Beards, Moustaches & General Facial Hair.

Fist 666

Yes. I said facial.

So who has it?

Who hates it?

This is the first time in my life that I've been able to go more than 2 weeks without shaving. Its been 7 weeks and I'm not sold on it yet. I'm into not shaving, though. I'm growing a standard natural goatee. With my shaved head and glasses I look very Breaking Bad.

I have friends that are barbers and competitors in this stuff

http://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/

i-2c91d1b757096dd0e351492b49647771-NedKelly.jpeg

hemingway460.jpg

beard.jpg

samlebowski.jpg

whoa, almost forgot these

big22.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have never seen my dad without a brutal mustache. dude has steadily rocked one since the mid 70s without getting rid of it, so i think it' about as much of a part of him as any other body part. i think that's cool.

on the other hand, i can't stand my facial hair. my girl likes it but i think it looks like shit. clean shaven feels the best to me, and shaving should be ritualistic for a man. just like going to the barber (NOT a fucking salon) or cleaning your guns.

I grew a pretty bitchin mustache for Movember to do with some guys at work.

I think I'm going to keep it now, in a non ironic hipster kind of way. I didn't get to see my dad without a stache until I was 16 or 17, thinking of forcing that same thing on my daughter.

I should also say, that due to my line of work I'm not allowed to have any facial hair below the bottom of my top lip. So it's mustache or nothing, can't even have sideburns much past my ear lobe.

always have some...I like straight shaving but my razor is dull as fuuu so I really have been avoiding shaving lately.

always have facial hair of some description and I feel like I look weird without it.

I definitely want to grow a one year monster. The womenz would not be partial to this however.

Last time I shaved was my wedding day in '04.

I lived in the northeast and it got cold as shit in the winter. Spend enough time outside and you'll grow a beard by default and out of necessity/pragmatism.

People who make a big deal out of it are either hipsters or bound to shave as soon as someone they think is cool tells them beards are "out" now.

This is the first time in my life that I've been able to go more than 2 weeks without shaving.

When I gained my freedom I went full beard. My work bitched about "maintaining a professional appearance" so I went to the long goat, then I had to shave for respirator purposes for a couple months but now I stay fully bearded. Currently my beard is recovering from a forced trim resulting from a combination of charcoal, lighter fluid and rum induced poor judgment.

I'm lucky where the wifey is concerned, she loves the full, long beard. She calls it her "man-handle", she almost cried when she saw the devastation.

I have had a beard for about 5 years. The curse of the 5:00 shadow is why I grew mine in the first place. If I shaved right now I would have a 5:00 shadow by lunch tomorrow. It's a blessing and a curse. The longest I've let it go is 6 months without trimming the length and it was touching my chest. Made me look like a well dressed homeless man.

But the ladies do indeed love it. I even got a bearded lady tattoo on my arm with "mom" underneith to fuck with peoples. (mum says she hates it but secretly loves it)

At it's most luxurious that rowdy beast would hold 4 animal crackers in it no problem. As soon as you tried to stash that 5th one in there they would all fall out. I'm trying to get the nerve up to go for the one year monster. We shall see.

• Like 1