New Bedford, Ma. 508 for fame

Dare

I got scum hall flicks,old milliken and possibly some old fort Rodman stuff,gotta dig it all up...does anyone remember the standard times expose in the Sunday paper called "graffiti guerillas" with interviews and full color spreads featuring tomb,deny,and rezn?....ill dig that up too,dope thread alotta history.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

O yeah I remember that article that was kool.

as far as some of the tags I see right now Tek is all city. Haunt is just a down town tagger but Nomi and Rack need to becareful cause they write on peoples personal property, they violating. They writing on people's houses and thats not good, thats against street code. Thats just making people hate more. DZ178, ACE, Taz, Angel, Spy, I mean all the writers back in the day even the most respected today write on something thats already fucked up, like abandon buildings and schools like old voc, light posts, stop signs ect. You don't go violating people's homes. Thats how you get shot or just straight fucked up. Nomi and Rack need to do it right.

I remember that Standard Times article, if it's the one I'm thinking of it was around '94-'95 and took up almost the whole Living section. I agree on that Nomi situation too, I don't think he should be writing at all but, even if his tags/handstyles were half way decent, houses, churches and anything residential is off grounds and anyone with any knowledge of graffiti should already know that from the start. From what I heard, Nomi hasn't been writing for a while now, but I never heard of the other dude Rack. I appreciate seeing the old flicks and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing some Scum Hall stuff. That spot in the industrial park was ill too, I really wish I took more pics back then.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope this thread stays alive. If anyone has any pics to upload, I would appreciate it. I have a lot of newer pics of a lot of New Bedford spots/writers, but nothing too old. I didn't take a lot of pics back in the day and most of the ones I did take are long gone..

• 1 month later...

3rd Eye open is on July 20th this year if anyone's interested. It's not going to start till 12 though, due to low funds. Hopefully more people show up this year, last year was depressing seeing legends like Masts Ace and Ed O.G. performing with like 20 people in the audience.

They're losing a lot of they're funding, so it's back to Saturday-only this year and it doesn't start till 12. They're promotion sucks and I think that's why the turnout last year was low and it looks like the same shit's going to happen this year. No flyers, no posters, no updates on their website.. that's what happens.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...