philosophizin'

injury

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Been waiting for someone to create a 12oz philosophers corner. Propped.

The works of Plato are a great way to start. They're written in dialogue form so they read fast, and they give insight to the development of Western society, the Greeks and the concept of the good, what it means to be virtuous and so forth. Logical development of an argument plus Socratic logic will blow your socks off, man. Made a deep influence on how I think and analyze my small world around me.

Be forewarned, though, there is a lot of material about dudes fuckin' each other in the ass.

Capturedrsquoeacutecran2013-08-08agrave12341PM_zpsf14528b8.png

The Trial of Socrates is a good, short read to start.

^lol @ pic

I PHILOSOPHIZE ABOUT BLOCKS AND KEYS

NIGGAS CALL ME YOUNG BLACK SOCRATES

Too many people who read philosophy are arrogant and lame about it, although maybe that's because I only really knew people who were into it when I was in college.

it appears this is a reoccurring theme - philosophy professors for the most part, are disingenuous & blind pieces of shits.. same goes for their student followers who are just coattail riders swallowing up any droppings.. they wouldve drank the kool-aid

its the same thing as professors who teach politics, that just repeat popular (the "right") points of discussion to simply win an argument to beef up their ego

long story short, there are dudes teaching in universities here that dont even acknowledge the gay sex/pedo shit that some of those guy were about

th?id=H.4803041540377520&pid=15.1&H=160&W=153

I PHILOSOPHIZE ABOUT BLOCKS AND KEYS

NIGGAS CALL ME YOUNG BLACK SOCRATES

Too many people who read philosophy are arrogant and lame about it, although maybe that's because I only really knew people who were into it when I was in college.

I knew a lot of those dudes in college too.

Just tryna learn and shit here ... u know

bukowski is a drunk, not a philosopher, imo. :D

i enjoyed reading some daoist and buddhist stuff.

krishnamurti is a good starting point. Tao Te Ching is another one.

Haha yeah and Dick is about as SciFi as it gets (total rekal, blade runner)

Dunno what I saw the title as, but posted as a thread for someone asking for authors

... Maybe that's why I like Bukowski so much then

...lol

Been waiting for someone to create a 12oz philosophers corner. Propped.

The works of Plato are a great way to start. They're written in dialogue form so they read fast, and they give insight to the development of Western society, the Greeks and the concept of the good, what it means to be virtuous and so forth. Logical development of an argument plus Socratic logic will blow your socks off, man. Made a deep influence on how I think and analyze my small world around me.

This is the truth^

Philosophers from Plato to Russell have struggled with questions like "What is knowledge?"

Think about it...

What is knowledge?

----------------------------

Philosophy hunts fot the essence of meaning

But then Wittgenstein said that philosophy is just the byproduct of misunderstanding language.

I think you might enjoy Taoism. It basically just says you should be at harmony with the path, and emphasizes: compassion, moderation, humility, and spontaneity among other things. I kind of disagree with the whole action through non action thing their so into but seems to work for them. I read a book called The Inner Teachings of Taoism a few years ago and it explained things pretty well.

I think you might enjoy Taoism. It basically just says you should be at harmony with the path, and emphasizes: compassion, moderation, humility, and spontaneity among other things. I kind of disagree with the whole action through non action thing their so into but seems to work for them. I read a book called The Inner Teachings of Taoism a few years ago and it explained things pretty well.

Noted, thanks.