Fuck the Police

McLovin

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

This 1918 Communist propaganda poster from the Russian civil war serves as yet another reminder that tyrannical regimes throughout history have always sought to disarm their populations through gun control.

The poster shows Russian citizens turning in their rifles, handguns and even swords as a communist soldier looms over them with the words, “Comrades, turn in your weapons” appearing in front of a hammer and sickle inside a red star.

220213poster.jpg

derp

mucq5v.jpg

Really old episodes of COPIGZ rule. There's this one from some early season, I would venture 1-3, where this dude robs a Walmart and goes insane trying to get away and hits a bunch of people in his van.

Once his engine dies they bum rush him and drag him out by the hair while openly beating him with batons.

The pre-Rodney King era, I weep for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Really old episodes of COPIGZ rule.

my girl has gotten into downloading/watching these recently.

personaly i dont like watching shows where people are getting arrested creeps me out n obviously the states is muich more tough on crime esoecially drug crime especially, in some states, weed crime as opposed to canada but i remember years n years ago watching an episode based out of atlanta where they set up this fucking sting where they were arresting dudes buying, -not selling- DIME BAGS OF WEED.

i was shocked this kind of thing went on.

cop posing as dime bag dealer, in the hood no less, offering 10dollar bags of weed and arresting anyone that said sure.

unreal.

Yeah, I like the show (whatever, DAO) but I can't handle drug stings. It's...uncomfortable...to watch some enormous Floridian piece of shit in full body armor throwing down a dude by his neck for buying 30 dollars worth of weed or a couple pills and "resisting" because he basically didn't handcuff himself.

The southern US is the worst for that type of thing, both on COPIGZ and in real life.

I just want to see some guy get tased 6 times for being on PCP and punching a cop, or flipping his car because he drove like an idiot actually thinking that it's possible to outrun the police in a car in this day and age.

word hallucination.. bring him a donut & observe his reaction. would he be offended? or is he so daft as to think that its an actual gesture of respect with no sarcasm involved?

man, theres somewhat recent episodes where they get 1 hit of crack off some dude with no priors & the pigs gruff, going - "yep, its a good thing we got that off the street". deluional oinking

as for entrapment, i feel like that whole things been gone out the window for a while now.. arguable in court if youre some rich & famous douche (where your legal troubles wouldnt actually be troublesome anyway).. otherwise, good luck with trying to argue that you were wrongfully set up

• 3 weeks later...

Cops Ineptly Pretending to Be Punk Rockers on the Internet

As anyone who's watched a single crime story on TV or film knows, undercover detective work is dangerous business. There inevitably comes a moment when the crime boss gets suspicious. Scary, sure, but at least police officers have a working knowledge of the rules of the crime game. They've trained their whole lives to pull off this deception.

Passing yourself off as a credible music scenester, on the other hand, is an order of magnitude more difficult. Never mind drug lords—no one can identify a poseur more quickly than a hipster; sniffing out fakes is essentially the entire job description. That's what Boston police are finding out as their bungling efforts to infiltrate the underground rock scene online are being exposed.

A recently passed nuisance control ordinance has spurred a citywide crackdown on house shows—concerts played in private homes, rather than in clubs. The police, it appears, are taking a particularly modern approach to address the issue: They're posing as music fans online to ferret out intel on where these DIY shows are going to take place. While police departments have been using social media to investigate for years, its use in such seemingly trivial crimes would be rather chilling, if these efforts didn’t seem so laughably inept. It's a law enforcement technique seemingly cribbed from MTV’s Catfish—but instead of creating a fake persona to ensnare the marks in a romantic internet scam, it's music fandom that's being feigned.