THE OFFICIAL NBA 2012-2013 THREAD

asthma al

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that Rose commercial is dope, sucks about his injury..when is he suppose to be back?

C's will be okay, Terry will help em out alot..

the gayshow should be like the Heat when they first got together...they better hope their starting five gets off to a good start cause their bench sucks, i still see OKC coming out the west eventhough i'd think the Lakers would put on a better series with the Heat in the finals if they were to get there.

What about the hornets? I know it's preseason but they beat the heat. Anthony Davis is good. I hate Kentucky basketball and John Calipari, but he's good. If Chris Paul couldn't save the clippers I doubt he's gonna save the hornets. It just didn't seem right seeing ray Allen playing for the heat. Ready for heat/celtics on Tuesday

James Harden traded to Rockets.........REALLLYY?? WTF THEY THINKING IN OKC!

Unable to work out an extension with James Harden, the Oklahoma City Thunder traded the Sixth Man of the Year to the Houston Rockets on Saturday night, breaking up the young core of the Western Conference champions.

The Thunder acquired guards Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb, two first-round picks and a second-round pick in the surprising deal that was completed Saturday night. Oklahoma City also sent center Cole Aldrich, and forwards Daequan Cook and Lazar Hayward to Houston.

The Oct. 31 deadline to extend Harden or allow him to become a restricted free agent next July had been hanging over the Thunder from the moment they reported to training camp.

Harden will become a free agent next summer if Houston doesn't sign him to an extension by Oct. 31, but sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein late Saturday the Rockets intend to sign the swingman to the max contract extension he was seeking from the Thunder before Wednesday's midnight deadline.

The Thunder offered Harden $55.5 million over four years -- $4.5 million less than the max deal Harden coveted and will get from the Rockets, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

"We wanted to sign James to an extension, but at the end of the day, these situations have to work for all those involved. Our ownership group again showed their commitment to the organization with several significant offers," Thunder general manager Sam Presti said in a statement.

"We were unable to reach a mutual agreement, and therefore executed a trade that capitalized on the opportunity to bring in a player of Kevin's caliber, a young talent like Jeremy and draft picks, which will be important to our organizational goal of a sustainable team.

The small-market Thunder had already signed Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and Serge Ibaka to long-term deals, and apparently realized Harden was going to want a bigger salary than they would offer.

The Thunder got back a good scorer in Martin, who has averaged 18.4 points in his eight NBA seasons, and a promising young player in Lamb, the No. 12 pick in the draft who helped Connecticut win the 2011 NCAA championship.

But Harden was a huge part of Oklahoma City's success and had said he was even willing to sacrifice dollars in order to stay with the Thunder. But they've been unwilling to climb into the luxury tax, which will only become harsher under the new collective bargaining agreement.

SO DOES THAT MEAN IT'S GONNA BE LAKERS/HEAT FINALS??

SHOCKED, TERRIBLE TRADE

Kings will do nothing tonight.

Get beat by 20.

get outta here with that talk, outta pocket with that nonsense..

all im gonna say bout the road trip opener is the Kings should atleast win 2-3 or win all 3, reason i say that is because. 1. Bulls don't have Rose 2. T-wolves don't have Love or Rubio 3. Indiana ain't gonna have Granger...so no excuses 2-3 or 3-0

& these fools on my fantasy squad better put up numbers.