***NHL 13' Thread- Fuck Bettman

mosluggo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im hopping on the hawks bandwagon since my oilers shit the fucking bed.

side note, i am fucking choked we brought back macT as the fucking gm.

old boys club is getting annoying to say the least.

this is a guy who a few years back said, "marty reasoner reminds me of joe sakic, just with a little less speed".

stoked for playoff hockey though.

it was a good start, i agree fully.

you rollin with the Ducks or Kings?

SD and LA have kind of a rivalry so i would never root for an LA team

ive had a Blackhawks fitted for a few years because i liked the indian head

so thats who ive been going for.

im not gonna align myself with a team for a bit though im still learning the game. just learned what icing actually is the other day.

loving the game. loving the history too.

games usually this intense? or is it more boring when its not playoffs? these dudes are going balls out the entire game it seems

playoff hockey is always more intense than the regular season.

a team needs grit and leadership to make it anywhere in the post season, not just raw talent.

case in point, vancouver.

also, washington in years prior (ovechkin is no leader, i dont care how well hes playing).

you need to know anything boats, just ask.

side note:

why does COS always pop up right before the stanley up playoffs throughout this forum, yet is quiet as a churchmouse after vancouver gets eliminated year after year for months afterwards :lol:

BRING THE BROOMSTICKS VANCOUVER, THERES ALOT OF SHIT TO CLEAN UP

cool man thanks.

im kinda leaning towards chicago but im curious, theyve been around almost 100 years and most of that has been them being shit, right? im not sure i want to commit to the Cincinnati bengals of hockey...

couple ?s about rule stuff-

any rule about players other than the goalie being in the crease?

or offensive players interfering w the goalie?

is interference only in the neutral zone? and it is when a defensive player checks the offensive player with the puck right?

if a player catches the puck must they drop it at their feet or can they pass it?

kicking the puck seems legal, any rules on that?

thanks again

rule ?'s

1. you can stand in front of the goalie in the crease,you just cant interfere with the goalie

2. you cant hold up or interfere with a guy whos going to the puck,the defense can clear players from in front of the net.

3. you can bat the puck out of the air,can grab,and quickly drop the puck to your stick,you cant hand pass,or close your hand on the puck.

4.you cant kick the puck into the net for a goal,you can direct a puck into the net for a goal with your skate,as long as there is no kicking motion.

• Like 1

20130509136808541567205.gif

So this guy shows up to pick up hockey this morning, can barely skate, all new gear, but no cage.

After everyone realizes he didnt know the rules of the game or what offsides is, everyone tries to help him out by explaining things while on the bench between shifts...

I heard a couple guys mention he should really put a cage on his helmet.

Unfortunately no one told him not to stand in front of the net, and have no fucking clue what was going on.......because about 10 minutes after being there he takes a slapper from the point right in the fucking face. Dropped like he had been shot. Blood all over the place, blood across the ice, they ended up calling the ems.

Fucking retard.

cool man thanks.

im kinda leaning towards chicago but im curious, theyve been around almost 100 years and most of that has been them being shit, right? im not sure i want to commit to the Cincinnati bengals of hockey...

thanks again

Boats, here's a little history lesson about the hawks as I understand it. The Wirtz family owns them. Old man Wirtz could not have been much worse of a owner. He was really cheap, and wouldn't have home games televised so more people would go to the games. It didn't matter since he wasn't putting any $ into the team anyway. It really pissed off a lot of the die hard fans. When he died in 07, the team was taken over by his kid, peter. The Wirtz family is involved with a bunch of different shit, but liquor is their money maker. They get 33% of ALL LIQUOR SOLD IN ILLINOIS. Anyway, So peter I guess wasn't as interested in running the team, so he made a deal with his bro, Rocky. Peter took the liquor, Rocky took the Hawks. He started putting a lot of money into the team, televising home games, and getting good people to work for him.

So long story short, he's been awesome since he got here. Took over in 07, and had a cup within 3 years. He's awesome, and a super nice guy. I usually see him at games shooting the shit with the fans at intermission etc. The hawks are going to be good for a long time. They're going deep this year. I think the winner this year is going to be from the west. Hate to say it, but san jo might be tough to beat. Them and LA are going to be tough. Doesn't seem like any team in the east really has it clicking right now.

Oh ya, and since they started getting better and winning they've sold out a crazy number of games straight. Like 200 something games. If you ever get a chance to go to a game here, DO IT. Atmosphere is one of the best in the league IMO

So this guy shows up to pick up hockey this morning, can barely skate, all new gear, but no cage.

After everyone realizes he didnt know the rules of the game or what offsides is, everyone tries to help him out by explaining things while on the bench between shifts...

I heard a couple guys mention he should really put a cage on his helmet.

Unfortunately no one told him not to stand in front of the net, and have no fucking clue what was going on.......because about 10 minutes after being there he takes a slapper from the point right in the fucking face. Dropped like he had been shot. Blood all over the place, blood across the ice, they ended up calling the ems.

Fucking retard.

Ha, always love the guys letting a slapshot rip into a crowd in front of the net during rat hockey... His fault for not having a cage on but still.

Last night was ridiculous....such typical toronto sports fashion, let the people believe that we are going to win, have a nice lead and then blow it in the last couple of minutes and lose in OT. The bar i was at was going wild when the leafs scored 4 people buying everyone shots, standing on tables....then the bruins come back, OT everyone was pissed and when they finally scored it was silent. Shit sucks!

Man, thats brutal dude. Didn't get to see it but from what I've read sounds like one of the biggest choke jobs ever, before one of the greatest comebacks ever.. Taking the Hawks in 6, and who knows after that. Really don't know who I'd rather see sj or la.. Prob san jo. The fold around this time of the year for some reason.. And lol at Ovechkin. He'll never win a cup on that team-