Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Friend of The Devil

The effects of aerosol on nature and the environment, karma, etc.

Ever wonder? I don't really care/believe in karma so it's not like it's a big deal to me.

I do know there's probably some more environmentally conscious people on the site that paint that i wouldn't mind hearing some opinions from though.

What is worse is the when they buff the paint either with chemicals or by sandblasting something.

Also I have no qualms I act as a sink for one of the worst greenhouse gasses by inhaling mass quantities of N20

I would class the way it's used in our context as a very fast transfer application so it's really the lowest impact way of using a spray operation.

What is worse is the when they buff the paint either with chemicals or by sandblasting something.

Also I have no qualms I act as a sink for one of the worst greenhouse gasses by inhaling mass quantities of N20

isn't sandblasting just compressed air and sand? how is that terrible for the environment?

at least nitrous steel can be reused i guess. lol.

I would class the way it's used in our context as a very fast transfer application so it's really the lowest impact way of using a spray operation.

i don't think i understand what you're trying to say.

isn't sandblasting just compressed air and sand? how is that terrible for the environment?

at least nitrous steel can be reused i guess. lol.

Sandblasting leads the the water and all the pollutants from the paint entering into the water system locally, sandblasting also breaks stuff down so the particles are small enough that they enter the food chain.

Any empty can can be recycled.

Transfer efficiency is essentially the length of time between it leaving the nozzle and it adhering to the surface. Your main problem is a long throw on the transfer exposing spray for longer, so basically... don't do flares if you love squirrels.

Sandblasting leads the the water and all the pollutants from the paint entering into the water system locally, sandblasting also breaks stuff down so the particles are small enough that they enter the food chain.

Also, the use of alkali liquid chemicals sprayed onto the surface prior to the blasting isn't exactly tree hugging practice.

I don't know if they still make kids buff as a form of Community Service these days?

I don't know if they still make kids buff as a form of Community Service these days?

I had to do that like four-five years ago. Twas horseshit, the cleaning chemicals gave me rashes and they were not even close to strong enough to remove even the weakest of inks, let alone spray.

not sure if serious or....

do you actually fucking think about this? before or after you wash your prius?

Im pretty sure theres no longer cloroflorocarbons (cfc's) in most aersols these days..

Eating meat actually causes more damage to the environment than crushing everyday all day, for the rest of your life...If your really concerned about air and water pollution , lay off the wendys, Wack Arnolds, and all the other fast food where your meat is obtained from factory farming...

I feel bad when I accidentally paint over insects and shit. If I notice them on the wall before-hand I try to move 'em.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now