Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
user unknown

Bags for storing respirators

What bag do you use to store your respirator? I was going to get a molotow as they used at advertise it with a picture of a respirator but it's actually too small to store one.

793355_z1.jpg

you need to use two large ziploc bags

one for the respirator and one for the cartridges.

store them separately so the cartridges dont contaminate the inside of your respirator

i need to wear one at work and this is the standard procedure.

store them separately so the cartridges dont contaminate the inside of your respirator

i need to wear one at work and this is the standard procedure.

how detrimental to your health is it if you dont do this & just throw it in a single bag..?

does the filtered bullshit actually seep out in a way? what if you keep it in one bag, but clean out the inside of the respirator each time..?

if you could elaborate..

In a perfect world you should break it down and clean it (soap and water) after every 40ish hours of use. The cartridges should be tossed after 8. The mask portion should be replaced yearly because the rubber gets brittle and starts cracking. I understand shit is expensive but in the long run what is a couple bucks compared to cancer?

8 hours/pair of filters? damn

cleaning it & putting it back into a clean bag every time is key, i think.. but the 8 hour thing & having to store the filters separately are new to me

Think about it, your cartridges absorb all those VOC's, then off-gas them in to their surroundings. If it's in an air tight bag with your mask then gets saturated with those chemicals. As for the cartridge change out schedule, I'm working off the standard that my old job used, and granted it does error on the side of caution. I was painting airplanes, and surrounded by organic vapors (paint fumes, atomized solvents and polyisocyanates). So you could probably squeeze 16 to 20 hours out of them with spray paint, unless you are painting in an enclosed space where the PPM is exponentially higher due to saturation.

makes sense. whoopdee, feel like a retard now because it was obvious but at least thats cleared up. good thing it was cleaned every time, before & after wearing

always good to be on the side of caution

oh my god........a thread about "bags" for your respirators....A THREAD....

I have a wonderful flesh colored bag that will hold your respirator......Warm in the winter and hot in the summer time...

Extra for the "heavy scented" bag....add 2.00 Canadian currency...

PM me for rez bags!!!! Super Kewl bags at http://www.rezsacks.com African American or Caucassion available,,,,Inquire within...

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now