it's been awhile, bitches

AORAone

Fist I was in kandahar, then we rolled out to Maywand district and set up FOB Ramrod (yeah, worst name ever, i know). Only did the one deployment but I hear they're trying to turn it into a super fob? No idea. It was pretty bummy, Sitting on a humongous Birm for a few weeks while the engineers filled Hesco barrier wall a few square football fields. Fun times man.

Thanks Walid, yeah, I took that picture because it happened all the time, but that was the closest a barefoot kid wandered to our convey. No parents around, no other kids, no shoes, nothing. It reminded me of my kids back home, and how even the small shit we take for granted. That place is a mess, and nobody going in their fucking their shit up is going to fix it, not in a hundred years.

Edit* here's a shot of this monster Birm.

uQt5r.jpg

HpKGB.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I for one prefer that old world hashish over this madness here in the states with bubble and all. When I was in Morocco it was explained to me that bud was for the young men only and that the older smoked hash as it is more mellow, which makes sense to me. As someone who does not really smoke, that bud today is too much, give a guy the heebie jeebies.

First time I ever checked out instagram.

While I do not remember you, welcome back.

I also took a break from posting when I went to Afghanistan (I was in Patika province) and also Iraq.

The oontz is slow, but still better then most other places I have seen. Alot of people have changed their names a few years ago when Raven came thru. I still am not sure of who is who.

Yeah I changed my name during that madness, too. I don't even really see any mods around or anything either, Though I haven't checked the roster or anything. I'm still not sure who's who myself. Morton I've never heard that explanation but it seems legit. I haven't smoked since before my kids were born. Anybody else can't wait for the new episode of walking dead tonight? It's the only tv I've watched in about 10 years. Shits getting interesting!

actually a lot of the pics I have I could prob get in shit for posting, I have a top secret security clearance and all, but I wouldn't ever show them. I'll upload some more tonight after walking dead. The military never gave much of a shit about taking photos, just so long as nothing in the photo would compromise operational security. For example, taking pictures inside the TOC (tactical operation center) was probably a bad idea, there is surveillance maps, routes, coordinates and high profile target photos. Those aren't something they want getting out. I have a video of a daisy chained IED taking out two of our vehicles, it was filmed from a helmet camera and if nobody told you, you would think the two guys walking in front of the truck died as the explosion covered the area in a plume of rocks and sand. Shit was crazy but they both survived. You ever see the video on youtube of the reporter giving away soldiers positions during a live broadcast? that's the type of shit the military is really worried about as far as visual media. But most of our cameras and shit were looked at after every mission, especially if we were out inspecting the fucking mess the Rangers made during the night.

• Like 1

I for one prefer that old world hashish over this madness here in the states with bubble and all. When I was in Morocco it was explained to me that bud was for the young men only and that the older smoked hash as it is more mellow, which makes sense to me. As someone who does not really smoke, that bud today is too much, give a guy the heebie jeebies.

I often feel like I am outside of my body when I burn the weeds.

Probably should get on this mellow hash ticket.

Oh wait I live in Australia

More Pics, then

YAX9b.jpg

Some randomness

UPKSw.jpg

Our weather man.

tEMqt.jpg

Rear Security

Sxg1z.jpg

Looks fake, like time stopped

paKQL.jpg

Changing out the .50 for the mk19

CYHgd.jpg

Not everything was ugly

91dmz.jpg

Except the camels

7ph89.jpg

Graveyard...

4KzrV.jpg

EOD taking out some daisy chains, iirc

• Like 1

any of you military guys suffer from depression, anxiety, psychotic episodes pre enlistment?

I had taken anti depressants in hs for a while and based on that i was medically disqualified permanently, at the time I was sincerely butt hurt but in hindsight it was a correct call because I do not deal with stress pressure or the unknown well.

how did you deal wit down time? were there times when you thought at length about your role in the mission, the war, life in general? I suppose most of the time you were extremely busy with routine by design but there must have been down time

Downtime? -shrug- watch movies, go to the mwr (when we finally got phones, months later) call our families, check emails, sleep, details, KP duty, patrol briefs. Really there was a lot of downtime, if you consider not wearing your entire kit downtime. it wasn't so bad. Lots of books to be read, movies and music being passed around. etc etc. I think we actually saw dark knight rises before it hit the states, and xmen origins. A lot of football games were played before they removed the moondust and put down gravel, and we had a decent sized gym, too.

i've meant to make a fist-goes-to-war thread since i got home.

i have not done so. i kind of doubt i'll ever get around to it.

those graveyards with the tattered flags... part of the AO i was at (spin boldak, SE kandahar/pak border) had rocks like that all over the ground, so when we were doing night missions in black out w/ night vision only we came close to several times to rolling right over them. as far as i know it only happened once. we got out with red light, tried to make the grave look as proper as we could, brushed out our tracks and drove on. it was never intentional.

we had enough almost-international-incidents from my unit w/o that shit.