Respect your elders.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost hit DAO up for a beer last time I was in Tx, but I never made it to his neck of the woods. Maybe next time.

@ Medicab, yeah, I never went that hard when I was young, I got done for a whole car just before I turned 18 and figured that prison time for writing on walls was not in my future so it's been legals ever since then. I have no idea how hard DAO goes but it wouldn't have to be too big to be harder than I ever went. I'm also probably the only guy older than DAO in CH0, however I'm not in to being finger banged.

And yes, my style is pretty simple, I like it like that. Another thing you may notice is an almost complete lack of arrows in my work. It's a disinformation agent thing, you guys wouldn't understand.....

NO RESPECT

boats

I couldn't see the video, fired up YouTube app.

Searched "Bloom MCT Philadelphia"

Found this king rocking straights over throwys

Peep @2:15 ;

Still can't find OP's video.. But thanks for that stumbled upon, yo.

Thin cap fill, fat cap outline over Nekst

Seems like that guy knows what's up.

i know i didn't get it until i spent a substantial amount of time in the area. as an outtatowner looking in i saw that there existed a tradition ... but didn't understand why it was dope.

4267449356_3d04bc27fd.jpg

this book played a big part in my education too.

I remember when this book came out. I don't remember what happened to mine, but I might have to buy it again...

I think this book led to JA/FOE going over the SABER River piece. Because shortly after this book dropped, which had given a lot of nationwide spotlight to the piece, the SABER piece got dissed. Also if you look at the SABER dissed piece, there's an ESPO tag on it. I doubt ESPO was involved but rather he was likely hit up as a shout out.

I remember when this book came out. I don't remember what happened to mine, but I might have to buy it again...

I think this book led to JA/FOE going over the SABER River piece. Because shortly after this book dropped, which had given a lot of nationwide spotlight to the piece, the SABER piece got dissed. Also if you look at the SABER dissed piece, there's an ESPO tag on it. I doubt ESPO was involved but rather he was likely hit up as a shout out.

I remember hearing that ESPO helped Saber repair it. Don't know if thats true, but maybe if he caused it he helped fix it?

Also heard it was because the Saber river piece was over a Sane throw. JA used to go out to Hollywood a lot for his "acting" career, and brought Sane out with him, and Saber went over him after he had died.

Of course I heard all this second third fifth hand, whatever...

• Like 1

I remember hearing that ESPO helped Saber repair it. Don't know if thats true, but maybe if he caused it he helped fix it?

Also heard it was because the Saber river piece was over a Sane throw. JA used to go out to Hollywood a lot for his "acting" career, and brought Sane out with him, and Saber went over him after he had died.

Of course I heard all this second third fifth hand, whatever...

That thing about Saber going over a Sane throwup is a rumor. According to Saber, he had never seen a Sane throwup or tag in person before his river piece got dissed. So he says he never dissed Sane. Is it possible he's lying or perhaps he accidentally went over Sane without looking and never knew who he was going over? Possibly, I guess. Nothing has been confirmed about that rumor.

As far as JA, he still comes out to LA doing acting. I sometimes see fresh JA XTC tags in little random spots in alleys and public restrooms. He also comes out here because his pops lives in LA.

Thin cap fill, fat cap outline over Nekst

Seems like that guy knows what's up.

Skrew moved to Philly a while back and decided he was just gonna go over everybody. His homies Next and Vizzie and all them would come to town and do the same shit. That's why they all got ran out. Skrew and them are pretty much banned from Philly. All their shit gets gone over just on GP. They might be cutting Next some slack now cause he's dead, but this video was from before that.

@ Medicab, yeah, I never went that hard when I was young, I got done for a whole car just before I turned 18 and figured that prison time for writing on walls was not in my future so it's been legals ever since then. I have no idea how hard DAO goes but it wouldn't have to be too big to be harder than I ever went. I'm also probably the only guy older than DAO in CH0, however I'm not in to being finger banged.

And yes, my style is pretty simple, I like it like that. Another thing you may notice is an almost complete lack of arrows in my work. It's a disinformation agent thing, you guys wouldn't understand.....

true

never really got into arrows either

the art of getting over is a great book

laughed, but still cant genuinely hate on a graffiti meme i wasnt brought through. might not be regarded as the highest in my mind, but they continue to do their thing & have had an impact on style overall.. still respect it for what it is. whether its philly, san paulo, or wherever, id rather see a city full of dudes who are true to their craft as opposed to one full of generic & flavourless stamps that were bitten off the internet

looking at from a perspective of sociology, maybe it means people from the land of cheesesteaks have a penchant for the more crazy, sloppy, & generally raw outlook.. without caring what others think

idfk

Skrew moved to Philly a while back and decided he was just gonna go over everybody. His homies Next and Vizzie and all them would come to town and do the same shit. That's why they all got ran out. Skrew and them are pretty much banned from Philly. All their shit gets gone over just on GP. They might be cutting Next some slack now cause he's dead, but this video was from before that.

Politics is politics. I can understand that

I think that's the same shit that's happening in Detroit right now

I've seen pics of Skrew up in Philly. I didn't know dude actually lived there. No wonder he gets up so much in different cities -- he isn't just visiting.

He pretty much went all city in LA in the mid 90s, and going all city in LA is very difficult; the sheer size combined with most gangs who have a no-tolerance policy towards writing in their hoods. I don't think most cities have that same "no writing in my hood" issue.

thread brought so many laughs, please keep it going.

Philly has the the dopest graff scene and culture in my opinion. It's style is so unique, and has stayed that way for so long. Some people don't get it, but then again i'm really not big on west coast style.

You have to admit PHL holds it down on the punchlines, no question.

I can't believe i responded seriously to this thread.

Oh, here we go...you aren't truly repping north philly unless you are having a screaming match/breakup/domestic violence on the street so loud that it's heard from 3 blocks away.

philly style is garbage. whats to explain? its garbage. if u gotta explain to me why it aint garbage then its garbage.

You just validated to everybody on here that you're a fucking toy.

Philly graffiti is above your head you fucking toy.

You can't understand the complicity of Philly graff, because you're a Hasbro toy.

If it wasn't for Philly graff, graff wouldn't even exist, and neither would Hasbro toys like yourself you fucking toy.

Please feel free to show me how wrong I am by flexing your toy hand steez though.

I fucking dare you.