Cuffed on Easter for painting

Mescaline

So I want to start by saying that I'm not proud of this story. In fact I feel very stupid for it. Anyways...

Mid-day on Easter my friend and I decided to go paint a chill spot that we had been to many times in the past. It's one of many abandoned buildings around Ft Worth, this being the most famous of them all.

We always thought that entering/exiting would always be the most difficult part in terms of being spotted/caught. We thought cops would NEVER enter this place, it's enormous and there are a million rooms. How stupid of us.

So, we enter thru the busted part of the gate and make it inside. Everything seems to be going perfectly fine. We go up the staircase and head pretty high up in this building, and find a nice room to paint in. So we start going at it.

I'm just finishing up the fill-in on my straight letter as I hear behind us "POLICE! Put down the can!". From this point on, I felt like I was dreaming. It was so surreal. They literally caught us in the act of painting the wall. There we nowhere to run. We were immediately cuffed. Asked us the usual shit "Do you have drugs/weapons/sharp objects?" etc and I let them know I have dank in my backpack.. They were gonna find it anwyays I had it in a bigass grinder like a retard.

So, they at this point tell us the actual reason they were searching thru the buildings was because someone had called the cops and told them there was a man with blonde hair about to jump off one of the buildings - suicide jumper. My friend has blonde hair, so they obviously spotted him thru a window or something.

We are taken back outside and we are greeted by 2 cop cruisers, an ambulance, and a firetruck.. All for us :D So at this point they are figuring out what to do with us, checking our history etc..

Cops ended up dumping out my weed, confiscating my green, and we were SET FREE with absolutely NO CHARGES OR TICKETS whatsoever.

Holy hell.

Just thought I'd share, not all cops give a fuck. and I'm in Texas.. Oh and they gave me my grinder back! lol it still had enough in there to scrape together a bowl. And they never found the blunt in my friends backpack because I had it covered with a banana.

I'll probably edit this and add onto it later, I'm really summarizing best I can.. I don't expect people to read this.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Could use some explosions though, maybe a dragon?

I had something mildly similar happen to me about ten years back, they took our paint though.

My best was not a chill spot, but a line wall, the cops literally checked our sketch and then said we could finish up before getting arrested, which they didn't even end up doing because they got another call.

Like sand through the hourglass.

Protester, they did confiscate all the paint. It's sad because we literally were caught in the act of painting the first fucking wall of the day... I had 7 Rustos and 2 other cans on me. I dont know how much my friend had, probably 6 cans separate from mine.

They arrived very quickly after that call, obviously. I would think that suicide jumper phone reports are a pretty high priority, haha..

EDIT: I should add that I had a couple sketches on me and markers etc because I have met other writers at this place in the past. The cops didn't give a fuck what I wrote, or even take a single glance at my sketches.

I don't know what the laws are like over there regarding rap spraying but really, what is the most you would get for painting an abandoned building unless you have a shitty record?

criminal mischief or felony vandalism depending on how much you painted and criminal tresspass/ breaking and entering. thats if they really wanted to. chances are they won't bother with an abandoned warehouse,but some cops (most really) are dicks. sounds like the cops didn't want to bother with the paperwork.

plus, catching some kids painting inside some abandoned building isn't as gloat worthy as catching some drug dealer or something cool like that. graff is low priority in most places.

You got super lucky.

Could use some explosions though, maybe a dragon?

I had something mildly similar happen to me about ten years back, they took our paint though.

My best was not a chill spot, but a line wall, the cops literally checked our sketch and then said we could finish up before getting arrested, which they didn't even end up doing because they got another call.

Like sand through the hourglass.

I had something like this happen years ago. Me and some friends were walking down some dead tracks when the cops rolled us, had a bunch of paint on us planning on spending the day at this wall. The cops told us that it was fine we came down here to paint so long as we didn't paint elsewhere in their town.

seems like youre all shook from being detained for the first time & whatnot..

cmon.. you already know you got the best deal you couldve wished for

I've been detained before. Not for graffiti though.

I made this thread sort of as a point being that SHIT HAPPENS. You can think you are doing all the right things at the spot, etc.. and all it takes is one person making a nonsense phone call about a suicide jumper.

Early Sunday morning is the best time to get big things done, assuming no one sees you and wants to make an issue out of it.

I have been in similar situations numerous times in the past, and in my experience most cops don't seem to care about spots that are 100% abandoned and not posted as long as you aren't doing really fucked up shit there. Painting and taking photos is usually okay as long as you aren't catching tags on the way in or out...drugs, theft and hurting people definitely get on their radar though. It also depends on the cop, too.

I went and painted like mid day on easter too...wierd

You're lucky the cops didn't care about your sketches or anything tho m8 you're lucky they were just blue and whites tho, or like regular on the beat street cops.

omg me too. you guys do this, like, a lot?

• Like 1

same shit last week, Detroit, east side, painting with my homie and we heard a car so we peeped our heads out and shonuff narko city. came down with my hands up because I didn't want my homies car to get impounded.

asked me what we were doing etc. never searched us, didn't take our paint, good day.

best part, they turned their back to us as they left.

now hypothetically if I hated narkos that bad, I could of shot both in the back of the head.

good training detroit. narkos. cool story asshole.