Brazilian nightclub fire killed more than 230 people

CancerDancer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This is terrible.

It has been interesting watching the BBC report on it--this morning it said "at least 245 killed" then dropped to 232 and now its sitting at 233. From a journalistic standpoint maybe aim low and wait til the numbers are confirmed? over 25 dead is a big headline, over 200 is huge.

I've done club security, and it used to drive me crazy when we'd hit capacity and shut down the box office...then five minutes later the promoter open the side door to let a few dozen more people in. And guess what? When the fire marshal would show up and shut them down they'd turn right around and point the finger at us, saying we did it. It's more like "No, you were paying us to be dicks to our friends who were willing to pay to get into your oversold event while you were sneaking in that coke dealer and his skank entourage...way to go, champ." Although I gotta admit, nothing like this ever happened while I was on the job.

RIP.