United States Hurricane Season 2013

redeyedanimal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'm a scientist so climate change isn't something to 'believe' or 'deny' it's something that's been shown to be happening. it's probably too late to do much about it though, just get ready for a ride i guess.

anyhoo. i remember awhile back when everyone was laughing about katrina (cuz it didn't do jack shit to florida before it hit nola..)

then people were saying sandy was a big joke.

i did just book a trip to the caribbean for august. rollin the dice, as i usually do.

one of these days i'll be unlucky but i'm not gonna sit around worrying about it.

A lot of rain and flooding, some stupid people did some stupid things and put themselves in danger.

I definitely think the climate is changing, and there is more energy being put into the atmosphere, and the weather is changing. I don't think anybody really understands it though.

I fucking love crazy weather. Bring it on mothernature, hit me hard and I'll tongue punch your fuckbox.

• 1 month later...

1057784_10202260983785123_1038375294_n.jpg?oh=51bfe26627e5aa683073809b58f16232&oe=51F884EC&__gda__=1375315096_cc5b73deb716e98230e059e94a866fd1

FOX NEWS ALERT:

"But first, let’s check the death count from the killer storm bearing down on us like a shotgun full of rain!” – Kent Brockman

“Well Kent, as of now the death count is zero, but it is ready to shoot right up.” – Meterologist

“Oh my god. Damn you, rain!” – Kent Brockman

Actually, the big ramp-up on average isn't till mid-late August. Looking back at the historical record, approximately 80% of all Atlantic/Caribbean/Gulf tropical storms and hurricanes have formed after today's date and more than 90% of Category 3+ hurricanes.

Occasionally, though, even during the recent "active era" (1995-present), such as in 2009 and 2006, the peak season is relatively quiet compared to many other years both from the perspective of the total number of storms and no U.S. landfalling hurricanes.

What about 2013, both the next few weeks as we head into the peak, and for the peak as a whole? There are mixed signals. Some which suggest a lot of storms, some not so much. Also tricky signs as to whether the ones that form will plow into the U.S. or be steered out to sea.

I saw on the weather channel a few days ago that there is a Saharan dust cloud in high altitudes to the West of Africa which is causing the tropical depressions to fizzle out so quickly. Seems weird to me.

I love rainy, stormy weather. It's what I grew up with, and we always used to go out and play in the rain anyway, because it rained every fucking day, at least for a couple hours. Storms are my jam, especially blizzards. Crazy weather is good weather.

• Like 1