hello, I am an introvert.

penmanship

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
congrats man. surely you've tried this but maybe not. alcohol? im not saying get wasted (unless you wanna) but maybe having a drink or two will loosen you up and allow you to give less fucks about how terrible people are and shoot the shit with 'em. this works for me but i'm trying to work on being able to talk to heads i dont know/identify with, without the help of booze.

Pretty terrible advice honestly.

This step establishes alcohol as a crutch ... bad because A) you might get to a point where you can't socialize without it , or B ) you might also get to a point where alcohol becomes a crutch for more than conversation.

I only ever really wanna talk to my girl or my close friends, and i have to be in the same room as them. fuck small talk. I do go off sometimes though if a stranger sparks my interest i try and keep the conversation going because who knows when the next time youll meet somebody who isnt a dumbass

• Like 1

Congrats and all that. Just man up and quit being a goob about talking to other people.

true enough! although it doesn't work when I've tried. I mean I can talk to people when they are legitimately interesting, but spare that it's a lot of me not giving a fuck and obviously being disinterested which turns people off. Again, I don't care, but I'd like to not be a hinderance to her and her connections made in the tattoo community.

Congratulations pen!

I'd much rather my own company, I'll even avoid people I like. I get super anxious around people BUT I'm awesome at interacting, even when I don't want to be.

It's easy, just smile, nod and agree with what they are saying. No one really listens to what anyone else is saying these days, they just want to be agreed with. As a rule, people are self absorbed cunts. I also find drinking heavily helps a lot.

Will you try and remember to post a picture of the wedding cake, please. Ta.

I'll start writing some stories from the mountain and the idiots I worked with again. perhaps that has a major role in my introversion. working 12 hour night shifts on a secluded mountain with five people for five months of the year. it was hard to tell wether I like the job because there is nobody around, or if I like being alone because of my job.

Congrats on the marriage, hope it all works out.

I can talk like hell once I know someone but in public situations and meeting new people I find it real hard, only way I have figured to deal with it has been to have a few drinks. As it is your wedding you should at least have a few of those in you.

If not fuck it people will be drunk and come up gushing over your wedding n shit.

I don't want it to be misconstrued that I am crying or bitching about being antisocial. As I said I have five friends that I'd be glad to not add to for the rest of my life, but for my girls benefit I'm trying to be more talkative and personable. However that's hard when you've spent your life not lying to people about what you think of them. Or maybe I am bitching. Who cares. Fuck you.

classified said that, not me. but thanks..

There are lots of people who love being alone but you would never know just because they can also put themselves out there and are good at talking anyone up

That's pretty much how I am.

Been in your girls shoes and I can almost guarantee my dude was far worse than you. She should just appreciate the fact that you're out with her. If you can shoot the shit with randoms then kudos to you.