TRAYVON vs. ZIMMERMAN

Pfffffffffft

You know if they had video of that shit they would be playing it in reverse talking about "Not content murdering sweet, gentle, honor student Trayvon Martin, George "worse than Hitler" Zimmerman forces family of four back in to crashed SUV"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you pay attention... Take the census for instance -- in the top category asks if you are White, Black, Asian, Native American/Indigenous, Mixed, Other, etc.

Then there's a second category, that shows "Hispanic" as an option. After the person selects one from the top category, then they check whether or not they are of Hispanic origin.

Native Americans as in Navajo, Cherokee, or Apache? They don't check "Hispanic."

Who said Spanish-speaking is a "race"?

I have never heard of a Native American, and by Native American we are speaking of an indigenous person from the Continental US -- ever call themselves "Hispanic." To be a Hispanic you must either be from or a descendant of a Spanish-speaking country. Most Native Americans grow up speaking English and in some cases will learn their Native American tribal language for cultural reasons.

Native American as in the people referred to as the Hispanic race are indigenous to the American continents. And half of the US used to be Mexico, so yeah, Mexicans are just as Native to the US as Navaho or Apache or any other "native Americans" from the US.

So then if your argument is that "Hispanic" is not a race (even though it's one of the selections to check when asked about your race on any application) and that it just means that you speak Spanish, then what race are Mexicans?

His·pan·ic ***(h-spnk)

adj.

1. Of or relating to Spain or Spanish-speaking Latin America.

2. Of or relating to a Spanish-speaking people or culture.

n.

1. A Spanish-speaking person.

2. A U.S. citizen or resident of Latin-American or Spanish descent.

[Latin Hispnicus, from Hispnia, Spain.]

Hispanics come in all skin tones, I have met dudes from Argentina that had blond hair and blue eyes but said Mexicans butchered Spanish. Hispanic is an ethnic grouping, just like Basque, Kurdish, or Sicilian. Even with in racial groups, groups of people have always found ways to exclude outsiders, for whatever reason. It's called "in group bias" and it's a very real thing to the point that it is in born. But to throw your hands up and say we are born with it so it's cool falls in to the grounds of a naturalistic fallacy. The challenge is to rise above.

• Like 1

Pretty much, christo.

I guess most people are riled up because this has been trumped up to be the pinnacle demonstrable element of our racist justice system. Its not. Maybe if zimmerman had white skin and not just a last name, and maybe if he'd said something other than "he's black" we might have some racist stuff here.

Overplayed headlines and reality-tv court fed to a moronic mass... We have plenty to be really, really pissed about. But somehow a dead kid in FL (which no one gives a fuck about that state anyhow) has trumped the fact that the NSA is spying on civilians. This fucking kid has got the populace more riled up that the Patriot Act, NDAA, the plethora of police-on-civ murders, etc...

In conclusion, fuck Americans; They don't actually give a shit about their liberty.

Best post on this thread...

Native American as in the people referred to as the Hispanic race are indigenous to the American continents. And half of the US used to be Mexico, so yeah, Mexicans are just as Native to the US as Navaho or Apache or any other "native Americans" from the US.

So then if your argument is that "Hispanic" is not a race (even though it's one of the selections to check when asked about your race on any application) and that it just means that you speak Spanish, then what race are Mexicans?

I already gave an example of what races Mexico is made up of...

About 60% of Mexico are Mestizo (mix of usually White & Indigenous Blood), about 30% are full or nearly-fully indigenous, about 7% are pure European White, and 1% of Mexico is Black.

There is no such thing as having "Hispanic" blood. A scientist checking one's DNA cannot find anything that correlates to being "Hispanic", since it's not a race, but rather an ethnic grouping or a social construct created by society to identify a group of people based on them sharing a common language (Spanish). Scientists can however check DNA to see how much White, Indigenous American, Black, or Asian one has, as those are actual races.

The brown ones, not the grandchildren of white people who moved to Mexico and had kids there.

The "brown" Mexicans are Indigenous. Most are of Mexica descent (AKA "Aztecs"), but there were many other Indigenous tribes/empires that existed in present-day Mexico.

That being said, many "brown" Mexicans have White blood; some more than others. Usually the lighter they are, the more "White" blood they have in them.

One bone I will pick is that when he is riffing about people complaining about imprisonment on drug charges, he doesn't take into account that a huge portion of these cases are simple possession, not instances of possession with intent to sell.

That and the threshold to meet the criteria for intent is ridiculously low. Busted with a gram of weed=misdemeanor possession, busted with a gram of weed and a box of zip-loc baggies in your trunk=possession with intent to distribute.

if you have a gram on you and you're copping boxes of little dub sacks, you're probably slanging... your stash is likely just elsewhere. We've all been around enough to understand how they're able to prosecute that as intent.

But yeah,

I was listening to that O'Reilly clip and wondering if i was losing my shit for not being appalled.

He definitely said some questionable shit, but he had some valid points as well.

The Media topic is definitely one that doesn't seem to get as much attention as it deserves.

So did I, just wanted some one else to say it first......

Yeah I found myself agreeing with most of what Bill O'Reilly said in that clip.

I'm not one to champion Bill O'Reilly by any means but this was actually pretty good.

adam carolla has been saying that shit since Loveline tho.

dont have so many kids

bring back the family and importance of education

his biggest examples have been asians and jews

His·pan·ic ***(h-spnk)

adj.

1. Of or relating to Spain or Spanish-speaking Latin America.

2. Of or relating to a Spanish-speaking people or culture.

n.

1. A Spanish-speaking person.

2. A U.S. citizen or resident of Latin-American or Spanish descent.

[Latin Hispnicus, from Hispnia, Spain.]

Hispanics come in all skin tones, I have met dudes from Argentina that had blond hair and blue eyes but said Mexicans butchered Spanish. Hispanic is an ethnic grouping, just like Basque, Kurdish, or Sicilian. Even with in racial groups, groups of people have always found ways to exclude outsiders, for whatever reason. It's called "in group bias" and it's a very real thing to the point that it is in born. But to throw your hands up and say we are born with it so it's cool falls in to the grounds of a naturalistic fallacy. The challenge is to rise above.

And I've met white people who swear to god they're black.

Where's the hisenglish box for me to check when I apply for a job if I decide I don't wanna call myself white?

I already gave an example of what races Mexico is made up of...

About 60% of Mexico are Mestizo (mix of usually White & Indigenous Blood), about 30% are full or nearly-fully indigenous, about 7% are pure European White, and 1% of Mexico is Black.

There is no such thing as having "Hispanic" blood. A scientist checking one's DNA cannot find anything that correlates to being "Hispanic", since it's not a race, but rather an ethnic grouping or a social construct created by society to identify a group of people based on them sharing a common language (Spanish). Scientists can however check DNA to see how much White, Indigenous American, Black, or Asian one has, as those are actual races.

And so then why do the pure European whites that you speak of get to call themselves hispanic, and not just admit that they're white?

An ethnic grouping? Isn't that what the word race means?

How do Spanish speaking people get to separate themselves ethnically from their ancestry simply because their people moved to another country and started speaking a different language?

And then what is "Meztizo" other than another tribe of Native Americans?

You left out the Aztechs and Myans by the way. Which are just other tribes of Hispanics or native Americans.

I guess you're gonna argue that they're not the same race at all, while still maintaining Irish, German, and Russians are all just white people... unless they speak Spanish.:rolleyes:

That and the threshold to meet the criteria for intent is ridiculously low. Busted with a gram of weed=misdemeanor possession, busted with a gram of weed and a box of zip-loc baggies in your trunk=possession with intent to distribute.

I think it's something ridiculous like 3 hits of acid and Texas charges you with attempted manslaughter.

As if it's even possible to kill somebody with LSD.