MEDIA WHORES?

john_gacy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That being said, I still think the photographer is full of shit. I also don't think the paper should have run that flick given the circumstances under which it was received, unless they changed the headline to something more along the line of Cowardly Post Pussy Allows Death for Front Page Photo.

chuck.gif

agree 100%, well maybe 98%. it doesn't bother me that they used the picture for the front page. i just think the title was too...direct. something like tragedy on the tracks or something along those lines would have worked just as well. and in all honesty this shit happens in ny all the time someone just got a picture this time.

tempted to find pic of guys head wedged between train and platform but don't want to see again.

I believe it was said somewhere that the conductor may have seen the flash but I don't know if that was confirmed. I've seen that Boston subway vid before and am amazed that the train was able to stop just short of flattening that chick. I haven't been to Boston in a long time,but in NYC those trains do seem to come in pretty fast and heavy as someone said. It's no stop on a dime action and I really don't think they're slowing up much until the end of the platform when they have to line the whole train up with markers over the platform as they stop.

Why do you care so much about this guy dying?

YOU GUYS ARE MISSING THE POINT. ITS NOT ABOUT THIS GUY DYING SPECIFICALLY, ITS ABOUT THIS PHOTOGRAPHER TAKING THIS PICTURE INSTEAD OF TRYING TO HELP THIS DUDE, AND THEN SAYING HE WAS ACTUALLY TRYING TO HELP THIS DUDE BY "SHOOTING HIS FLASH." I GET IT, YOURE A FREELANCE PHOTOGRAPHER, AND THAT IS QUITE A PHOTO, BUT SACK THE FUCK UP AND CALL IT WHAT IT IS. ITS THE FUCKING NY POST PEOPLE, ITS A TABLOID PAPER. PEOPLE SUCK, THIS PHOTOGRAPHER IS NO EXCEPTION, NEITHER IS THE DUDE WHO GOT KILLED. HE SUCKED TOO. DID HE DESERVE TO DIE? NO. BUT WHO DOES? FUCK YOU GUYS, LOVE CUS

I would like to think if my life was on the line I could get up and off the tracks. That being said lots of pictures are taken in crisis situations, so to say he is to blame means we gotta blame everybody who flicks ill shit. Now that being said, I don't think the picture should have been used without consent of the family of the dead dude. Imagine having that picture everywhere you look after your Pops, brother, uncle, yadayadayada is murdered...

Maybe NYC could adopt to the breaking system the Boston's system run at. The way that Boston train stopped was ridiculous fast, it didn't even slow down till the conductor saw them old fools waving and made it just in time..

Also someone said there was flicks of dudes head crushed? I thought it just hit him, there were reports of trying to revive him, I figured you'd have to have a head for that to happen

• Like 1

dont think a few bandaids would do much

probably only brought out the stethoscope to see if he was dead.

imagine, running down the steps with all her gear. seeing what just happened. "sigh" pulls out stethoscope all slowly and meanders over on a depressed "i hate my job" fashion. wishing it was her lodged im between the train and platform.

Pfffft, trauma noobs.,

There's a chance that dude in the pic is still alive. I can't remember all the details but people in between trains like that have lived until the train is pulled away from them. It's something along the lines of the train and platform acting as a tornicade and the person can at least be kept alive for a short while. Not long ago over here a dude was in a similar situation (maybe not as low as this cat up there) and we was kept alive long enough for his wife to be by his side. When they lifted the train of with air bags he died. Had something to do with....., don't quote me on this, the particular gasses that are released by dead blood cells in to the system after crushing overwhelms the system and you die. Of course longer term, the mangulated guts, blood loss and such will get ya but this was the way it was explained by some trauma bloke out here when the situation arose.

Pfffft, trauma noobs.,

There's a chance that dude in the pic is still alive. I can't remember all the details but people in between trains like that have lived until the train is pulled away from them. It's something along the lines of the train and platform acting as a tornicade and the person can at least be kept alive for a short while. Not long ago over here a dude was in a similar situation (maybe not as low as this cat up there) and we was kept alive long enough for his wife to be by his side. When they lifted the train of with air bags he died. Had something to do with....., don't quote me on this, the particular gasses that are released by dead blood cells in to the system after crushing overwhelms the system and you die. Of course longer term, the mangulated guts, blood loss and such will get ya but this was the way it was explained by some trauma bloke out here when the situation arose.

Why do you care so much about these guys dying?