9-5 & 40 hour a week adults, talk to me

injury

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mistakes ive made over the years in the work force...Listen kids...

1. Do not fuck co-workers, no matter how tempting..It Always ends badly, yea the sexual tension with the girl in QC is so thick you could spread it on your morning toast..Forget it..

2. Do not tell anyone about your herbals and drug use, even drug users have ambition and will throw you under the bus to make you disappear.

3. See Number 1.

4. For the most part, showing up on time, drug and alcohol free will be enough to keep MOST jobs..The rest will fall into place.

5. See Number 1.

1. Worked 7yrs in one place... 6 or those years was in a living relationship...

Made up for all 7yrs in the last year (broke up with said live in)... 7 broads from work.

2. I distribute herbals to people at work... Ain't no thing... Equal amount of dirt.

4. Agreed.

5. Four years at the new place and I've just opened the account :)

Horses for courses... 20yrs in the industry and still going :D

OHIO

All I can say is GTFO ASAP. Life is too short to hate your life & job.

Get in with a better company culture, even if the pay is less; it will add years to your life.

Then GTFO of ohio. Bleeeccch.

bottom line, you can slog through the job and use the money to make your life awesome (while hating the job)

or can spend a few years in hell as you get qualified for a job you'll like

then work the job without getting bitter, AND use the money to make your life awesome

not much other choice aside from living like a hobo or marrying into money..

pretty much sums it all up.

i have never....ever....fucking

understood how someone can actually

deal with that office life on such a boring

miserable level and continue showing

up each day, unless your office is fucking rad.

and they do exist. but regardless. holy bummer.

what a pitiful life to keep on living, man....sorry,

i just don't get that shit. right now my pay is no where

near where it should be. but i actually love and enjoy my shit.

going back to school after a 7 year hiatus to get the money

i shouuuld be getting for it in the fall and thinking of nothing else. ..

good luck champ.

ps. there is fucking plenty of cool shit to do in Cleveland. you sir better

start digging for some records for starters....

i'm just now catching up on ch0... i've been at my place of employment for 10 years now, teetering on and off extreme boredom.

but, i get to travel and "attend" conferences a few times a year.

i get paid pretty well, for not doing a whole lot. i have a degree and could be working more somewhere else for more pay, but i wouldn't enjoy it.

traveling and mini vacays does ease the boredom and redundancy of a regular job.

i'm also allowed to work out for an hour a day at the gym or whatever, but i only take advantage of that when i absolutely do not want to be in the office for whatever reason.

the weather is getting nice though, so i'd suggest riding your bike to and from work, if not bring it with you to work to ride around on your breaks or lunch. it breaks up the day.

i don't hang out with any of my co-workers unless i have to. getting drunk with them is an easier and faster way to either hate them or like them more, but you'll know more where they stand.

if you can, start doing online surveys, create and/or manage your own website,or some other shit you can do while you sit to make money and ease your boredom. if you want some links, send me a pm.

take full advantage of your vacation and sick leave. i usually take at least two big trips during the year, and usually schedule them around holidays so i can use less hours. the remaining hours i use to have random three day weekends. when you're working a 9-5 the weeks go by so slow and your weekends go by fast. since you accrue more sick leave then annual leave, use that. say you have a dental appointment, optometry appointment, or some other shit that will take up a whole day. normally you don't need a doctor's note unless you're out more than two days.

use those for fun days, drinking days, hanging out days, or just to lay in bed all fucking day.

i'm just now catching up on ch0... i've been at my place of employment for 10 years now, teetering on and off extreme boredom.

but, i get to travel and "attend" conferences a few times a year.

i get paid pretty well, for not doing a whole lot. i have a degree and could be working more somewhere else for more pay, but i wouldn't enjoy it.

traveling and mini vacays does ease the boredom and redundancy of a regular job.

i'm also allowed to work out for an hour a day at the gym or whatever, but i only take advantage of that when i absolutely do not want to be in the office for whatever reason.

the weather is getting nice though, so i'd suggest riding your bike to and from work, if not bring it with you to work to ride around on your breaks or lunch. it breaks up the day.

i don't hang out with any of my co-workers unless i have to. getting drunk with them is an easier and faster way to either hate them or like them more, but you'll know more where they stand.

if you can, start doing online surveys, create and/or manage your own website,or some other shit you can do while you sit to make money and ease your boredom. if you want some links, send me a pm.

take full advantage of your vacation and sick leave. i usually take at least two big trips during the year, and usually schedule them around holidays so i can use less hours. the remaining hours i use to have random three day weekends. when you're working a 9-5 the weeks go by so slow and your weekends go by fast. since you accrue more sick leave then annual leave, use that. say you have a dental appointment, optometry appointment, or some other shit that will take up a whole day. normally you don't need a doctor's note unless you're out more than two days.

use those for fun days, drinking days, hanging out days, or just to lay in bed all fucking day.

random 3day weekends and PTO ftw.

Thanks.

go to weird small shows and shit. meet weird babes.

even if everyone at your work sucks...if it's 9-5 mon-fri you're fucking golden.

i've never worked in an office full of old people but i usually don't make friends with coworkers anyways

usually the only time jobs have fucked my fun/social life up were night jobs, jobs with no weekends ever off and fixing windshields 50-60 hours a week and also never having weekends off

Skimmed the replies but set an end goal how ever long or close it may be until you finish the job. It has always helped me pull through those shitty days looking forward to leaving the job and going onto better things.

I'll work for a few years save money and then travel for as long as possible. Live cheaply/comfortably get a hobby to help keep you occupied, girlfriends work to.

Also take your lunch break away from your desk and try to have it later in the afternoon splits up the day and makes the afternoon go by fast

I can relate with the rest of you office slaves. My advice:

Start planning your exit. Everyone knows working for someone else

blows OG Mudbone. Believe in yourself and start your own LEGAL business

on the side and start building it. Once it's paying for rent and food quit your cunt job

and do your own shit full time. It may take some time buy hey, an exit is an exit.

Update:

Life just got a little more interesting.

Yesterday I got dumped. And today I got fired. So basically everything I've held high (getting a "real job," finding a girl to date/marry) for about 5 years has shattered in 48 hours.

All I have is a bike, $1800, some books, some clothes, and a shoebox full of old graff flicks.

I can do literally anything right now.

Interesting.

Bad ass.

Mail the books and flicks to your folks for safe keeping

Sell the bike

Take the $ and move to Alaska or some shit.

Get your KIR on man.

Update:

Life just got a little more interesting.

Yesterday I got dumped. And today I got fired. So basically everything I've held high (getting a "real job," finding a girl to date/marry) for about 5 years has shattered in 48 hours.

All I have is a bike, $1800, some books, some clothes, and a shoebox full of old graff flicks.

I can do literally anything right now.

Interesting.

you're lucky! now you can get unemployment and have a fun summer.....

I work 9-5 and I will agree, sometimes it feels like a nightmare. I can't keep it up too much longer. Shit will slowly kill your spirit if you're not the type who can handle it.

And mine isn't even in an office. In fact my boss is a chill, laid-back motherfucker and I have what many would consider a dream job, working in a "media production" field doing high-profile video shit.

It's the schedule that makes the whole thing fucked. The monotony and the bleak outlook of returning to the same place 5 fucking days a week, earlier in the morning than you'd like to. Plus, for me and plenty of others, there's the shitty cycle of getting fucked up every weekend to try and forget about having to work, then coming back on Monday feeling like shit. Only to attempt to recoup through the week before doing it again. And when I try to be disciplined and stay in / sober on the weekend, I feel depressed as fuck. Because Monday is looming and there's no alcohol to make me forget that.