anyone else getting fucked, over by the sequestration?

KILZ FILLZ

Re: anyone else getting fucked over by the sequestration?

FUCK YEAHHHHH!!!!!! My homegirl Stephanie, she stays up in the Bay Area..... she bought a box of cereal just for the glow in the dark dinosaur and when she open that shit up....... it was CRAZY small. Needless to say she was SUPER disappointed, it looked more like a dino-shrimp.... TRUE STORY...

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'll be OK this wonr put me on welfare or anything

But if you tell most people they will be getting $400 less a month for the next 6+ months I'm sure they'd be uneasy

Cancel the smart phone and stop going out and I should be fine

From a critical perspective youre dependent upon the federal government budget for bread and butter. Not to say you cant hustle in a pinch.. but just think about it. Not only should $400 less a month not make a difference.. but having your income be dependant on federal government budgets puts you in an obviously bad spot.

I personally would look at it as a great opportunity to diversify and look for private sector employment.

I'm all for people living within their means but a smartphone and a social life doesn't sound extravagant.

This is flat-out getting double-teamed by your elected officials. No two ways about it.

That's how its being taken for sure

Especially when this is the very next story reported

Screenshot_2013-03-01-15-36-19.png

Quickly followed by

Screenshot_2013-03-01-15-36-58.png

From a critical perspective youre dependent upon the federal government budget for bread and butter. Not to say you cant hustle in a pinch.. but just think about it. Not only should $400 less a month not make a difference.. but having your income be dependant on federal government budgets puts you in an obviously bad spot.

I personally would look at it as a great opportunity to diversify and look for private sector employment.

Yeah in a perfect world no one would be dependent on any thing like that

Just like my buddies in construction got fucked when the housing market crashed

Or my buddies who sold weed got fucked when dispendiaries opened on every other corner

In the long term govt work is a good thing to be in. On like a 40 year career timeline it will beat almost everthing

Most annoying part of any of this is hearing the Rush Limbaugh fan boys I work with saying "I TOLD YOU SO! I TOLD YOU SO!!"

FUCK YEAHHHHH!!!!!! My homegirl Stephanie, she stays up in the Bay Area..... she bought a box of cereal just for the glow in the dark dinosaur and when she open that shit up....... it was CRAZY small. Needless to say she was SUPER disappointed, it looked more like a dino-shrimp.... TRUE STORY...

we're all getting hit hard all over, but this is when it really hits home. Sorry to hear about that situation. Hope that with time things get better for your friend stephanie.

• Like 1

I'll be OK this wonr put me on welfare or anything

But if you tell most people they will be getting $400 less a month for the next 6+ months I'm sure they'd be uneasy

Cancel the smart phone and stop going out and I should be fine

if you go out...

pregame + drink in the alley

bring very small amount of cash

don't bring debit or cc

we're all getting hit hard all over, but this is when it really hits home. Sorry to hear about that situation. Hope that with time things get better for your friend stephanie.

1zKelqM.jpg

Thanks man....... I'll let her know you send your well wishes.....

The funny thing is that I care more about people on 12 oz getting hosed than the fact that they work in industries that I find mostly reprehensible (defense and petroleum come to mind).

What we need is a war that we can win and a reboot of the Marshall Plan- this will allow us to go in and rebuild so we can install another neoliberal regime that will buy and sell our crap. Fighting people who have been fighting each other since the dawn of civilization is like standing between two guys slinging shit at each other. The only smart place to be is upwind....way, way upwind. Like "on another continent" upwind.

(I'm not sure how serious I am about that Marshall Plan idea, so let's assume I'm joking and leave it at that. The second part I stand behind 150%.)

nah, not getting fucked at all but i am a little concerned about how badly the NIH budget will be decimated.

that said, my house gained nearly all of it's lost value back

i got promoted, and a raise after 3 years of freezes and furloughs.

we can't stay down forever

what we really need, is to switch from capitalism to a resource based economy. but that'll never happen

• Like 1

The funny thing is that I care more about people on 12 oz getting hosed than the fact that they work in industries that I find mostly reprehensible (defense and petroleum come to mind).

This.

i cant say im surprised at all, as this is quickly becoming a case of politicians trading positions and trying not to "lose" although since the fucking concept of representing your constituents has been out the window for decades now i'm not sure what "winning" or "losing" is anymore. Whatever it is, it isn't how the founding fathers envisioned it.

I'd like to see some skin from the politicians themselves. Take a pay cut. Go about your lying and horse trading in a way that costs me less money. I get taxed about 25% in total when you count in fed, state, local, and social. Never mind the fact that social security won't even be there for me when i retire - i've accepted that. I know that state and local taxes generally go to roads, firefighters and other shit. But i'm embarassed to say that i hate knowing this much of my income is going to this ass-backwards federal shithole. I'm from there, i know of what i speak.

:o

i wish i could designate where my tax money went. in a way, if we all could, that might be a good barometer to the gov't on what people actually wanna pay for. if i could decide to fund Yellowstone with my annual taxes, that would be tight. I wouldn't want to knowingly fund a single dollar of support to syria. nor would i want to fund tax breaks to ______ corporation.

we live in a country run by children, not men and women. it's embarrassing and it ought to make you angry. i believe that in the next ten years we'll probably see a violent solution if things don't change for the better. The rich continue to get richer, the poor get poorer, while the country stagnates. I am in that shrinking percentage of people considered to be "middle class" and i'm hoping to stay that way.

Oh, and to the question of whether i've been affected - the answer's yes. Not directly, but our clients are. My company's clients pay my company, who turns around and pays me. We've lost 6 clients in 2 months and the fiscal shit in washington is a part of that - and if it ever gets bad enough i am low enough on the totem pole that i'll be fired.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm no fan of the guy but I'm going to slightly retract what I said before and say this instead- I don't blame Obama for pushing Obama Care through. No, this is obviously GOP payback for the health care bill...which isn't something I was a huge fan of either, but come on, it's forty years overdue! We're forty years behind the rest of the world thanks to these ass clowns, and they want to get even because "We ain't gonna folla no nigra plan to pay no nigra doctor bills, hyuk hyuk hyuk." Which means you're willing to implode the global economy out of spite....awesome!

Actually, no, fuck you. I hope there's a extra hot place in hell for these assholes.

fuck being forced to pay for healthcare. straight up bullshit. I haven't had it in forever, and it is what it is. Would I prefer to have it, yes...if i was working for a place that covered it. Otherwise every month I don't get hurt, I have to throw away the little money I have? nonsense. If I get hurt, whatever ...I deal with it then. right now I have no job, and I shouldn't have to pay for shit. Insurance if i'm sitting on my couch at home? Seriously? That's just gonna cause me to do stupider shit to get my investment returned. Hello half pipes and 20 set handrails!

I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm no fan of the guy but I'm going to slightly retract what I said before and say this instead- I don't blame Obama for pushing Obama Care through. No, this is obviously GOP payback for the health care bill...which isn't something I was a huge fan of either, but come on, it's forty years overdue! We're forty years behind the rest of the world thanks to these ass clowns, and they want to get even because "We ain't gonna folla no nigra plan to pay no nigra doctor bills, hyuk hyuk hyuk." Which means you're willing to implode the global economy out of spite....awesome!

Actually, no, fuck you. I hope there's a extra hot place in hell for these assholes.

my only real criticism is/was that his timing was irresponsible. to me it was confusing and sort of backwards that he wasnt tackling the whole economic crisis thing ... i think attention should have been diverted there first.

the US is fucked if we keep these people in office.

I agree, he could have waited till other things were at least somewhat cooled off but that's how it goes. The question is, who would you replace them with? We have devolved from a semi-enlightened era into...whatever you want to call now. Sure we have a ton of cool gadgets, but we're almost dumber for it.

Sleaze- You're going to get taxed either way, so which would you rather pay for- an oil war, some dickhead CEO's pedicure tab, or nationalized health care? My guess is that at least part of the reason you feel that way is because you didn't grow up with some kind of subsidized health care. I would like to see my tax dollars working for me and not killing people or substantiating greed.