SIME & TOTEM2 CANVAS WORK

steadycreepin

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You know, I never really fell for the whole 3D phenomenon. And it's probably because I can't do it. But for the most part, I'm just not impressed. That is until I saw what Totem2 was doing with it. Maybe it's the shape of his pieces... or the style of his letters. Maybe it's the content. I don't know.

I do know that I love the way he makes it all seem so soft. As if it were attainable. Meaning... his work comes across as more than just 3D. It's real.

This is the first time I've seen his work on canvas. I love the one with the huge number 2 in it. Thanks for sharing these images...

And keep giving us great works, Totem2.

------------------

jokerihubaTranscend

Guest NEVER NMH
Originally posted by drewWrite:

i like sime

yeah i did a post dedicated to him not too long ago im sure you can find it on here still. mos def check it out has those canvas' and lots more.

i spotted what looked like a kem and totem freight the other day...i couldnt tell because it was up against a wall and i couldnt get a flick either =(..but it said kem and totem in the letters

Guest WebsterUno

Yeah TOTEM2 and DEPHECT got the joints when

it comes to 3D. I once saw a underwater

scene done by TOTEM2, PURE, GES, and KEM

that was off the heezay! Depehcts artwork

is just sickmade. aiight! http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//eek.gif'>

[This message has been edited by WebsterUno (edited 07-03-2001).]

Guest drewWrite
Originally posted by buffalostance:

translated into american...yo totems ish is mo bangin son ...word......

i love totems stuff, don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorite writers, i just judge people's letter shapes regardless of whether it's 2d or 3d. sime is more tight, hands down. 3d style often lacks imtricate letter formation, but i give him respect because totem pushes the technicality further than most other 3d people, but it doesn't compare to sime's technicality. i really dig the way totem bombs, i've never seen sime's bombing, so i like totem more as a "writer" cuz i think bombing is more important than just having good style. word

Guest MR PACO SANCHO

C:America Online 6.0downloadgangster_firing_wildly_md_clr[1].gif'> IS THIS A BATTLE OF WITCH ART SCHOOL IS BETTER?

Originally posted by drewWrite:

3d style often lacks imtricate letter formation, but i give him respect because totem pushes the technicality further than most other 3d people.

This point is agreed...problem is alot of people seem to dismiss 3D instantly because it “looks like daim” or it all looks the same...to me 3D is in it's infant stage, nobody except a few seem to be pushing it in other ways beside hard edge cube looking or mechanical letters, why not?...it could be used in so many ways...a 3D piece is impressive technically, but usually has no flow or feeling...graff is about flow, and i can't see why letter flow should be sacrificed for a technique....i'm trying to use it, because i see people like Dephect and Totem and a few Sydney people, using it successfully, granted my style only uses hints of 3d cos i have'nt grasped it's full potential yet...blahblah...whatever, point being more people should have a go at it and move it forward...it could be bigger than arrows....=}

[This message has been edited by buffalostance (edited 07-04-2001).]

This point is agreed...problem is alot of people seem to dismiss 3D instantly because it “looks like daim” or it all looks the same...to me 3D is in it's infant stage, nobody except a few seem to be pushing it in other ways beside hard edge cube looking or mechanical letters, why not?...it could be used in so many ways...a 3D piece is impressive technically, but usually has no flow or feeling...graff is about flow, and i can't see why letter flow should be sacrificed for a technique....i'm trying to use it, because i see people like Dephect and Totem and a few Sydney people, using it successfully, granted my style only uses hints of 3d cos i have'nt grasped it's full potential yet...blahblah...whatever, point being more people should have a go at it and move it forward...it could be bigger than arrows....=}

pictures speak louder than words, so i'll put my case forward, with something i have already scanned in...(sorry it's a sketch, but for argument's sake)

I agree 100% thats what i was trying to get at with my post "the break down of daim" but kids took it the wrong way

totem 2 is fuckin ill, hes right up there on my top 10 if not 5 list, sime is ill as well but im not feelin the letters no disrespect hes mad good, better then i am, but hey thats just my opinion

------------------

Di Stile Tecnica Prima

I know that sime and totem 2 is the joint but if yall lookin for 3d bangin joints....in va we got ENVY, REI, HKS, METAL, ELK just kills everybody in the 3d department.....that's my opinion.....and sime is mad phat too....i stole his roller

Guest NEVER NMH

yo dont act like i was jackin without givin props steady creepin..i gave lay-lo thanks and talked to mayor campbell and what not..its just the sime pic supply is running dry online..sorry. later

Archived