NRA: Put an armed guard in every school, yeah guns!

injury

RIPS I swear to god you are either a retard or just a very good troll.

You trying to say gun control doesn't work because a real life example of australia clearly shows it does.

why are you using Australia? UK is not working??

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
why are you using Australia? UK is not working??

works fine in the UK but I thought I would use a more relevant example. Australia had guns whereas in the UK it has been ages since we had free gun ownership (infact I don't even know when we did) but Australia had guns and also gun massacres, then amazingly after they introduced gun control, gun massacres, gun homicides and gun suicide all dropped significantly.

• Like 1

works fine in the UK? now only criminals have free access to guns

Not if guns aren't freely available.

Remember, UK (and Aust.) is an island, much harder for guns to make it in to the country. Of course they do get thee but a trickle as compared to what would come in to the US - or a gun free state - should control be tight.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Bump, what is the current temperature of people about this idea now?

Do we want armed security and teachers in schools?  It seems that 6  short years ago the general idea here was that nobody wants armed security in schools.

I personally think kids would be safer with armed guards at schools.  Would be happy to see schools supporting teachers being armed as well.

Of course heavy training would have to be completed and there'd have to be a huge lack of negligence with the weapons from the teacher's part.  Aka, don't leave it in your purse while you step out in to the hall for a moment to talk to another student.

We used to do crazy shit to this one teacher that couldn't see very well.  I literally would light a bic lighter flint on fire until it was red hot and throw them on the linoleum in that class making huge super hot sparks fly...... she'd say "HEY!  Who's throwing fire back there."  Then the class would erupt with laughter.  Anyway, she'd be a bad person to have a gun because she was clueless about what her students were doing.  She also had a wig and a cane, we were mean assholes.  Certain students would take her cane  by having another student distract her, then they'd put it on top of the window blinds at the back of the class room where you couldn't really see it.... then bell would ring for lunch and everyone would empty out.

Her desk was situated in the corner of the room diagonally with her chair's back to the corner..... it was super easy for someone to sneak up there behind her in the corner without her knowing and just stand up there behind her mocking her the entire time she taught.  So fucking clueless that poor lady.  Definitely wouldn't want her having a weapon.

• 1 year later...

Hey @Kerrymahomiwhat do you teach?

I had some local dude running for school board canvas my neighborhood a few weeks ago. I was working outside doing manly shit in my work clothes. Off the bat they originally dismissed talking to me because they thought I was just a work man and not the homeowner.

So after they are all around my front door and stuffing pamphlets or what ever in my door handle I aggressively ask him if I can help him with something. 

he introduced himself and started going into his routine talking points. He makes sure to tell me that he is a retired 9/11 soldier. His plan for school safety is to make sure that every school has a 5 man attack team on campus comprised of a mix of ex military combat vets and ex police officers that will be trained to put down any threat. 

I said "Wow. That's something else. Don't you think the solution to the problem lies in finding out why these kids are shooting up schools in the first place?" His face glazed over and I could see his brain gears jamming up like he had never even considered it. I thought we were about to engage in some meaningful conversation. Wrong. He immediately started trying to pander to me about how he was going to bring trade programs back into schools. Lol. You think that's what I want based on what I'm out here doing right now? I don't even like going to work. I ended the conversation with the old "When your only tool is a hammer," and he went about his business kicking his bullshit on down the block.

• Props 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 8:13 PM, Dirty_habiT said:

Bump, what is the current temperature of people about this idea now?

Do we want armed security and teachers in schools?  It seems that 6  short years ago the general idea here was that nobody wants armed security in schools.

I personally think kids would be safer with armed guards at schools.  Would be happy to see schools supporting teachers being armed as well.

Of course heavy training would have to be completed and there'd have to be a huge lack of negligence with the weapons from the teacher's part.  Aka, don't leave it in your purse while you step out in to the hall for a moment to talk to another student.

We used to do crazy shit to this one teacher that couldn't see very well.  I literally would light a bic lighter flint on fire until it was red hot and throw them on the linoleum in that class making huge super hot sparks fly...... she'd say "HEY!  Who's throwing fire back there."  Then the class would erupt with laughter.  Anyway, she'd be a bad person to have a gun because she was clueless about what her students were doing.  She also had a wig and a cane, we were mean assholes.  Certain students would take her cane  by having another student distract her, then they'd put it on top of the window blinds at the back of the class room where you couldn't really see it.... then bell would ring for lunch and everyone would empty out.

Her desk was situated in the corner of the room diagonally with her chair's back to the corner..... it was super easy for someone to sneak up there behind her in the corner without her knowing and just stand up there behind her mocking her the entire time she taught.  So fucking clueless that poor lady.  Definitely wouldn't want her having a weapon.

Of course heavy training would have to be completed and there'd have to be a huge lack of negligence with the weapons from the teacher's part.  Aka, don't leave it in your purse while you step out in to the hall for a moment to talk to another student.  - I've seen a whole lot of people who are doing open carry out here where you would be able to just walk and take their 45 acp and they wouldn't even notice. Major practice would be needed since even regular people who walk around with guns are unqualified....

I might be a bit late to this post, but hell, anyways. I think if it's only guard AND if it has a lot of proper training - then sure. Problem is there are only so many of those and have 2-3 for every school is unrealistic.
And yeah, like your old teacher - really gotta make sure that people who get those guns are proper people. Knowing how things done however, maybe it's still too early...

• Like 1

Update on voting: 

When I woke up I received a text message from this murderous lunatic reminding me to vote for him that day. In the message were a few pictures one of him with Newsome. Remember her?

609b30992b4d9.image.png.137248ad50df151b2533ad61af8769c2.png

Says he has her endorsement. Great.

Picture two is him posing with his "good friend" Dr. Alveda King and says he is happy to have her support. I get a good chuckle about the irony of it all and head off into the world. I wrap up with work for the day and head to my voting location. Upon pulling up on the scene, these jack offs are everywhere giving their last ditch effort to convert people. As I walk down the gauntlet to the front door of the church giving everyone the "hell no" drake picture pose like this:

Polish_20221112_234705171.png.133a45e2b397efbfcdc9b929df8dbaf0.png

I see this lunatics wife with a stack full of papers and we make eye contact. She throws her hands on her hips and says "Hey! Now there's a familiar face." To be honest I was a little taken aback that she remembered me and I started to feel bad for what I was about to do next. I had been thinking about this text message I got from them that woke me up at 8:56 am all damn day. So I politely slow my roll and bring up the message to her. She gets this big dumb smile on her face, she has no idea what's about to happen. I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm voting for her husband. I tell her that I'm a little confused by the message itself. She looks eager to explain it to me, and that's great cuz that's the whole set up is to get her engaged. I tell her I'm confused by the fact that Alveda King is in support of your husband given her Uncle's legacy. She looked confused and I reminded her that Dr Kings legacy was non violence. I then told her I couldn't remember what her husband's plan was for keeping the kids safe. I wanted to hear her say the thing out loud. I wanted to make her say "extreme violence" outloud. Alas she just smiled really big and told me to have a good day and good luck. I could tell the game was over and I wasn't going to get the satisfaction. Not as dumb as I thought she might be. 

Anyway, he lost.

• Props 1
  • LOL! 1