Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
injury

renting the homes of complete strangers - airbnb.com

Anyone used this before? For where?

Considering staying in a flat for a trip to Paris this summer.

If you've used this before and found any big issues (or really like it) share your thoughts. Looks like a cool service on the outside and im wondering if it's all that.

Haven't used that service before but have done the house rental with friends before. It usually is pretty chill and is way better then staying in a hotel.

my mom runs one of these out of one of her houses, we get a fat guap of tourists from up north every summer. they all seem to like it

edit:and every winter as well

havent done it but know a couple who do and have visited them in the rental

seems legit.

they rent a place in Coronado, CA(san diego) for what a 2 bdrm appt goes for in the shitty part of town

john mccain and donald rumsfeld got houses in coronado. come up to say the least.....

haven't done it but i've read enough positive reviews of it on travel websites that i think i'd give it a try

i've also met up with complete strangers overseas bc of the net and that worked out well, so this might be fucking awesome.

i rented an apartment in istanbul and it was the bidness. anytime you can have a kitchen on a longer trip and not have to share a bathroom is great

I rarely post but I saw this and thought I'd let you know my experience-

I've rented from airbnb maybe 10 time now, also in France, and I highly recommend it. I stayed in an amazing place in Paris for about a week at a price you couldn't beat, and it was extremely clean and the person I stayed with was super helpful. Additionally, if you have any issues airbnb customer support is incredible. They will find you a new reservation and refund your money etc. if there are any major issues without bombarding you with questions or giving you attitude.

I recommend it to al my friends, and none of them have ever had anything but positive reviews. I've stayed in Paris, Lyon, Rome, London, Barcelona, Madrid, New York, LA, and New Orleans. You should just make sure to read the reviews and ratings for the renters you want. Also- most of the people that rent rooms/apartments go the extra mile. Almost all of them give you extra amenities like food, beer, wine etc. One guy supplied a harddrive of ripped DVDS for me to transfer to my computer.

Anyway, I would give them a try. It is by far better than any hotel I've ever stayed in and almost always comparable in price.

• Like 1

I used AirBnB to find accommodation in Tokyo, and it was fucking rad. I don't want to do hotels again after that. I had only heard of it a few months before, but it worked out so well.

I didn't get to meet the hosts but they definitely went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Hand written/drawn notes on how to use the washing machine/cookers etc.. And they left a couple of drinks in the fridge for us. It was an awesome little apartment too, right in Harajuku.

You get a completely different experience while you're staying there, it feels like your home for that time rather then just a hotel or hostel. Definitely check it out, but yeah. Read the reviews, look at what people have said. It's worthwhile though. Often a lot cheaper then the hotels too.

• Like 2

@dailyop and @cold crush - whats the deal with security deposits? im sure it varies by leaser but are those easy/hard to recoup ??

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now