Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spacecake

How do you deal with creative blocks?

Assuming I'm not the only one having it when I'm practicing on paper, how do you people deal with it? I personally like to smoke a joint and eventually a new idea will pop in my head.

Re: How do you deal with creative blocks?

fuck all that weed bullshit. you gotta learn how to let your mind run wild on its own. i just close my eyes and focus on the imagery in my mind and let it unfold infront of me on its own without letting my thoughts interfere. usually you'll have some pretty crazy shit pop up in your head. as far as with letters, i like to look at random objects in the world for inspiration and then apply it to said format..

look up random shit on the internet, like caligraphy, different types of animals, architechture rock formtions etc. etc. whatever the fuck it is. just take a random image and find a way to let it into your work.

• Like 1

Assuming I'm not the only one having it when I'm practicing on paper, how do you people deal with it? I personally like to smoke a joint and eventually a new idea will pop in my head.

http://bit.ly/Xk9zJX

i listen to my cromags cd which my mom bought me when i turned 7

it's called age of quarrel

and i turned it up so i can't hear my thoughts

I don't. If I'm not inspired I do something else until I am, then I'll run with that till the muse runs out or my hands stop working.

autoerotic asphyxiation works wonders. especially when you really push the time.

i think what hes trying to say is

any1 can do me a sketch?

I just took your soul boy.

whatever the "creative block " is .. i do something that has nothing to do with it .. maybe even forget about it for a week or two .. even longer.. then come back to it .. usually i have a new concept or outlook on it .... or just smoke a bunch of pot .. and drink heavily .. that works too.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now