The crucifiction of Paula Deen..

Pfffffffffft

yeah yeah.. it happened a while ago but ..

Just curious what some of you thought about her being a racist..

I don’t know whether Paula Deen is a racist or not.

What matters is that she’s been accused of being a racist, and that she has admitted to committing what has become the new unforgivable sin: She used the “N-word”.

The charge of racism is an easy one to make and, once it’s made, nearly impossible to disprove.

It’s a little like the charge of being a witch in Salem in 1692. If you admitted to witchcraft, you might be executed. If you denied you were a witch, once accused, you’d likely get executed anyway.

In addition to being extremely difficult to disprove, the charge of racism is one of the worst possible accusations that can be made against someone nowadays. Many would probably rather be called a liar or a thief than be called a racist.

This is why we are seeing such a grave reaction from companies associated with Paula Deen’s brand. It isn’t that these companies are more morally pristine than the rest of us with regard to race. It’s because they are absolutely petrified by the prospect that a brand they promote may get permanently tagged with racism.

There is much more to be said about all of this, but suffice it to say that we should be alarmed at how little it takes to for someone’s person and livelihood to be trashed so quickly. And there is no statute of limitations on the new unforgivable sin.

i would think that someone of her caliber and business level would be more of a closet racist and not ADMIT they used the N word if they REALLY were racist.

i have to admit.. i LOLed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emQ7jKJW9uo

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shes an old fat white bitch from the south, there's no way she's not a little racist. either way who gives a fuck, i have a 5 gallon paula deen pot i got drunk as shit at walmart. i will continue to cook racist food in said pot.

dancing-butter-paula-deen.gif

her breaking down and crying is jokes though.

I have a big problem with bigotry and racism. I have a slightly bigger problem with how it is somewhat accepted socially.

Having grown up near NYC, there was racism and bigotry, but no where near the amount I have seen traveling around the world. Almost everyday, I hear people saying something totally wrong with no reprecussions.

I think society needs to shun the people that take part in bigotry and racism.

I had a guy work for me tell me last week that because of the how his parents were when he grew up that he does not approve of interracial marriages. I have very little patience for stuff like that.

I don't give a shit about her supposed racism, I don't doubt she is or that her restaurant had a steady supply of racist jokes going--I've never worked in a restaurant that didn't.

I'm quite glad to see her empire crumble, though. she has been a parasite to the American population. I wish her a slow, lonely, painful death.

White Power.

• Like 1

regarding the whole paula deen crucifixion, this is more of a backlash against her cloying, phony public persona, than for using that word. i find it more troubling how record company executives, big agencies, & other corporations are all willing to engage, mentor, & develop "artists" loving the n-word, & basically creating soundtracks to assault someone by till the break of dawn for a $ bill.

tumblr_m5mzez8gLa1r2dtwlo1_500.gif

ITS GUD TO BE GANGSTAAAA...YO!

Turn around

Look at what you see...

In her face

The mirror of your dreams...

Make believe I'm everywhere

Given in the light

Written on the pages

Is the answer to a never ending story...

Ah...

Reach the stars

Fly a fantasy...

Dream a dream

And what you see will be...

Rhymes that keep their secrets

Will unfold behind the clouds

And there upon a rainbow

Is the answer to a never ending story...

Ah...

Story...

Ah....

Show no fear

For she may fade away...

In your hand

The birth of a new day...

Rhymes that keep their secrets

Will unfold behind the clouds

And there upon a rainbow

Is the answer to a never ending story

I think they're going overboard with everyone dropping her and whatnot.

I think it's like a domino effect where if a company drops her, all other companies get scared and feel compelled to drop her. They just don't want the negative attention.

I don't picture as a full-blown racist... there's different levels of racism. She's not a Klansman. I mean, she did vote for Obama and support his campaign. She's more or less an old Southern woman set in her ways, and probably likes the Black people she's worked with, but just has a condescending view towards Blacks and probably doesn't even realize it or think it's wrong.

She should be reprimanded of course, I just think everyone dropping her and being afraid to hire her is going overboard. Even Jesse Jackson said people should leave her alone and forgive her.

That being said, she has some of the most fattening meal concoctions I've ever seen. Bitch deep-fried a cheesecake covered in chocolate chips, and rolled it in powdered sugar, chocolate & strawberry syrup, and whipped cream afterwards.

black people watch the food network?

end thread. winner. can't prop. I am mexican, jewish, and caucasian honkey. my dad has only married black women since 89, so I have a very large, diverse family. this comment made me laugh harder than anything all day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCz4FswBzLw

^ this video though, I had to look at flicks of trains just to get through the audio, I couldn't even look at this bitch.

I have a big problem with bigotry and racism. I have a slightly bigger problem with how it is somewhat accepted socially.

Having grown up near NYC, there was racism and bigotry, but no where near the amount I have seen traveling around the world. Almost everyday, I hear people saying something totally wrong with no reprecussions.

I think society needs to shun the people that take part in bigotry and racism.

I had a guy work for me tell me last week that because of the how his parents were when he grew up that he does not approve of interracial marriages. I have very little patience for stuff like that.

I havent read the whole thread. I do like the fact from what was said here. No patience for such ignorance is how I see it. We are generations past such things but yet every race is to blame for this. If they paid for the research then they could prove such things, every race is at fault. Fine Im white and I know other whites are to blame for this, same as Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and purple people. My goal is to not have people like the negative in my life and to not raise my children this way. Paula should be ashamed for what she said. It doesnt matter where you are from, what you came from, and how you were raised when you are in the business world you are a Professional. You are offering yourself to the world a service. This service means that what ever your profession you are there to offer your best and to be satisfactory. You look past every type of prejudice to perform your job. Even if Paula had this personal dislike she as a professional should have looked past it and performed in her job without error, no matter what the paycheck entailed. You can refuse service to those with this attitude but you cant provide service to those having such an attitude yourself.

I despise racial ignorance. I had some dude shouting FUs one night to me (a bar regular) because I said my ex was african instead of using the term "black." Now I didnt object at all or make it evident I didnt approve of "black" he just jumped on it. Sorry but when my ex was someone who had only lived in the US for 4 years and grew up with such a culture as her home country in Africa then shes freaking African! Funny thing is where I live in the US some dont realize how many Africans that have immigrated to the US truly hate black Americans. That in itself is sad being that there is the same color and theres still hate.

• Like 1