Help a nurga out with 5 minutes?

Keepitrail

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yknow, looking through those photos made me think of chris mccandless.

KIR if you haven't read Into the Wild you should.

also i did 8383 miles in 12 days. your way is better though.. you got to see and do a lot more. nice montage and captions.

we were short on time because i had my job to get back to, and no way.. your imagination must be limited, because we absolutely got out of the car a lot.

we visited a raft of national parks and we couldn't have done any hiking anyway because i had the dogs with us. ..so after that trip i've seen quite a lot including the badlands, mount rushmore, crazy horse/black hills, devil's tower, the center of the US, yosemite, yellowstone, tetons, sequoia, glacier natl park, death valley, the grand canyon, hoover dam, and completed having been to all 50 states. i know i'm leaving a ton of shit out like the various roadside diners we went to, the cities i ate pizza in i'd never been to before, seeing where my man's family came from in Fargo.. the people we met along the way etc etc. ..looking back i'm flooded with memories of things we saw and did.

you can miss a lot on planes. not so much on road trips.. or you aren't doing it right.

yknow, looking through those photos made me think of chris mccandless.

KIR if you haven't read Into the Wild you should.

also i did 8383 miles in 12 days. your way is better though.. you got to see and do a lot more. nice montage and captions.

Oh yes, i've read many times. I was in Whitefish, MT when I picked up a copy from the library to re read, and realized that Whitefish was the last place he sent a postcard from until he was in Alaska. Also I worked in wheat fields on combines really close to North Dakota which was funny to read as he had too.

Oh and I just got out of jail in Chamois, MO.

SOmehow they seent me and sent a sherriff after me. I woke up to a big burly man standing over me sayin "Son, I don't reckon you got a ticket for this train, do ya."

So, 24 hours in the county jail later.

They just released me about an hour ago. walked down to the library to check out maps. Hoping to hitch-hike or walk to St. Louis. It's only 30 or 40 miles I think. But I"ve only got $17.05 left. Fucking forgot my wallet in Oakland. And my jacket. And my smokes. And my weed. But on the latter, probably a good thing considering I got searched.

Sorry for not responding individually, the library closes in like 10 minutes so I gotta make it short.

Lots of very interesting people along the way so far!

Thanks everyone for sharing the story, I know it's a bit short, but after 75 pictures it starts to bug out. And you can only put in a certain number of little texts. So, not exactly the forum I'd like to use for this kind of trip, but hell, if I win that $500 maybe it'll pay for my court costs hahahaha....

thanks again everyone.

• Like 1

Here's a few real quickies

IMG_0955.jpg

???Somewhere in Cali

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

Travel partner, drug smuggler, dog courier, and a well of information.

IMG_0969.jpg

Great Salt Lake - cut through the middle of the big salty bastard

IMG_0989.jpg

God Damn OKIES!

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

Hiding out in the Engine Room while we passed through a hub in Utah. Fucking spent two dollars on a forty and it's 2.5% Alcohol. What the fuck!! Bahhhh.

Specail thanks to seeking, xen, Nightmare, Lewis&Clark, BloodyWishes, decypheron, BOATS, fist666, lies, KARLhungus, rollingnowhere, any2, edogg, inkface, blank, CALIgula, vanfull, crooked, BELTOLEUM, Iron Chef, and everyone who's been so fucking legit it's inconceivable, I'm writing this on the fly with my internet time running out, sorry if I left you out you are all cool as fuck. hope to see you all one day, and those I have so far, I hope to see again.

And if you hooligans helps me to win some dough, send a PM and I'll be sending you a package. BET.

i got special thanks. how could i say no?

we were short on time because i had my job to get back to, and no way.. your imagination must be limited, because we absolutely got out of the car a lot.

we visited a raft of national parks and we couldn't have done any hiking anyway because i had the dogs with us. ..so after that trip i've seen quite a lot including the badlands, mount rushmore, crazy horse/black hills, devil's tower, the center of the US, yosemite, yellowstone, tetons, sequoia, glacier natl park, death valley, the grand canyon, hoover dam, and completed having been to all 50 states. i know i'm leaving a ton of shit out like the various roadside diners we went to, the cities i ate pizza in i'd never been to before, seeing where my man's family came from in Fargo.. the people we met along the way etc etc. ..looking back i'm flooded with memories of things we saw and did.

you can miss a lot on planes. not so much on road trips.. or you aren't doing it right.

yeah but in 12 days you listed ~13 great things to do, that averages out to less than a day in each spot. you basically window shopped all of the places that should take a lot more time to properly see. considering the driving time to complete 8,000ish miles, i'm not so sure that it takes much imagination to think that you had a pretty rushed trip.

the worst part about having my friends backpacking with me was that we were constricted by time and bookings--we always had somewhere to be going next, we couldn't spend more time in the great places and less time in the shitty ones.

now, i get to do what i want. i got bored of germany one day so i packed my shit and came to poland. i work in a hostel--that's probably why i'm predisposed to viewing the people doing one country every one/two/three days as part of their "trip" as people who are really missing out.

different strokes for different blokes, or something, i personally would have felt that i saw more if i camped in maybe two--at a stretch, three--national parks for the whole time whilst doing some of the other shit.

jeesus christ. i'm not ruining KIR's thread listing everything amazing that happened on that trip.

i see you got bored in germany. well why didn't you spend a year there? i'm sure you couldn't have possibly done all there was to do. plan your own trips and step the fuck offa mine fool.

• Like 1