depression

pukey1

lately ive been depressed *crowd claps*. i drink myself to sleep, i wake up and take several shots of straight vodka before leaving to school where everybody ignores me. i have one friend that recently has begun to hang out with a more popular crowd. a girl ive liked for 6 months turned me down(in a bad way). and my family just plain sucks. ive got some fucked up shit in my body where i cant take the generic anti-depressants they sell here. and my parents are constantly on my ass for not getting good grades and all i do all day is sleep, drink, and draw. i cant afford paint cuz labors so cheap here, nobody wants a teenager for a part time job. anyone else ever this way?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by pukey1

they dont sell it here. just checked. fuck.

yeah no shit its under the counter. you got to go up in the dr's office tell them you mad retarded and ask if they have anything to substitute for a brain...they'll hand you this shit and you're on your way for a feel good day.

Stop drinking and don't mess with pharmies.. both are too addictive and have hellish consequences.

What you should attempt to do is travel. Try your best to go vacate somewhere with a buddy for 3-7 days.. hell, go paint in another city. just get the hell out of yours for a minute..... This always works for me.

Also, don't worry about the girl.. ('no woman no cry') Theres plenty more for you which are more suitable. Don't take what she said too seriously.. laugh about it and continue your search.

One last thing.... don't take life too seriously.. to quote Fishbone.. "just allow" :)

peace

go out and make yourself feel alive bro. go travel, see the world, sell all your shit and o for it man, go live, go jump off of crazy waterfall spots, watch the sunset from a mountain top, find beauty in the simple things. do the things that make you want to live man, do the things that yove always dreamed of doing. do what you wanted to do since you were a kid, fuck go hop a train and see the country from a different point of view. or just stay in town and look for the things that make you smile. just embrace life man. embrace your freedom. leave the drugs alone and same with the booze.

wow, im on a wierd kick here arent i? im planning on doing this myself very soon.

lately ive been depressed *crowd claps*. i drink myself to sleep, i wake up and take several shots of straight vodka before leaving to school where everybody ignores me. i have one friend that recently has begun to hang out with a more popular crowd. a girl ive liked for 6 months turned me down(in a bad way). and my family just plain sucks. ive got some fucked up shit in my body where i cant take the generic anti-depressants they sell here. and my parents are constantly on my ass for not getting good grades and all i do all day is sleep, drink, and draw. i cant afford paint cuz labors so cheap here, nobody wants a teenager for a part time job. anyone else ever this way?

Have you gotten the package I sent you yet?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ha! yeah it's called being the ages 16-21

life gets better kid..just comes a point intime when you realize ..it's up to YOU to make it better for yourself..

Supposing you had gotten that chick...would that have just made everything all better ? I doubt it...just make your life good for you...and don't play up the dpression thing so much..or it will get worse

i understand where youre coming from. ive been a manic depressive my whole life and anti depressants just made me a zombie. try getting a girlfriend. yes girl do help, you'd be suprised. ive had many girls help me through tough times but dont get too hooked because you might end up worse after you break up. also dont tell her anything about your depression keep it to yourself. its quite possible that the girl that turned you down found you attractive but also a complete nut case. she will pass the time with you and life might start to look up for you. but remember telling people about your depression is too heavy for others since their brains work differently. when they have a problem they have a quick ready made solution, something that doesnt work with depressants. alcohol really makes things worse when you are already a bit out of your mind.

you already stated that you dont have a job nor any money so travelling probably isnt too good of an idea but if you can get a partime job then try a small trip somewhere by yourself. but lower your standards when it comes to getting a job. anything. mc donalds? sure i know $5 an hour ain't shit but you're young so you first have to learn to eat shit. if you're embarrassed go to one that isnt in your neighborhood. jobs give you money and possibly a way to stop thinking so much.

go to the forest, reteach yourself what it feels like to be alive. you have forgotten. fuck friends that ditch you find a new one from a different school. i slept all the time too so you should try to get more activites in your life. try a community art club or maybe even try volunteering somewhere. old persons home. during college i tutored foreignors in english. they made me want to come back the next day even though i was already working fulltime and going to college fulltime not to mention my huge amounts of homework that i did every night.

you tried smoking weed? its worked for me. but weed doesnt work for everyone it can do the opposite and make you worse. but this is just the temporary cure.

long term. read books. educate yourself about depression so that you know how to handle it properly and you can begin to understand why you're fucked in the head. try a community center that has free social workers. sure it sounds cheesy but it can be fun talking to someone and getting some opinions back from someone that may even be able to help you find a job. alot of the work that i got when i was a teenager was from social workers that knew people. finally set goals for yourself and write them down. then write down what you need to do in order to accomplish these things. if you do things that go against anything you write you are straying too far from your goals.

i hope this helps you out in any way

Originally posted by serum

i understand where youre coming from. ive been a manic depressive my whole life and anti depressants just made me a zombie. try getting a girlfriend. yes girl do help, you'd be suprised. ive had many girls help me through tough times but dont get too hooked because you might end up worse after you break up. also dont tell her anything about your depression keep it to yourself. its quite possible that the girl that turned you down found you attractive but also a complete nut case. she will pass the time with you and life might start to look up for you. but remember telling people about your depression is too heavy for others since their brains work differently. when they have a problem they have a quick ready made solution, something that doesnt work with depressants. alcohol really makes things worse when you are already a bit out of your mind.

you already stated that you dont have a job nor any money so travelling probably isnt too good of an idea but if you can get a partime job then try a small trip somewhere by yourself. but lower your standards when it comes to getting a job. anything. mc donalds? sure i know $5 an hour ain't shit but you're young so you first have to learn to eat shit. if you're embarrassed go to one that isnt in your neighborhood. jobs give you money and possibly a way to stop thinking so much.

go to the forest, reteach yourself what it feels like to be alive. you have forgotten. fuck friends that ditch you find a new one from a different school. i slept all the time too so you should try to get more activites in your life. try a community art club or maybe even try volunteering somewhere. old persons home. during college i tutored foreignors in english. they made me want to come back the next day even though i was already working fulltime and going to college fulltime not to mention my huge amounts of homework that i did every night.

you tried smoking weed? its worked for me. but weed doesnt work for everyone it can do the opposite and make you worse. but this is just the temporary cure.

long term. read books. educate yourself about depression so that you know how to handle it properly and you can begin to understand why you're fucked in the head. try a community center that has free social workers. sure it sounds cheesy but it can be fun talking to someone and getting some opinions back from someone that may even be able to help you find a job. alot of the work that i got when i was a teenager was from social workers that knew people. finally set goals for yourself and write them down. then write down what you need to do in order to accomplish these things. if you do things that go against anything you write you are straying too far from your goals.

i hope this helps you out in any way

thanx man. the weed is too hard to get here(nicaragua) and ive tried it. i wish there were such things as part time jobs here, but o well. thanx alot

Originally posted by T.T Boy

go out and make yourself feel alive bro. go travel, see the world, sell all your shit and o for it man, go live, go jump off of crazy waterfall spots, watch the sunset from a mountain top, find beauty in the simple things. do the things that make you want to live man, do the things that yove always dreamed of doing. do what you wanted to do since you were a kid, fuck go hop a train and see the country from a different point of view. or just stay in town and look for the things that make you smile. just embrace life man. embrace your freedom. leave the drugs alone and same with the booze.

best advice right here.

if yr a senior in HS...chill out and stick with school for the last year, just so you dont have to worry about that shit. but as soon as graduation rolls around, tell yr family to go straight to hell, and leave. if you dont have any one thing, person, place, or job thats holding you down, then get outta there. dont view your lack of friends/girl/job as a bad thing, think of it as major freedom to go out and see the parts of the world that nobody has time to see. nothing is as spiritually cleansing or amazing as going out and finding beauty in the world. youre not depressed, youre stuck in a rut. hop outta that rut and see the world.

try doing something active. like physically active. physical health is sometimes connected to mental health. i've heard that that can sometimes help. it seems like you might know what's making you feel depressed, but if not, try to find out. taking drugs to 'fix the problem' won't necessarily work, and it still won't be the answer to really fixing what's making you depressed. just try to get ahold of what is happening with you. hope that helps.

"the darkness always comes before the dawn. and you won't even remember it for long."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived