Getting paranoid on noise....

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

Lately i cant stand that shit.

First i concentrate on a sound, a tiny one, like that shit my Hard Disc does or the one that the CPU fan does. Then that sound seems to be getting louder and louder till i cant stand it anymore.

Last night i got up from the bed and turned the pc speakers off just for that slight sound they produce when on.

I kept hearing my breath and i couldnt sleep.

I took some pills and realised that there is no thing as silence, silence is the most relative thing there is.

So is silence defined by the minimum irritating sounds you hear or the ammount of concentration on your thoughts that makes you ignore everything else?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

have you ever meditated?...not to come off like a dirty hippie but ive acheived some serious levels of silence and peacefullness through meditation...it isn hard and it works fucking wonders...especially for a sleep aid.

buhdda

Originally posted by regulator

i hate that little buzz in my hears when im trying to sleep....everything is off....but its not fuckin quiet....its like your hearing the fuckin air....nothing makes the sound...its just there

Oh shit man !! I got that exact same thing.. it's like all these high pitched electronic noise type things and it bugs me the fuck out too. :confused:

Guest GorbortOrman

sometimes i'll be going to sleep and i'll lay there in my bad and i'll be staring at the ceiling and if i focus on the celing for too long it feels like the room is getting smaller and all i would have to do is barely reach up and touch the celing... weird

yes, the subject of silence. in a modern developed area there seems to be no escape from noise polution. even when seemingly quiet there is always the hum of electricity that is impossible to get rid of unless power is cut off...i have experienced such silence when i lived on guam for 2 years...you see, the power plant on guam was unable to produce enough power for the entire island without overloading, so every other day at 8:00pm until 9:00 pm the powerplant would cease producing electricity, this was conviently called "load sheding" and it produced a silence that i havent experienced since...it almost took me back to the days before the light bulb, since during load sheding we would have to use candles to light the house...i must say, that the absolute silence experienced when there is no power at all is indeed enjoyable and suprising as well...pure silence without background electrical humming is definately something that has to be experienced...i sugest going to yellowstone and spending a night in the woods in order to appreciate the silence....okay, so the silence wasnt exactly silence on guam, there were cars driving by occassionally and airplanes overhead, but hey...it was damn quiet....

i had this problem when i used to smoke weed everyday, when i stopped smoking it, it seemed to sort it out. I used to halusinate loud sounds all the time too (trains, motorbikes, people talking), which i put down to paint fumes and weed.

You could always just get drunk out your skull everynight and pass out somewhere.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by SKUMBALUCKAH

I used to halusinate loud sounds all the time too (trains, motorbikes, people talking), which i put down to paint fumes and weed.

Are you sniffing glue kid?:beat:

Seriously, this interest me also. All people that sniffed glue or gasoline hear that sounds(repetetive mechanical ones like helicopters,trains,motors etc) under the influence anyone knows why?

we need a Cracked ass type answer

Originally posted by Tesseract

Are you sniffing glue kid?:beat:

Seriously, this interest me also. All people that sniffed glue or gasoline hear that sounds(repetetive mechanical ones like helicopters,trains,motors etc) under the influence anyone knows why?

we need a Cracked ass type answer

Of course I dont sniff glue, Inhaling paint fumes (mixed with getting stoned) for a long period of time has the same effect as sniffing any solvents, as it is a solvent! :rolleyes:

Solvents and aerosols are drugs that werent ever meant to be drugs. Solvents are hallucinogenic (they work directly on the brain and affect all the senses) which is why if you take a lot of a solvent at once you can experence both auditory and visual hallucinations.

Originally posted by SKUMBALUCKAH

Of course I dont sniff glue, Inhaling paint fumes (mixed with getting stoned) for a long period of time has the same effect as sniffing any solvents, as it is a solvent! :rolleyes:

Solvents and aerosols are drugs that werent ever meant to be drugs. Solvents are hallucinogenic (they work directly on the brain and affect all the senses) which is why if you take a lot of a solvent at once you can experence both auditory and visual hallucinations.

Did I not call the paint fumes thing???

Thank you..........The Professor rests his case!!:king:

Originally posted by j3di

so seriuosly what do you call natives of guam...guamish...guammies? guammanies

que?

native people on guam are reffered as chamaros and they speak chamaro...there is also a large poupulation of filipino and koreans there...a smaller poupulation of chinese, and alot of japanese tourists....the dominent laguage there is english...US territory and what not....

• 1 month later...

Staight Chamorro Bloodlines

Kinda fucken wierd huh my pops is straight up fucken crazy ass tated fucken Chamorro and my moms is straight from fucken Aguililla Michoacan. I eat fucken chicken celaguen, red rice, frijoles, y tortillas.

Fuck bro pass me some PUGUA:D :D

Archived