So How Bout That 12oz Update?

vanfullofretards

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 12 oz is doing better than ever, they have a good brand and have what appears to be solid financial backing...the real question is whether the forum will ever draw the kind of traffic that it used to and continue to be worth investing in. If you look at how social media has evolved, it's kind of hard to say...another thing to consider is that when Raven set up the forum, it was more or less a placeholder till the main site went live. I'm sure some of you remember this-

sSg8dfU.png

-and I'm sure some of you remember that a couple weeks ended up turning into a couple of years, so it shouldn't be that surprising that deadlines tend to be somewhat flexible around here. Not to mention the fact that it's kind of hard to steer people into the club when the door is locked....and when they finally get inside, they realize there's no one hanging out and half of the bathrooms don't work.

Another happy thought is that the software that the forum runs on is over six years old and is vulnerable to all kinds of exploits....in fact, if you Google "vBulletin 3.6.4" the first thing that comes up is exploits. Not only that, I wouldn't be surprised if we're still running off of the same backup that was rolled out after the server crash in 2009 which has to be patched/jury rigged every six months or so when something goes haywire.

I don't think anyone knows what the plan is at this point with the forum. It would be great if things got sorted out and upgraded, but for whatever reason it seems like that plan is on hold....I asked Raven why he stopped keeping everyone informed about the situation, and he said that he was tired of telling everyone that the upgrade was going to happen ANY DAY NOW and not being able to make good on those commitments. It wasn't the answer I wanted to hear, but I can see where he's coming from.

Go figure a piece of shit website that you can't even log into would die off.

The remnants being fucking 30's aged losers arguing with college kids about how sweet their snot nosed kids are and why police rock...on a graffiti website.

The internets never cease to amaze me.

• Like 1