THE MERO THREAD

TheoHuxtable..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another one..

VS Baltimore party rap..

this is really exceptionally not good, he's a good sport for taking this on though.

he's so much funnier going off on dumber everyday shit (news, worldstar videos) instead of tryhard subculture blends.

confession: friends-of-friends are into the music portrayed and are fucking insufferable/ruined any value it might have had at any point ... so i'm biased.

He does not do well in front of a camera.

He also gets outshined in a major way when he shares the stage with that dude Desus.

His writing is still some of the funniest stuff I have ever read, and I think it's awesome that he's essentially making a living from his humor. But just because you're funny in one medium doesn't mean you're funny in all of them. People who can be hysterical in conversation might make atrocious stand up comedians.

Alright so a few people here are saying his videos aren't good... But if you look at the thumbs up/down on the vids, it's usually like 95% or higher in the "thumbs up."

Then he has nearly 20,000 Twitter followers... apparently many people think he's funny. Are you just saying everyone's buying in to hype?

I agree that Desus's brand of comedy is more quick-witted and clever but Mero is still funny and brings his own lane on that show. Mero's definitely superior at doing voice impersonations than Desus.

Alright so a few people here are saying his videos aren't good... But if you look at the thumbs up/down on the vids, it's usually like 95% or higher in the "thumbs up."

Then he has nearly 20,000 Twitter followers... apparently many people think he's funny. Are you just saying everyone's buying in to hype?

Just like record sales are a good indicator of the quality of the music, right?

C'mon, pal.

The common viewer/listener is a fucking moron.

This is why The Big Bang Theory is a hit.

His Twitter is funny at times.

His blog is funny.

But after seeing him IRL on video, the mystery is gone.

I imagined him to be like Ghostface.

In reality he is like an oreo trying to hard to identify with black culture when he really wants to be playing soccer.

sup with that shit i literally never watched this filth until recently and was absolutely beside myself how fucking stupid it is.

Mass appeal/lowest common denominator is how they get ratings and sell ads.

It's all numbers.

this shit is so fuckin gay, i love when he talks about how he's gonna blow up STFU.

*Edit: nytimes did an article on him i see, I'm growing more and more fascinated with how much crap gets read and more importantly respected online. the internet is a shit smear of garbage where everyone gets a wipe, stare to long at yer hand and apparently it can turn to silk.

Networking with people that know how to internet to get you more and more notoriety while also watering down your initial goodness to appeal to a larger audience. Shit is lame. Complex magazine is one large cool guy graffiti ad for generic hip hop bullshit.

• 1 year later...

I'm pretty sure there is another more up-to-date MERO thread, but oh well

Watching the BRONX episode of Parts Unknown and hearing Anthony Bourdain uttering the name "The Kid Mero"

I know dude has made it, or at least is closer to making it than most of us, but there was something about Bourdain saying his name that made it seem so real...

Good work, Mero.

• 1 month later...
I'm pretty sure there is another more up-to-date MERO thread, but oh well

Watching the BRONX episode of Parts Unknown and hearing Anthony Bourdain uttering the name "The Kid Mero"

I know dude has made it, or at least is closer to making it than most of us, but there was something about Bourdain saying his name that made it seem so real...

Good work, Mero.

I HAD THE SAME THOUGHT! It was a little surreal..

• 1 month later...

YOU EVER TRY TO RECOVER DRUGS FROM OFF THE FLOOR MY GUY? THAT SHIT IS WILD TEDIOUS. PICKING DRUGS UP OFF THE FLOOR SUCKS BECAUSE YOU CONCENTRATING OD HARD BUT THEN YOU STEP BACK FOR A SECOND AND YOU LIKE "I'M LITERALLY ON THE FLOOR SEARCHING FOR DRUG CRUMBS" AND YOUR WHOLE EXISTENCE BECOMES WILD PERFUNCTORY I HOPE I USED THAT IN THE CORRECT CONTEXT.

• 5 months later...