Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
steadycreepin

SIME & TOTEM2 CANVAS WORK

talented pair of cats....i'm rating totem a tad higher but i'd give them both equal props.

For curiosity sake what sort of price would they go for if they were to be sold?.

Guest drewWrite
Originally posted by buffalostance:

i'm rating totem a tad higher

huh??????

Originally posted by drewWrite:

huh??????

translated into american...yo totems ish is mo bangin son ...word......

[This message has been edited by buffalostance (edited 07-03-2001).]

You know, I never really fell for the whole 3D phenomenon. And it's probably because I can't do it. But for the most part, I'm just not impressed. That is until I saw what Totem2 was doing with it. Maybe it's the shape of his pieces... or the style of his letters. Maybe it's the content. I don't know.

I do know that I love the way he makes it all seem so soft. As if it were attainable. Meaning... his work comes across as more than just 3D. It's real.

This is the first time I've seen his work on canvas. I love the one with the huge number 2 in it. Thanks for sharing these images...

And keep giving us great works, Totem2.

------------------

jokerihubaTranscend

totem just makes every thing in his work come alive, thats the aspect i love about his work.

Guest NEVER NMH

i like sime

yeah i did a post dedicated to him not too long ago im sure you can find it on here still. mos def check it out has those canvas' and lots more.

i spotted what looked like a kem and totem freight the other day...i couldnt tell because it was up against a wall and i couldnt get a flick either =(..but it said kem and totem in the letters

Guest WebsterUno

Yeah TOTEM2 and DEPHECT got the joints when

it comes to 3D. I once saw a underwater

scene done by TOTEM2, PURE, GES, and KEM

that was off the heezay! Depehcts artwork

is just sickmade. aiight! http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//eek.gif'>

[This message has been edited by WebsterUno (edited 07-03-2001).]

Guest drewWrite
Originally posted by buffalostance:

translated into american...yo totems ish is mo bangin son ...word......

i love totems stuff, don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorite writers, i just judge people's letter shapes regardless of whether it's 2d or 3d. sime is more tight, hands down. 3d style often lacks imtricate letter formation, but i give him respect because totem pushes the technicality further than most other 3d people, but it doesn't compare to sime's technicality. i really dig the way totem bombs, i've never seen sime's bombing, so i like totem more as a "writer" cuz i think bombing is more important than just having good style. word

Guest MR PACO SANCHO

C:America Online 6.0downloadgangster_firing_wildly_md_clr[1].gif'> IS THIS A BATTLE OF WITCH ART SCHOOL IS BETTER?

3d style often lacks imtricate letter formation, but i give him respect because totem pushes the technicality further than most other 3d people.

This point is agreed...problem is alot of people seem to dismiss 3D instantly because it “looks like daim” or it all looks the same...to me 3D is in it's infant stage, nobody except a few seem to be pushing it in other ways beside hard edge cube looking or mechanical letters, why not?...it could be used in so many ways...a 3D piece is impressive technically, but usually has no flow or feeling...graff is about flow, and i can't see why letter flow should be sacrificed for a technique....i'm trying to use it, because i see people like Dephect and Totem and a few Sydney people, using it successfully, granted my style only uses hints of 3d cos i have'nt grasped it's full potential yet...blahblah...whatever, point being more people should have a go at it and move it forward...it could be bigger than arrows....=}

[This message has been edited by buffalostance (edited 07-04-2001).]

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this