Dodgeball

CILONE/SK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This is awesome, you should totally do this. Not just do it, take it to some whole other level and dominate that fucking league. We don't have dodgeball here but if we did, I'd be all about it.

Will there be a kit? Do you get to have your own kit? Will you put a unicorn on it? How many on a team? Is it called a team? Will you get to name said team? If so, what will you name your team? Can we choose the team name?

• Like 1

We don't have dodgeball over here, but I have played basketball my whole life and still have a local league team (Designated Drinkers). Organised sport of any form is a positive thing to be a part of. It's a great release for exactly the friend you're describing, I have three of them in my team - house bound by children and wife - and Thursday night games are something we all look forward to all week.

Dodgeball looks like it would be fun though. Might have to have a crack at it. Everyone is all about Ultimate Frisbee around here at the moment.

Wow. I do go on.

I never thought I would ever be in a dodgeball league, but somehow, due to me being mister nice guy, I am.

A friend of mine, that I have known for quite a few years invited me. I normally would say no, but...

1: I have known this guy for a long time (still not a 100% selling point)

2: his wife does not let him do many things and busts his balls when he does

3: his oldest kid (7-8) is satan reborn and makes his life hell when ever he goes out to any place, whether it be stores other houses, parks, he goes apeshit without exception

4: dude is at his limit and looking for a outlet

5: He lives a block or two from me and when he retired from the Army, he wanted to live near friends. He had no other reason to move here, except for me and my family

So, I sort of feel obligated to do this for him, because if I said no, he would have one more thing that he can not do.

I just cannot get past the fact that it is dodgeball and I associate that with retards and ben stiller.

Am I looking at this wrong and dodgeball is an ok thing to play? I already told him that if it is filled with a bunch of dorks, I am giving them all the finger and rolling out.

BTW, I am not really into sports or competitive things like that.

His wife sounds like a cunt.

If that was my kid I'd beat the shit out of him.

Your friend sounds like he is on the verge of suicide if he doesn't join this league. You're a good friend for doing it. I would love to join a league and fuck shit up.

be the man.

dodgeball is fun .. .we played as a work social one time and i missed someone and the ball pegged this one girl i work with in the face. shes sweet and didnt deserve it at all and had to sit the rest of the game out.

... and it was awesome. she dropped like a rock. that sound of red rubber dodgeball on face is one not soon forgotten

Sounds like it could be fun and it is one of those things for a homie, yo so it and just enjoy it. It could be worse he could have asked you to go to his AA meetings with him or said will you start playing tennis with me saturday mornings. Wait I could see the you and him playing tennis vs strippers saturday mornings being a good thing, you should maybe ask him about it. It sounds like his wife sucks, and his kid is proof abortion should be legal up until the age of 18.

Fuck dodgeball tennis with strippers

article-2165045-13CBF2C8000005DC-815_634x936.jpg

a few of my friends were in a league for a couple years a while back, i filled in for one or two of their games and all i can say is don't underestimate the fat dudes you might play against. all that body mass has them throwing a dodgeball (not foam) at like 30mph. fuck.

at least your friend wants you to do something cool. if the league is a bunch of chumps then there's all the more reason to take out your aggression

do it for your friend man. it seems a small sacrifice to make. plus i'm pretty sure you could both get drunk before you do it and be fine.

the only people i know that are in leagues are super hipster dudes and socially awkward types. i'd consider if there was a bunch of hot ass playing in a coed league.

edit. good man. you're really exemplifying your army values.

YES! get drunk and throw shit at hipsters! how could this fail!

BTW, I am not really into sports or competitive things like that.

nice guy CILONE

dodgeball isn't a sport. even when it gained recognition, It only made ESPN the OCHO... IN A MOVIE

i consider this about the same as disc golf. something to do.

just drink before the game. or during. maybe make a game out of it, whoever spills their beer is out.

you sound like someone who doesnt know how to have fun. and it looks like you're friends with this guy because you're a pushover. im not doing a psyche evaluation, but thats probably why you enlisted.

/2cents cuz u asked for it