-36°C painting

Poochie

-36°C markers

hello guys (newbie btw!)

I saw threads about painting in the cold, but that was no use, as I can paint to about -20°C without a problem. But the latter case is way shittier

I live in north Quebec, been making grafiti since this summer

In summer, we have usually temperatures averaging 20-30°C

But right now, this week specialy, temperature's been down to -20°C (and today was -36°C)

Every paint I try is dripping as fuck. 1st millisecond out of the can and it already makes a looong drool of paint all down the wall. I'm pretty sure it's because of the temperature, as this problem never occured to me before. So i'm borderline slacking off cans, until I find a solution.

Markers (Paint ones) freeze before I can even use them, i'm buying ink ones right now, maybe it'll solve the problem.

Any ideas/mixes/techniques to solve this ? I can't write/paint anymore, it annoys me as fuck to have epic drools of paint everywhere spilling in/out of my grafiti, that drives me crazy. Or markers not working. Logically I think ink markers wouldn't freeze, am I stupid or have I reason ?

Also general cold-ass Siberia/high Canada/Groenland/Icelanders markers ideas thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah I use that. I live in northern alaska and its fucking cold up here during the winter. it is the only thing I have found to warm up the cans of paint so that I can paint during the colder months. The can's wont explode that is just an urban myth, you could stick one in the microwave for 15 minutes and it would come out working just fine. But yes that torch is the best way to unfreeze your paint so you can paint during the winter months.

• Like 1

yeah I use that. I live in northern alaska and its fucking cold up here during the winter. it is the only thing I have found to warm up the cans of paint so that I can paint during the colder months. The can's wont explode that is just an urban myth, you could stick one in the microwave for 15 minutes and it would come out working just fine. But yes that torch is the best way to unfreeze your paint so you can paint during the winter months.

This. Definitely do this.

In your bag carry multiple nalgene bottles with really hot water in them, surround it with your cans.

See the problem with this is that by the time you get to your destination the water has frozen and the cans are cold all over again. That is why you just bring along the torch and heat your cans when you want to use them. Doesn't take more then a minute per can, ok a couple minutes if you are using the xl montana cans. I've tried so many other things and this is the one thing that works the best.

Fist that is a really good idea. I just tested it on a couple of cans I put in the freezer and it worked like a charm. From completely frozen to spraying perfect lines in a couple of minutes. I just jumped the cans from my car though instead just like I would jump another car. Much easier then the torch idea for spots I know I'm gonna post at all afternoon and have a bbq paint party.