Kingdom of Bahrain 2013 - Travel Thread

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

that country is relatively safe, but being told during training before you leave that the danger level there is high, and that if anything happens to you while youre there no one is coming to rescue your ass is a huge motivator to keep a low profile. i guess they only rescue kidnapped ambassadors and shit? mechanics arent high on the priority list haha

Relatively safe in terms of being a Westerner walking the streets and shit like that but that has been a significant amount of unrest from the Shiite community since the start of the Arab Spring. A bunch of Paki imports have been attacked and there have been some suspicious fires (that killed foreign kids) along with some street protests that have turned pretty violent. KSA had to send troops across the causeway to back up the Bahrainis a few years back. If push turned to shove with Iran Bahrain would be very much in the firing line given the basing of the 5th fleet there.

So in terms of small picture/personal safety things are ok as long as you're not a tool. But in terms of overall instability there are some lower-level but very real concerns to keep in mind.

I'm heading to Southeast Asia for a week of conferences and shit in two weeks. Think I'll nibble at the edges of the meals at the conference center and head out for street food later instead. Can't wait for that laksa, char keow teoy, roti, etc. etc.!!

Relatively safe in terms of being a Westerner walking the streets and shit like that but that has been a significant amount of unrest from the Shiite community since the start of the Arab Spring. A bunch of Paki imports have been attacked and there have been some suspicious fires (that killed foreign kids) along with some street protests that have turned pretty violent. KSA had to send troops across the causeway to back up the Bahrainis a few years back. If push turned to shove with Iran Bahrain would be very much in the firing line given the basing of the 5th fleet there.

So in terms of small picture/personal safety things are ok as long as you're not a tool. But in terms of overall instability there are some lower-level but very real concerns to keep in mind.

I'm heading to Southeast Asia for a week of conferences and shit in two weeks. Think I'll nibble at the edges of the meals at the conference center and head out for street food later instead. Can't wait for that laksa, char keow teoy, roti, etc. etc.!!

yea i saw a few burned out buildings and heard the souk we went to had just had a few mysterious fires.

I saw a couple star of Davids sprayed then crossed out

While driving thru Sitra i saw Arabic writing sprayed on walls and buffed in wild colors like hot pink and baby blue

I imagine political graffiti....

Nothing worth flicking

Sorry no MSK tags :'(

Total shit hole (as eviltrailer warned me)

you still there? did you bring your ps3?

been home just super burned out on black ops 2

been on my other acct playing battlefield 1943

you got that or borderlands 2?

• 2 years later...