Maine Hermit: Man abandons Society For 27 Years; Robs to survive

Pfffffffffft

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And??

What difference does that make? I would say that he has psychological issues, not make him some sort of role model.

Sorry but I'm on a bit of a campaign for this guy... he's fucked, in jail, definitely psychologically warped, suicidal, out of touch and stole from retards or whatever. Not even using the words "role model" just "MODERN AMERICAN HERMIT KING"... he pulled off some crazy shit. It ain't like the establishment/administration he stole from was also retarded, he wasn't snatching plates of food out the hands of some poor dude drooling on himself.

stealing from the same camp for disabled children is pretty weak.

my vote is for KIR or KABAR - two fellas who deserve this crown. IMO

Cilone: Spades are a type of card in a deck of cards good sir - didn't think i was being racist. However...

I should have said - That fella looks like a couple pedophiles short of a catholic church.

stealing from the same camp for disabled children is pretty weak.

my vote is for KIR or KABAR - two fellas who deserve this crown. IMO

Cilone: Spades are a type of card in a deck of cards good sir - didn't think i was being racist. However...

I should have said - That fella looks like a couple pedophiles short of a catholic church.

KIR and KABAR have their crowns, and well earned. But they stop in here, take showers and get back on the grid here and there. This dude deserves props for being able to handle all those Winters and complete isolation for so long. Racking from disabled is kinda wack, but he had to survive as well.

And saying he is the same as a city bum is completely fucking false. In the city you can hit up the mission before night and get a meal, and a cot instead of a nylon tent in -0 degree weather.

Big props for this dude. He ain't perfect, but not one of you talking shit could do 27 weeks, let alone years.

It is a sad state of affairs when people think this retard should get any props for being a complete anti-social thief.

I could not do it, but I also am smart enough not to have to or want to do it.

It's not about smarts, and even if it was he's got to be pretty smart to pull this off. Judging by your responses and others I can see it's just a total different thought process of societal norms. You're probably a guy who hits the bars and clubs a lot, probably sociable. I think people are fucking lame other then my fam and friends so I am able to see the appeal of not dealing with people...

I'll dip now and respect your position, I just find it weird the way you perceive him as a "retard" when he chose a life fit for him and lived it.

• Like 2

It is not that I have a problem with him living his life as he wants, which I fully support. My problem is that he is a leech to his community that he does not want to take any part of. If he was being self sufficient, I would be promoting this guy, but he isn't. He gets by, by taking from others without regards to what their needs are.

I'm with CIL on this.

Yes, its impressive that he did what he did, but I assure you there are dozens if not hundreds more like him living in the PNW. Dudes that have been out there since they got back from Vietnam, with maybe slightly more human contact and a whole hell of a lot more self reliance.

Should he be punished? Do we have bigger fish to fry as a nation that this guy should be an obvious small fry? Could I do what he did? Do I want to do what he did? Why is my dog staring at me?

Stole food AND books from the disabled? That's fucked up.

I once volunteered in an old age home and all they had was shitty second hand rags. I can't imagine the kind of crap he was reading.

true but

fucked up is all relative

and maybe lots and lots of Reader's Digest

• 2 months later...