Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

9-5 & 40 hour a week adults, talk to me

ya true lyin bout goin 2 volunteer at a church will only cause u strife n tribblelations cuz the true man upstars GOD wil kno ur sins............

:lol: When I read this shit I seriously almost had a heart attack from geeking.

Real, you are the last of a dying breed homie.

All that being said, im not a 9-5 guy, ive always worked obscure jobs with different hours and to be honest ive been lucky with the jobs ive had.

I can't give muchadvice on a Monday-Friday gig, but when I did work the closest thing to a 40 hour a week job I did alot of the things already stated. Take long shits, an what really helped me was making to-do list and writing screenplays/movies and other ideas down while at work. I was isolated when I wanted to be though for the most part, and as far as workig went, went I was working I went all in so when I felt like slacking, esta no problemo.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mistakes ive made over the years in the work force...Listen kids...

1. Do not fuck co-workers, no matter how tempting..It Always ends badly, yea the sexual tension with the girl in QC is so thick you could spread it on your morning toast..Forget it..

2. Do not tell anyone about your herbals and drug use, even drug users have ambition and will throw you under the bus to make you disappear.

3. See Number 1.

4. For the most part, showing up on time, drug and alcohol free will be enough to keep MOST jobs..The rest will fall into place.

5. See Number 1.

this is pretty good advice

not fucking coworkers is a rule i've lived by.

not having kids is another one but hey..

Yeah i've been chilling the fuck out this week.

I always leave at 5. ALWAYS. i cant understand dudes that leave the office at 7 or 9 pm.

anyways im back to being a degenerate. i realized yesterday that im a degenerate/terrible adult for life ... and cant live otherwise.

I feel you rother, ill never fully grow up and will always be a horrible teenage-adult forever.

No kids, breaking laws, killing my liver, smoking trees and fucking anything that bleeds.

Fuck it, like Tyler Durden said man, were god's unwanted children.

i work 70-80 hours a week, outside nonetheless, but im gonna offer my two cents on how to get through the work day (ive held 9-5s in the past and im not 18 years old so i guess i have some experience in this):

taking long shits and constantly playing with your phone does not improve your daily grind, it PROLONGS it.

youre at work for a reason, do your job.

if youre done your job, start the shit you have planned for tomorrow.

if youve got nothing on your plate for the next day, take it upon yourself to learn something new.

people are gonna say im encouraging brown nosing or being a keener, but im not trying to do that. be genuine, not a kiss ass, it goes a long way. you said youre getting paid decent, so put an effort into your workload, not on how to get by with doing the very least. if youre constantly busy, the day goes by faster. the sense of accomplishment increases at the end of said day. blah blah blah.

youre doing this for yourself, to keep your own sanity, not to impress your coworkers (which is not necessarily a bad thing). and if someone in charge sees you going the extra mile, whats the worse that could happen? a pay raise? a bonus? a promotion? a boost to your reputation? acquiring a dope reference?

i fucking wish i had the time at the end of the day to play on a rec team, had to turn down summer beer league this last week cause of crazy hours. do that.

going into work intoxicated/hungover/burnt out encourages watching the clock tick which fucking sucks no matter what profession youre in. so does fucking around on your phone.

if youre not a complete idiot, you can perform your job and still have time to let your mind wander. like symbols said, plan a trip and have something to look forward to and think about in the near future.

or do what i do and spend countless hours running machinery and doing manual labor and dream about winning the lottery.

i shave off at least 2-4 hours a week just thinking about what i would buy myself and everyone else.

what really does work for me and like others have said is do a physical activity. the physical activity is important b/c it lets you burn off steam, get your blood flowing (which is great b/c fuck sitting at a computer 8 hours a day catching a monitor tan), and get your endorphines up.

but i'd be lying if i wasn't being a full blown hypocrite saying that right now. i was gonna chime in here with solid advice, but fuckit.. i changed jobs a bit ago, and i'm in a rut also. waking up at 5-515am everyday fucking sucks. all i wanna do after work is eat, watch a movie, and sleep. at least i'm on a 9-80 split, so i get every other friday off.

i need to go skate more.

I'm about to get my engineering degree and I'm just starting to come up with my graffiti and love for fucking around and being reckless. Is there a way to balance the two? Should I stick to weekend fr8 missions? I'm not ready for the 9 to 5 grind. :confused:

it's not work if you love what you do.

if you don't love what you do, i dunno what to tell ya.

i always knew i never wanted to rot away under fluorescent lights in a cubicle/office, so i avoided it like the plague.

went to school for what i loved, followed my "dream" no matter how poor it made me at the time.

it worked. i'm fine now. no debt, no money issues otherwise, and i look forward to each new day.

if you feel/think you're trapped, then you are and will be. stop thinking that way and watch things change. good luck.

Mistakes ive made over the years in the work force...Listen kids...

1. Do not fuck co-workers, no matter how tempting..It Always ends badly, yea the sexual tension with the girl in QC is so thick you could spread it on your morning toast..Forget it..

2. Do not tell anyone about your herbals and drug use, even drug users have ambition and will throw you under the bus to make you disappear.

3. See Number 1.

4. For the most part, showing up on time, drug and alcohol free will be enough to keep MOST jobs..The rest will fall into place.

5. See Number 1.

1. Worked 7yrs in one place... 6 or those years was in a living relationship...

Made up for all 7yrs in the last year (broke up with said live in)... 7 broads from work.

2. I distribute herbals to people at work... Ain't no thing... Equal amount of dirt.

4. Agreed.

5. Four years at the new place and I've just opened the account :)

Horses for courses... 20yrs in the industry and still going :D

OHIO

All I can say is GTFO ASAP. Life is too short to hate your life & job.

Get in with a better company culture, even if the pay is less; it will add years to your life.

Then GTFO of ohio. Bleeeccch.

bottom line, you can slog through the job and use the money to make your life awesome (while hating the job)

or can spend a few years in hell as you get qualified for a job you'll like

then work the job without getting bitter, AND use the money to make your life awesome

not much other choice aside from living like a hobo or marrying into money..

pretty much sums it all up.

i have never....ever....fucking

understood how someone can actually

deal with that office life on such a boring

miserable level and continue showing

up each day, unless your office is fucking rad.

and they do exist. but regardless. holy bummer.

what a pitiful life to keep on living, man....sorry,

i just don't get that shit. right now my pay is no where

near where it should be. but i actually love and enjoy my shit.

going back to school after a 7 year hiatus to get the money

i shouuuld be getting for it in the fall and thinking of nothing else. ..

good luck champ.

ps. there is fucking plenty of cool shit to do in Cleveland. you sir better

start digging for some records for starters....

i'm just now catching up on ch0... i've been at my place of employment for 10 years now, teetering on and off extreme boredom.

but, i get to travel and "attend" conferences a few times a year.

i get paid pretty well, for not doing a whole lot. i have a degree and could be working more somewhere else for more pay, but i wouldn't enjoy it.

traveling and mini vacays does ease the boredom and redundancy of a regular job.

i'm also allowed to work out for an hour a day at the gym or whatever, but i only take advantage of that when i absolutely do not want to be in the office for whatever reason.

the weather is getting nice though, so i'd suggest riding your bike to and from work, if not bring it with you to work to ride around on your breaks or lunch. it breaks up the day.

i don't hang out with any of my co-workers unless i have to. getting drunk with them is an easier and faster way to either hate them or like them more, but you'll know more where they stand.

if you can, start doing online surveys, create and/or manage your own website,or some other shit you can do while you sit to make money and ease your boredom. if you want some links, send me a pm.

take full advantage of your vacation and sick leave. i usually take at least two big trips during the year, and usually schedule them around holidays so i can use less hours. the remaining hours i use to have random three day weekends. when you're working a 9-5 the weeks go by so slow and your weekends go by fast. since you accrue more sick leave then annual leave, use that. say you have a dental appointment, optometry appointment, or some other shit that will take up a whole day. normally you don't need a doctor's note unless you're out more than two days.

use those for fun days, drinking days, hanging out days, or just to lay in bed all fucking day.

i'm just now catching up on ch0... i've been at my place of employment for 10 years now, teetering on and off extreme boredom.

but, i get to travel and "attend" conferences a few times a year.

i get paid pretty well, for not doing a whole lot. i have a degree and could be working more somewhere else for more pay, but i wouldn't enjoy it.

traveling and mini vacays does ease the boredom and redundancy of a regular job.

i'm also allowed to work out for an hour a day at the gym or whatever, but i only take advantage of that when i absolutely do not want to be in the office for whatever reason.

the weather is getting nice though, so i'd suggest riding your bike to and from work, if not bring it with you to work to ride around on your breaks or lunch. it breaks up the day.

i don't hang out with any of my co-workers unless i have to. getting drunk with them is an easier and faster way to either hate them or like them more, but you'll know more where they stand.

if you can, start doing online surveys, create and/or manage your own website,or some other shit you can do while you sit to make money and ease your boredom. if you want some links, send me a pm.

take full advantage of your vacation and sick leave. i usually take at least two big trips during the year, and usually schedule them around holidays so i can use less hours. the remaining hours i use to have random three day weekends. when you're working a 9-5 the weeks go by so slow and your weekends go by fast. since you accrue more sick leave then annual leave, use that. say you have a dental appointment, optometry appointment, or some other shit that will take up a whole day. normally you don't need a doctor's note unless you're out more than two days.

use those for fun days, drinking days, hanging out days, or just to lay in bed all fucking day.

random 3day weekends and PTO ftw.

Thanks.

go to weird small shows and shit. meet weird babes.

even if everyone at your work sucks...if it's 9-5 mon-fri you're fucking golden.

i've never worked in an office full of old people but i usually don't make friends with coworkers anyways

usually the only time jobs have fucked my fun/social life up were night jobs, jobs with no weekends ever off and fixing windshields 50-60 hours a week and also never having weekends off

Skimmed the replies but set an end goal how ever long or close it may be until you finish the job. It has always helped me pull through those shitty days looking forward to leaving the job and going onto better things.

I'll work for a few years save money and then travel for as long as possible. Live cheaply/comfortably get a hobby to help keep you occupied, girlfriends work to.

Also take your lunch break away from your desk and try to have it later in the afternoon splits up the day and makes the afternoon go by fast

I work 40 hours a week but 2pm-10pm... which is a drunk people shift.

I don't get paid enough though, so I'm reading this thread to see what office life is like.

I have a sociology degree, so basically I won't be finding a different job any time soon.

I can relate with the rest of you office slaves. My advice:

Start planning your exit. Everyone knows working for someone else

blows OG Mudbone. Believe in yourself and start your own LEGAL business

on the side and start building it. Once it's paying for rent and food quit your cunt job

and do your own shit full time. It may take some time buy hey, an exit is an exit.

Yeah. I'm thinking about it and I realistically think i could start my own agency someday. King shit.

But that's a long way off. And a lot of money.

Starting a bar would be easier.

Update:

Life just got a little more interesting.

Yesterday I got dumped. And today I got fired. So basically everything I've held high (getting a "real job," finding a girl to date/marry) for about 5 years has shattered in 48 hours.

All I have is a bike, $1800, some books, some clothes, and a shoebox full of old graff flicks.

I can do literally anything right now.

Interesting.

Update:

Life just got a little more interesting.

Yesterday I got dumped. And today I got fired. So basically everything I've held high (getting a "real job," finding a girl to date/marry) for about 5 years has shattered in 48 hours.

All I have is a bike, $1800, some books, some clothes, and a shoebox full of old graff flicks.

I can do literally anything right now.

Interesting.

you're lucky! now you can get unemployment and have a fun summer.....