27 dead in elementary school shooting

Eyar

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Ronald Reagan was governor of CA he cut funding for all of the state mental hospitals, so unless you're bull goose loony or insured you can't get committed.

I think that there were also a lot new anti-psychotic drugs that hit the market around that time which along with the myth of the asylum moochers enabled the large scale shuttering of mental institutions.

I have never personally had any experience with institutions but if the difficulties with getting that level of care are comparable to getting in patient drug treatment which seems to be darn near impossible in the cases I have seen.

I for one think that there should be fully funded mental asylums but it seems our culture would prefer to address the issue via jails.

self defense is a basic human right that we are born with

No it's not. Rights are a fantasy that people like you think exist in the real world. You are not born with anything other than your own body. Everything else is made up by us and if you think there are objective rights intrinsic of being a human/animal then you're living in a fantasy world.

I heard a small school in Texas just passed a ruling for teachers to be able to carry to work legally.

http://kfyo.com/harrold-isd-superintendent-david-thweatt-defends-teachers-having-concealed-carry-on-school-campuses-audio/

The other thing that will start to come from these events is a lot of people being deterred from pursuing a career in education.

I had a couple of teachers that certainly seemed to me have mental health issued, add that to the very real possibility of a physical altercation between a student and a teacher and I am sure it would just be a matter of time before the brilliant idea of arming teachers backfired.

The only thing that will change is for the next couple of months people will assume you want to hear their stance on gun control,

even though it's the exact same stance they had before this went down.

I think it will shake things up a little more than that.

If there is ever to be a discussion about this it will almost have to happen now.

I bet the gun manufactures are stoked, I do not know but have to assume that events like this are really good for business.

I bet the gun manufactures are stoked, I do not know but have to assume that events like this are really good for business.

This support for guns is not just abstract: the FBI has logged a record 16.8 million background checks for gun purchases this year.

Read more: http://ideas.time.com/2012/12/17/viewpoint-if-we-want-gun-control-well-need-to-compromise/#ixzz2FLz4xjXm

Build props by reposting other peoples work in the burner thread. Ridiculous.

Anyway.

I still cannot believe you have 88 guns per 100 people in America. Most of the older farmers around me have guns, but that's to handle livestock situations. I wonder what the gun market is worth in the US. Probably a figure that would be scary for the US to do without at the moment.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/dianne-feinstein-assault-weapons-ban_n_2311477.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing6%7Cdl33%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D246468

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said Sunday that she plans to introduce an assault weapons ban bill on the first day of the new Congress.

"It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation and the possession, not retroactively, but prospectively," and ban the sale of clips of more than ten bullets, Feinstein said. "The purpose of this bill is to get... weapons of war off the streets."

welp, fuck. it had to be CA.

looks like i bought my lower just in time!

No one wants to admit that America is more or less fucked because that might actually force people to look at the situation objectively and do something about it, instead of argue about gun control or gay marriage or whatever red herring the media decides to run with.

exactly. theres a bigger change that needs to be made than a law here or there.

its the culture or mindset or whatever people wanna call it thats fucked up.