Made a promise....

Speedway

Hello all, I am new here and am in need of some help.

Basically I have made a promise to my kids (8 & 11 year olds) that when we get our new house I will spray paint a wall in each of their bedrooms, that was months ago, we are about to move now and they have held me to it, I had forgotten all about it, the thing is, I have never sprayed anything before, I used to mess around on paper when I was a teen but I am in my 30's now, I am ok (ish) at art and can copy things pretty well.

Were the hell do I start to learn how to do something that looks ok, I have a matter of weeks to learn. They want me to do their names, any tips and advice would be greatly received and if any artists on here would knock me up a design that would be even better, cheeky as fuck I know but I at least got to ask.

Cheers

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Respectable reasoning, but it will look like absolute crap if you've never painted before, let alone painted letters. My advice would be to get some decent sheets of ply and make up some hoardings you can affix to the wall, rather than spraying the wall directly. This way you can keep at it outside, without scarring your children for life.

a sketch is only 1/4 the battle - there's a lot to learn man!

Start with sketching.

If you're really trying to make that deadline i would say ... wait till they're in school, find someone who knows what they're doing and hire them quietly, lie and say you did it if you really wanna meet the deadline.

Other idea: Learn with your kids. Yeah, its not a traditional father-child thing to do but fuck it if they want it in their room they obviously have some interest. and that would be a lot of fun to paint together too.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies and advice, I think it really is starting to sink in that I am not going to be able to pull this off, I will get some sketches together tomorrow and will look into picking up some boards for when I first try paint, the kids are going to have to wait I think, I would rather practice first and try to do something half decent.

Anybody know of any good video's on YouTube to give me some basic tips to start with.

Thanks again.