Dodgeball

CILONE/SK

I never thought I would ever be in a dodgeball league, but somehow, due to me being mister nice guy, I am.

A friend of mine, that I have known for quite a few years invited me. I normally would say no, but...

1: I have known this guy for a long time (still not a 100% selling point)

2: his wife does not let him do many things and busts his balls when he does

3: his oldest kid (7-8) is satan reborn and makes his life hell when ever he goes out to any place, whether it be stores other houses, parks, he goes apeshit without exception

4: dude is at his limit and looking for a outlet

5: He lives a block or two from me and when he retired from the Army, he wanted to live near friends. He had no other reason to move here, except for me and my family

So, I sort of feel obligated to do this for him, because if I said no, he would have one more thing that he can not do.

I just cannot get past the fact that it is dodgeball and I associate that with retards and ben stiller.

Am I looking at this wrong and dodgeball is an ok thing to play? I already told him that if it is filled with a bunch of dorks, I am giving them all the finger and rolling out.

BTW, I am not really into sports or competitive things like that.

louisa-may-youngbusty-big-tits.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So I am doing it. He is forming a team, which might end up being just me and him and at least two other people who the league gives us because there has to be at least 4 people (2 girls and 2 guys).

It starts in January. I will post about it when it happens. Pics if I can manage to take some, but I will be playing.

do it for your friend man. it seems a small sacrifice to make. plus i'm pretty sure you could both get drunk before you do it and be fine.

the only people i know that are in leagues are super hipster dudes and socially awkward types. i'd consider if there was a bunch of hot ass playing in a coed league.

edit. good man. you're really exemplifying your army values.

Fist, I think you should visit for a month, just to play some games.

I have been thinking about the drunk thing, but I might actually get to rowdy. People are not really aggressive in this area. I am a generally loud person and when i start telling a story at the bar or a party, I have noticed people look at me scared because most people are alot more mellow then I am. Also, I have found that I enjoy giving the finger to people when i drive and also, drifting into their lanes when they are going to slow in the left lane. I guess that is looked down upon in this area. :confused: My aggressiveness (which I do not really think is out of the norm in most areas) is definitely out of the norm here and drinking while doing that will probably get me to knock some dude out, because he is annoying me.

i don't understand how you go through that thought process and reach the conclusion of "i should not drink." i read that argument and think, "damn, drinking is going to make us champions to be feared."

the only thing i know about your area is that there is a lot of white power shit there.

Normally I would think the same thing, lets get drunk and just kill this dodgeball thing for all ages. Some "they are going to talk about this years from now" type of thing. But they are not like that here. It is hard to explain, but people here are just different.

Me and my wife went to a going away party for this person I work with this Friday. I was the only one there from my work after a few hours and the rest of the people there had nothing to do with what me and her do (local people). My wife got into a heated decision with someone about Chicago (where she is from) and Wisconsin football. I personally could not care less. It was a normal conversation I thought, just with alot of shit talking. She did tell them that she would surprise tackle them when they are walking down the street and she also said that our middle child is scrappy and she was going to actually throw her at him (I laughed). At the same time I was telling the another guy how his local radio station (He owns it) play pussy ass music and he should step up his game. At a pause in the conversation, I looked behind me and the whole party was silent and staring at me and her. Kind of awkward, but I rolled with it. They just are not use to people being aggressive. At some level I think I want to just amp up my game and go all out on them, but then I remember that I am trying to build a foundation because I plan on living here awhile.

I have never seen people like this. Chill is a word that describes them fully.

BTW that white power stuff is primarily up north, but recently a oontzer came through here and me and him walked thru the Saturday market downtown. He is slight darker (not really sure what he is, nor do I care). I did see him getting some looks from some people, but not sure if he noticed.

ha.

i kind of feel that way about my new city.

tacoma was a pretty gritty place and i never caught a mean/scared/whatever look. today i'm wearing a zeke pentagram shirt and have caught parents holding their kids closer and old ladies clutching their purses and getting a lot of once-overs.

its weird.

i think the NW has thicker skin than here.