Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
masterpiece

HIP-HOP TRACKS VS. THEIR SAMPLES

Here's an idea: post a hip-hop track and the song it samples, and we reply and tell which of the two we prefer.

Try to pick a hip-hop track that samples enough of a song so that we'll be able to tell what the song is right away.

I'll start:

Hip-hop track:

Wiz Khalifa - "In the Cut"

http://youtu.be/c62-M-Ia8kQ

Sample:

Frou Frou - "Let Go"

The kids that work at the pool where I swim were listening to some of this "hip hop tracks" this morning. It very heavily sampled Curtis Mayfield and it reminded me of the tv show Top Chef, where like they re-imagine classics and use like nitrogen to fry chicken. A lot of the time it is better to show some respect for the ingredients and just fry some chicken.

Both the tracks you posted are kind of insulting to the listener who would take the time to give em a chance.

He's being real about the situation. He wasn't fronting about it. Its her choice to stay or not, she's a grown ass woman and she need to act like it. People need a reality check forreal

breh, there is very few rap songs that use samples from other rap songs...most samples used in rap songs are from throwback r&b songs

nah i'm not talking about rap songs that sample OTHER rap songs, just rap songs that sample any songs.

post the rap song, then the song it samples, and people say which of the two songs they prefer

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now