I bought a RV!!

CILONE/SK

So, I went for a one-nighter on Sunday night. It was pretty uneventful. Drove there, stayed a night, and drove back.

My parents and my brother came. I had a camper site and a cabin site next to it for my parents. My brother rented the cabin next to it, because he did not want to hear snoring.

My Dodge Nitro pulled the RV with no problems. The wind and the passing cars pushed it/me around, so I stayed in the 60-65 range the whole way.

On the way back, I stopped to get gas and it turned out to be bad gas, with too much water in it. Now I am going to change spark plugs tonight because of issues from that. Fuck Chevron.

Also, we went camping in Idaho next to the Snake river. I am thinking about Oregon next.

IMG_0393.thumb.jpg.6a04d5c347c620a94f878f0af3cf5571.jpg

IMG_0394.thumb.jpg.2c53b82fe07da25297712bdd772e11a0.jpg

IMG_0395.thumb.jpg.dc911d5cb47f211e10b9dc9a41635e6b.jpg

I know this is not action packed greatness, but it is hard to reach that point with three little kids.

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you tent in those places? None of that is far from me and I am sure I will end up there sooner or later.

i did not

i'm a motel 6 gal.

though i've slept outside, i have actually never been camping

if you're gonna tick off national parks, and jesus, you named all the best states for them (i can't wait to go to Arches and Zion in UT) get a National Park Pass.

that said, i have no clue how national parks and RVs work together, but when i'm in the parks, i see plenty of people driving them

http://www.nps.gov/findapark/passes.htm

• 2 weeks later...
i did not

i'm a motel 6 gal.

though i've slept outside, i have actually never been camping

if you're gonna tick off national parks, and jesus, you named all the best states for them (i can't wait to go to Arches and Zion in UT) get a National Park Pass.

that said, i have no clue how national parks and RVs work together, but when i'm in the parks, i see plenty of people driving them

http://www.nps.gov/findapark/passes.htm

I am planning on hitting up the national parks. The one that is close to me, I drove thru it today, is free.

If you ever get to this part if the country, let me know.

I saw in that website, that there is a military deal. I need to hit that up before I retire.

got back into town from a long fucking drive on sunday...just getting the photo's uploaded.

The trailer is a 2013 Tailwind 10' tandem axle and right now it is at about 40% of where I want it to be in terms of the build. I am planning on a two year build, and Im about 4 months in. I use it every weekend so it's comfortable for the girl me and the dog. I quickly added some temporary shelving right now, it's ugly but it works, all I have in terms of wood tools is a skill saw and everything has been done with that thus far. Its parked in a carport and thats where I can work on it - Its getting a full set of cabinets and drawers for holding firearms and ammo - food chainsaw and all my shit.

So what I wanted:

Small, tandem axle and a place to put all my shit and the bikes. I wanted a bed, and warmth. So far I have it and I have great sleeps in the bush.

Modifications from stock:

It came as a plywood skinned interior with two lights on the ceiling. It had a vent as well and I have done the following.

commercial grade vinyl flooring

e track inset into the sub floor

spray foam insulation

added a slider window

wall panneling on top of insulated walls and ceiling

Solar Panel

optima deep cycle blue top battery

Blue see master breaker

blue sea fuse block

blue sea negative bus bar

queen size bed foam mattress that folds up to the wall

western red cedar trims / baseboard

3rd aux interior light for the back portion

What I have that is not installed:

LED puck lights for the workspace / counter top

quick fist mounts for guns, compressed air, fire extinguisher and misc stuff

LED light bar for back

LED work lights for outside the man door

other shit I am forgetting

I was drunk when I took pics so forgive me

Photo2013-07-1380953AM_zps4e08efa7.jpg

• Like 1

Here is the cluster fuck of shelving and some of the shit that goes with us. Not all of that crap is mine, my buddys stuff is all stowed away there too.

Photo2013-07-12110443PM_zpsdc9e0b37.jpg

This is what the bed looks like when folded down, I keep the shotgun beside me with slugs in case of bears.

Photo2013-07-12112411PM_zpsa328411a.jpg

When you arrive and get drunk you then have to rifle shit outside to make room for the bed. This will change when I build the cabinet for most of the stuff that can stay inside.

Photo2013-07-12112635PM_zpsf4587d2f.jpg

for all the pigs - pack of bacon in the pan.

Photo2013-07-1392054AM_zpsdb4f42e6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
got back into town from a long fucking drive on sunday...just getting the photo's uploaded.

The trailer is a 2013 Tailwind 10' tandem axle and right now it is at about 40% of where I want it to be in terms of the build. I am planning on a two year build, and Im about 4 months in. I use it every weekend so it's comfortable for the girl me and the dog. I quickly added some temporary shelving right now, it's ugly but it works, all I have in terms of wood tools is a skill saw and everything has been done with that thus far. Its parked in a carport and thats where I can work on it - Its getting a full set of cabinets and drawers for holding firearms and ammo - food chainsaw and all my shit.

So what I wanted:

Small, tandem axle and a place to put all my shit and the bikes. I wanted a bed, and warmth. So far I have it and I have great sleeps in the bush.

Modifications from stock:

It came as a plywood skinned interior with two lights on the ceiling. It had a vent as well and I have done the following.

commercial grade vinyl flooring

e track inset into the sub floor

spray foam insulation

added a slider window

wall panneling on top of insulated walls and ceiling

Solar Panel

optima deep cycle blue top battery

Blue see master breaker

blue sea fuse block

blue sea negative bus bar

queen size bed foam mattress that folds up to the wall

western red cedar trims / baseboard

3rd aux interior light for the back portion

What I have that is not installed:

LED puck lights for the workspace / counter top

quick fist mounts for guns, compressed air, fire extinguisher and misc stuff

LED light bar for back

LED work lights for outside the man door

other shit I am forgetting

I was drunk when I took pics so forgive me

Photo2013-07-1380953AM_zps4e08efa7.jpg

Do you have any type of heat in there? It is starting to get cold and I have a heater, but I am unsure if how good it works. I kind of wish I had a trailer like yours, because of the plumbing. I have to get mine winterized, and I don't want to, since I rarely use the bathroom on it. I could do without plumbing in my trailer.

I have a propane heater - it's a ceramic plate deal that can hook up to small bottles or large bottles. I do worry about the CO2 output so I make sure I have decent air flow.

Really all I do is turn it on before I go in, heat the space up, which is insulated mind you and turn it off before I fall asleep. I crack the window a hair, also crack to top vent, and leave them open all night.

Its a little colder on the floor for the dog, so Im thinking about a insulated foam mat and then a bed to put on it for her.

One sleeping bag and I'm laughing man, sleep is nice and toasty, but not too hot! Im going to be heading out pretty quick here, Im due for a good trip.

the make of my heater:

85178_ts.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Do you have any type of heat in there? It is starting to get cold and I have a heater, but I am unsure if how good it works. I kind of wish I had a trailer like yours, because of the plumbing. I have to get mine winterized, and I don't want to, since I rarely use the bathroom on it. I could do without plumbing in my trailer.

Just awesome.. A perfect vehicle to travel long distance and enjoy beautiful moments of life

• Like 1

Strong, genuine bump hahah

My family has a place at 100 Mile, haven't had a chance to leave the lower mainland this year, feelsbadman.

Your rigs are really rad though, mirin' hard.

Can't contribute an rv of my own but this is a shot of my family's set up, it's basically a mod'ed trailer home, couldn't find an appreciation thread for that shit.

1383381_10151593693406910_1627986055_n_zps38a39183.jpg

• Like 2

Any yall niggas who aint won the lottery or some shit, is definitely trust fund rich kid spoiled brats.

7377317490_b8f9f2c980_b.jpg

^But this shit right here is pretty fucking ingenious.

Assuming there's no park rangers around to evict them for trespassing.

Do you have any type of solar in there? It is starting to get cold and I have a heater, but I am unsure if how good it works. I kind of wish I had a trailer like yours, because of the plumbing. I have to get mine winterized, and I don't want to, since I rarely use the bathroom on it. I could do without plumbing in my trailer.

Just awesome.. A perfect vehicle to travel long distance and enjoy beautiful moments of life

Trying to get similar truck very soon