Unemployment

make sure you select to get taxes taken out, because you will end up owing come tax time. and for sure apply for food stamps, be sure to tell them you have no food too that will help speed that shit up. ive been laid off since march, it was rad at first but i'm starting to feel like a piece of shit as of lately.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Thanks guys. This shit sucks so hard. Damn I told them not to tax it...I guess that was a mistake...when I filled out the shit online it didn't say anything about foodstamps but my girl refuses to let me be on them, some sort of pride thing, whatever that means. When you work and get a paycheck, moneys taken out to go into a unemployment fund or some shit where little elves stash quarters and dollars until you get fired over nothing. I think.

Yo Morton, I only waited like two weeks cause I thought I'd find something real fast, u think that's too long? Anyways thanks again guys and gals

i was on unemployment for a year plus. there really isn't much to add other than to make sure you certify for benefits on time or you'll have to wait to get paid which really sucks because unemployment doesn't pay much in the first place.

you'd be wise to convince your girl that food stamps are a necessary evil in this situation. i got an extra $100 per month on food stamps which is basically just more free money and less stress on the already low amount you'll likely get.

best advice i can give is if they say jump, you better say how high because there are a ton of people in your same situation and they'll gladly deny your claim over some seemingly petty and bureaucratic bullshit.

try and find a job that pays under the table and you'll be golden. i was able to swing that for a few months before my unemployment ran out and was able to afford to buy my wife a much nicer wedding ring as a result. guvmentscamscumbagonerski.

Good luck, awp...I'm not unemployed, but I'm feeling the financial constriction pretty hard lately. Not enough income and too fucking expensive of a city. Looking for a second (well, third if you count the freelance shit) job. Luckily my girl makes way more than I do, so if I can't cover the whole tab or check when we go out it's not a huge deal. Still, though, then personal pride comes into play.

Oh, speaking of pride, take the damn food stamps. Unless your girl feels like shelling out an extra 1-200 a month towards your groceries. You gotta live. Put it to her that way, and she'll probably switch her attitude up pretty quickly.

they do whatever they can to not give it to you. they make it so complicated that people give up eventually. God forbid you've ever worked out of state, within the past year or so, fucks it all up. They tell you to go online, the website tells you to call a number on a certain day. They never answer the phones, ever. they're fags. hope you get it, fuck work in general.

So far I have at least three hundred applications/resumes out, with no response. Scratch that, I did get one response. And it turns out I'd have to invest a couple hundred bucks in getting what I needed to be ready to work, so it's probably not gonna happen. Recently I started applying for jobs that sound....not fictitious so much as I've never heard of them, and they sound made up, so I figured "What the hell?" and started sending them resumes.

Odd jobs aren't cutting it and I keep hearing that the job market is recovering....that doesn't square with what I see, though. There is work out there but employers are cagey, way more so than they used to be. It's not enough to know someone in management then show up in person dressed semi-nice and sober anymore, I guess.