you could go all day asshole????? All I see is you cosigning on other peoples shit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Eastern philosophy is rich in an intellectual aspect, however I believe the English language

butchers most ideas as a second rate comic would. History dictates most Eastern philosophies IMO also,

the coming and goings of dictatorships have struck nerves in people and effect their lives today.

Taoism and Buddhism would have be most favoured in my book.

tumblr_lg60i338Hc1qgd997o1_500.jpg

And yes my last comment was sarcasm! So what exactly have you contributed to this thread, or recommended since you could go all day asshole????? All I see is you cosigning on other peoples shit.

I'm not going to go on all day with ideas of Western philosophy when the OP wanted to find out about Eastern philosophy... which I haven't read much on.

I put a lot of time into a thread I made awhile back in Crossfire about the Problem of Free Will and Determinism.

I also explained what a philosophical argument is and how to undermine one.

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8544439#post8544439

• 2 weeks later...

I've read a fair bit of philosophy over the years with a particular interest in phenomenology and existentialism. I'll just go ahead and give you a list of my must reads:

Etienne Gilson - The Unity of Philosophical Experience, this is hands down one of the best commentaries on philosophy as a whole, I cannot recommend it enough

Heidegger - Being and Time, Nietzsche (4 part lecture series)

Nietzsche - Beyond Good and Evil

Aristotle - Metaphysics, Politics

Plato - Dialogues

Sokolowski - Intro to Phenomenology, great summary of the movement and that which lead to it

Safranski - Martin Heidegger: Beyond Good and Evil, probably the best biographical commentary on Heidegger's school of thought, another book I cannot recommend enough, wonderfully written, anyone with an interest in history should really get a lot out of it.

There's obviously a lot of other stuff out there but I'd say this is a good getting your feet wet list that still contains texts the seasoned reader would find useful.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...