Does this sound crazy?

The-Sable

Alright so I started spraying on this big concrete wall of a building that is usually rented out around holidays. One day I was trying to get a bunch of little things up as fast as possible and pretty much trashed the whole wall. I knew it was really bad, but I didnt really think anyone cared. So today I was spraying near a bike path and a couple riding bikes stopped by to watch me work. We got to talking and they told me about how some kids were spraying some really bad graffiti on the empty store. The owner is having the cops find out who did it. I quickly realized that this was in fact me.

So here is my idea. I want to offer to power wash everything off that wall (even the garbage I didn't do) in exchange for the opportunity to spray something that isnt a total eye sore with a few friends. I got the owner of the buildings name and number. Im thinking about calling him, telling him it was me, and then pitch my idea. I realize he could potentially turn me in. That would suck. But would this work?

Here is my 2nd idea. Call the owner, DON'T tell him it was me, offer to wash the walls in exchange for permission to paint.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I guess first and foremost, I would have to ask you if you have your ideas about why you want to do graffiti?

I like painting colors and shapes more than letters and words. I like painting on everything, but I also want to show respect for my town. I love where I live and I dont want to piss my community off. I just dont have the heart to do it. I want to paint something everyone can appreciate, but I also dont want to rock the boat. Im really careful about where I paint. Only tunnels, bridges and buildings that I assume are abandoned. Just a moral thing I guess. I just might be into the wrong crime then.

I'm picturing an affluent seasonal town with the most common crime being opportunistic bicycle theft as a means to get home after a larger than anticipated night out. The fact that people stopped and recognised your graffiti was bad, and it reminded them of other bad graffiti nearby, might have been their casual non confrontational way of saying "Hey mate, we know you did the other stuff, it's bad and we don't want to look at it, could you please stop?"

Settled on covertly cleaning the wall. My friends think Im retarded for even thinking about going through with this. I don't have too many good spots to paint in my town or people that are against graffiti. I just want to keep it that way.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you can still ask the owner for permission to paint the wall. i know people who have done this, and gotten the permission. like a permanent place to go paint. but they respected the place, and they were really good.

if you aren't excellent, don't waste their and your time. practice and get good. then ask for permission

ADMIT TO NOTHING. EVER.

• 2 weeks later...