Got my paint snatched by the LAWW

PANiC978

Yo whats good 12OZ ppl this my first thread and post, so excuse me if this is in the wrong section or already have a thread for, didn't see 1... So the other night I went out bombing with a fully loaded bag of rustoleum paint cans... I was on my bike, drove to the city and parked, then was gonna bike around to bomb... 11:30 Just grabbed my bike from my car.... 11:33 I am being searched by a cop... I was told someone called in saying I was breaking into cars and stole this bike... It ended up getting resolved since it was my bike but they took all my paint.. I had about 10 cans only two had even been sprayed... They were looking for tags on me papers ect.... They couldn't find anything... I told them I was an artist and was going to my friends house to paint in his basement... BTW i'm 19 years old I purchased the paint... The cops ended up taking away my paint which I thought was bl=ullshit since i'm of age and they had no proof I was causing vandalism... I guess my question is have any of you been through something similar? I just feel like they had no right taking my paint from me.... Let me know also lmk what I should do differently next time...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you need to read and understand the following:

there's about an hour of video there. watch it all.

the magic response as soon as a police car and you got told that bullshit "someone called in saying I was breaking into cars and stole this bike" was to politely respond:

"i'm sorry to hear that officer, i am (alibi - you said you were going to your friends house). Have a safe night."

When pressed about getting searched,

"Sorry officer, I know you're just trying to do your job but I don't consent to any searches. Am I free to go?"

NEVER consent to a police search!!!!

Depending on where you live, the charge of "possession of graffiti instruments" could be a charge. where i live, it's a misdemeanor offense. If you werent charged for the paint possession, i think you got lucky, actually.

losing your cans? charge it to the game, you're not getting them back. learn from your mistakes.

they did not have a right to take your paint.

but you weren't smart enough to be able to talk your way out of it.

you having your rights violated by the police is besides the point. that is their job.

considering the fact that you were obviously parking in an area where the neighbors watch out for people like you... thats where you fucked up first. be smart enough about parking or dont take a car period.

second.. if you are carrying supplies that could be used for graffiti, be smart enough to have a legit reason why. you can be slick talking and work it out. or you can have physical evidence stating why you have those materials. or both.

if you are gonna roll with that stuff then having a story like being an art student (have a school ID) or owning a painting business.. is a key part of staying out of trouble. if you wanna go even further.. you could have supporting evidence to make your possession reasonable, and logical. it is really not that hard to manage. have a folio with some fully legit work in it. have a business card. have masking tape. you get the idea.

dont be an idiot. I am not saying you are but use your brain. if you are in an area that gets painted a lot... dont be parking near peoples residences and leaving your car. just try thinking of your behavior from the perspective of an 80 year old person. have they ever seen your car? No. Are they afraid of criminals (like you)? Yes.

they did not have a right to take your paint.

but you weren't smart enough to be able to talk your way out of it.

you having your rights violated by the police is besides the point. that is their job.

considering the fact that you were obviously parking in an area where the neighbors watch out for people like you... thats where you fucked up first. be smart enough about parking or dont take a car period.

second.. if you are carrying supplies that could be used for graffiti, be smart enough to have a legit reason why. you can be slick talking and work it out. or you can have physical evidence stating why you have those materials. or both.

if you are gonna roll with that stuff then having a story like being an art student (have a school ID) or owning a painting business.. is a key part of staying out of trouble. if you wanna go even further.. you could have supporting evidence to make your possession reasonable, and logical. it is really not that hard to manage. have a folio with some fully legit work in it. have a business card. have masking tape. you get the idea.

dont be an idiot. I am not saying you are but use your brain. if you are in an area that gets painted a lot... dont be parking near peoples residences and leaving your car. just try thinking of your behavior from the perspective of an 80 year old person. have they ever seen your car? No. Are they afraid of criminals (like you)? Yes.

k I want to start off by saying, I would never consent to a search.... I have been arrested numerous times and gotten multiple cases dismissed because of how I dealt with the search. In this case I didn't consent to the search but I was still searched... This wasn't my point my point was, I got charged with nothing, and they still took my paint. They had no evidence other than my paint I was doing graffiti. I see what your saying about where I parked but come on, I didn't think I was gonna be accused of stealing my own bike! I told the officer I was painting my bicycle frame and more frames at my friends house... Their was a fresh coat of paint on my bicycle. I don't have a student I.D, business card? you guys really walk around with all this shit when you go out bombing.... Its a good aidea but hardly practical... I do consider the elderly perspective but again I didn't too anything illegal in front of any people I was falsely accused... Idk what I got different feedback than expected possibly because i'm new too the site... Just kinda pissed I lost 40$ worth of paint supplies..

• 1 month later...

Waaaaaaaaghhh! Did the mean old policeman take the widdle baby's paint away? Awww, I'm sorry! Isums nappy all full now? Maybe when you grow up to be a big boy and know not to go around defacing people's property you'll understand.

19 years old, eh? And acting like a toddler with a box of markers scribbling on anything and everything within reach. Funny thing is, if painting the sides of buildings were YOUR JOB you'd shit your pants and quit before the week was up. Loser.

they can't confiscate your paint, sounds like you got played, UNLESS you live in an area where it is illegal to be out and about with spray paint on you, i.e. new york where i think its a misdemeanor just to carry that shit around. im not sure 100% but that could also be going on.

anyways, like whoever above me already said, you should be more aware of where you are parking, and how you look. if you are a sketchy looking kid running around town at 1 in the morning, you are gonna get stopped like that alot. or jumped and robbed.. either way. know where you're at and act/dress appropriately. AND FOR GODS SAKE DON'T LET THEM SEARCH YOUR BAG. not that saying "i don't consent" will lead to anything other than you having a prolonged detention, 5 more squad cars and getting searched and violated anyways.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm actually still bombing 3 nights a week, a lot of you are some egotistical assholes on here tbh. Maybe my story sounded child like. Which my have attracted children too this thread???? No where did I say I even had markers. Toshio idk why I'm giving you the time of day but you couldn't walk a fucking city block in my shoes you fucking miscreant. Get over yourselves...