* NFL 2013-2014 Official thread (Year of the Ravens) *

pertplus1

Im so ready for the real thing as well.

Rivers & the Chargers looked awful.

Bears D don't play this year.

Ray Bay Bay's are looking hella good, the only thing im worried about is our receiving corp. Other than that, good luck to you niggas, I wouldn't want Bmore on my schedule.

I love how Foles and Vick had an eerily similiar outting and they are spinning it like Vick is running circles around Nick. Atleast he scored a fucking TD, Michael dick drove down the feild just to throw a pick.

Fuck I feel sorry for Jets fans, they are seriously the joke of football.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you guys think of your team so far?

my thoughts on the Cowboys, the O line seems to be a lil better, a lot of pocket protection for Romo even though this fucker be trying to do too much sometimes.. smh..

like how they got rid of the FB & going with an extra TE think it's a lot better.

like that kid Dunbar so far.. still need to see more of him.

going from a 3-4 to 4-3 defense should be a lot better get more turnovers hopefully.. looking forward to see Lee in action again.

one thing that's been killing us so far are them stupid ass penalties..

just ready for the season to start..

been calling Vick for starter, he's been playing pretty good so far. still think their defense is bootsie

Jets= shit

Ravens.. still believe in Flacco just added Dallas Clark & Stokley should be good additions probably won't get as much but still will be effective.

if the Bears O line protects Cutler he will payed at the end of the season.

feel bad for Phillip Rivers, liked that dude (nh) but that motherfucker done fell off tho..

long as the Pats got Brady they'll do fine, same goes with Breese & the Saints..

When Veldheer was on the left side there was at least something of a pocket, now... shit is sorry. Flynn was sacked 5 times in the first half against the Saints, that can't keep happening. But there is no depth on the O line, so it will keep happening, unless they can find somebody to act as a stop gap off the waiver wire.

Even aside from that the pass rush looked weak, the secondary looked like a sieve, and the run game was nonexistent. But SeaBass is still the Polish Howitzer so at least there is that...

It looks like going to be another looooong season.

Clowney here we come!

Edit: Pryor has come a long way in the off season, but he still isn't QB1 material... yet. The biggest thing he needs to work on now is his decision making and knowing when to cut losses. When to throw the ball away and not try to force bad throws. His running in designed runs and read options is off the charts, it's the pocket passing that he needs to work on. The up side with him is so high if the potential can be realized, but the down side is so low if it isn't.

Raiders definately have a chance to be the worst team in the NFL, can't think of a team as screwed as they are.

I havent seen alot of pre-season, mainly only the Ray bay's.

As far as the Ravens go, everything is going to be fine.

Luckily we've escaped the injury plague going around(other than Pitta).

Our ball catchers(No-homo) are my only concern, but there is alot of promising

young WR's on our squad and now with DC as a TE well be better there once Dickson comes back.

Flacco will do what he always does, play good through the season and fly under the radar, well land a 3/4 seed and then he'll play like the ghost of Montana.

Our run game is hella nice, and I expect the defense to be much improved from last year.

Steelers are in trouble this year, I love it.

Browns might actually be .500 this year....

As for the Bungals, im not sold on this ''great'' young team they've been trying to sell. Dalton can't get it done when it counts.

The only real challenges in the AFC this year will be The Patriots as always, Houston and the Broncos....but Denver is losing people left, right & center, and if Manning takes a few more hits like he did week 1 then he's fucking done. We seem to finally have the Patriots number so im not worried about them at all, Houston is the only team I see giving Baltimore problems.

That being said, I don't think a repeat is a stretch of the imagination.

went into the off season expecting a few years of rebuilding due to the new coach and GM so i havent been too disappointed aside from Rivers fumbling and shit. not ready to give up on him but its getting close. the rookie QB Sorenson showed some potential so we will see. the WR corps is weak as shit. still in disbelief they let V.Jackson go just to pay Meachum and Royal combined what Jackson was asking for. time to move on. so happy to see Kaeding finally gone. poor bastard, no love for a kicker who chokes though. he shouldve been gone years ago when he missed kicks against Chad Pennington and the Jets in the playoffs losing them the game. lastly, i dont get why they didnt improve the O-line at all over the off season. biggest weakness not addressed. you would think they would want to protect the highest paid and most important guy on the team.

oh yeah, Dwight Freeney... yeah man B)

10 man league

3rd pick

took Lynch

dont know why the draft is before pre season is over, hope no one on my squad gets put on IR in the next week

VQfcX8i.png

looks like you got yourself lil something, never played fantasy football. only done the basketball one.

heard the football is pretty chill, my dumb ass would want to pick up everyone from the boys haha..

it be hard for me to root anyone else... idk might give it a shot next season.

Fuck you guys, I wanted to setup a FF league for the Oontz. No one was intrested.

Big Ben as QB

tumblr_lsrjkb151B1r3v6f2o1_500_zps2563b43f.gif

I did oontz leagues for prob the last 5-6 years was even a cmmissioner once

Always ends up that half the people abandon their teams.

I'll be running Dalton at qb to get the double points since I have Green.

I think the Bengals will take the north this season .

looks like you got yourself lil something, never played fantasy football. only done the basketball one.

heard the football is pretty chill, my dumb ass would want to pick up everyone from the boys haha..

it be hard for me to root anyone else... idk might give it a shot next season.

It was super chill a few years ago when all there was were Sunday and Monday games.

Its pretty fun. Makes games you normally wouldn't care about more interesting.

I just had one draft, first place is $800. I'll post my roster later

Post it up!

My $ league drafts on the 9th. 12 team $100 league

Loser of the super bowl gets their $ back winner takes the rest

My cash league is a 12 man league. I got the 10th pick in the draft which sucked so I had to have a different strategy when picking.

egIfKzK.png

Not pictured is Cincinnati's defense and Aldon Smith as my starting defensive player

* My 1st round pick was C.J. Spiller, 2nd round pick was Chris Johnson.

dammit. i hate the preseason. injuries for everyone!

(giants) kinda wish they would stop relying on big plays and pass interference calls to move the chains and learn how to score in the rredzone..

also really sad that stevie brown is done for the year he was a bright spot last year and i was excited to see what he was gonna do this year..

are we doing a pick'em game thread for this season?

• 2 weeks later...

Welp...It was a hell of a game up until half time.

A few thoughts trying to be objective as possible.

-Regardless of it all, Flacco looked good in spite of a dozen dropped passes including two easy TDs. Im not happy about one of the picks, but he had to fit balls into windows the size of an eraser. Overall my boy still made me proud.

-I knew all through pre-season that our Receiving corp would be our biggest concern...and it most definately is. Torrey & Jacoby looked good(Until that fat nigger retard ran into JJ), but everyone else looked horrid. Dickson is a horrible TE, I cannot believe people use to debate him v. Pitta.

-I know you can't have a perfect team, but why in god's green fuck would you pay your QB 120mil(which he earned) and then put a bunch of grandpa ball catchers around him. Clark couldn't catch HIV. Pitta & Boldin will be missed, if JJ is out for a while, our O could be in trouble.Marlon Brown is a gem though, im looking for this kid to step up.

- The run game was really dissapointing, I dont have much to say.

-The defense is a mixed bag, the front 7 is solid, but our backfeild aside from Webb is hella dissapointing. Corey Graham and Huff couldnt cover or tackle, I know it was one of the game's of PM life but still, and Jimmy Smith has shown he is a bust.

- The Oline did fine until Oher went down, after that Bazooka Joe had less than a second to throw.

-Overall, im not worried at all, over half the points the Donkeys scored were off simple, stupid mistakes and helped out by retarded penalties on our guys part.

-The Broncos did look impressive, Peyton had one of the best games of his life, made alot easier by bad officiating and poor, poor play by our entire team.

-Im not blaming the ref's for the loss, even with every bad call going the Ravens way I know they still would of lost playing like they did, however the ref's need to get their fucking eyes checked. Many bad calls, missed calls, and a few were honestly an embarrassment to the game. I can see the new fast paced offenses causing problems for officials.

All in all it's week 1, one game, against arguably the best team in the league.

The Ravens are still a playoff team...and we know how that goes.