jump from space

!@#$%

sure, i'll watch.

it's in about an hour.

stream it here

Skydiver Felix Baumgartner is aiming to pull off a record-breaking free-fall jump from the edge of space Tuesday, wearing nothing but a space suit, a helmet and a parachute.

His goal is not only to jump from a higher altitude than anyone ever has -- 120,000 feet, more than three times the cruising altitude of the average airliner. He also hopes to be the first person to break the sound barrier, without the aid of anything besides the space suit. At that altitude, the thin air provides so little resistance that after just 40 seconds, he is expected to be free-falling faster than 690 miles an hour.

But on a more serious note, he added, "Of course I'm afraid of dying, because I worked so hard to reach this level. You know, I'm living a good life. I think the most important thing I'm doing is to come back alive."

The record is currently held by Col. Joe Kittinger, who in 1960 jumped from 102,800 feet as part of a U.S. Air Force mission. On this attempt, 52 years later, Kittinger is a consultant and mentor.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Today, the launch of the Red Bull Stratos capsule had to be stopped at 11:42 a.m. local time in Roswell, New Mexico just before Felix Baumgartner's giant 30 million cubic foot balloon had been fully inflated and made ready for take off. From early morning the team postponed the launch due to strong winds at 700 feet - the balloon's top - waiting for the right weather window to open. The launch was scheduled for 11:40 a.m., the balloon inflation had begun, and then gusty winds picked up and made a launch impossible.

LAME!

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/medeff/bulletin/carn-bcei_v20n4-eng.php#a3

Red Bull Energy Drink: suspected association with seizure

Health Canada received a report of an 18-year-old man who drank 2 cans (355 mL each) of Red Bull Energy Drink over a half hour, on an empty stomach, for fatigue and hunger after a night of studying. About 1 hour later, while at school, he experienced 2 grand mal seizures. He was previously well and was not taking any medication. He had no history of seizure or head injury. Although he had occasionally consumed Red Bull Energy Drink in the past, during the night before the seizure he had not consumed any caffeinated drinks. At the emergency department, the patient was afebrile and had normal vital signs. His blood work showed insignificant electrolyte abnormality, and a drug screen was negative. Electrocardiography and a computed tomography scan of the head were normal. The patient was released from hospital the same day, with only acetaminophen as treatment. At 1-year follow-up, the patient has remained seizure free.

In Canada, Red Bull Energy Drink is regulated as a natural health product (NHP). A 355-mL can contains, among its ingredients, caffeine 113.6 mg, taurine 1420 mg, glucuronolactone 852 mg, inositol 71 mg, niacinamide 25.6 mg, pantothenic acid 8.5 mg, riboflavin 2.3 mg, vitamin B12 1.4 µg and vitamin B6 2.8 mg. According to the product label, not more than 1 can (355 mL) per day should be consumed. It is not recommended for children, pregnant or breast-feeding women, caffeine sensitive persons, or to be mixed with alcohol.1

Four cases of seizure associated with energy drinks have been published.2 These cases described discrete new-onset seizures occurring in adults following heavy consumption. In 2 of these cases, the energy drinks were taken on an empty stomach.

Health Canada encourages the reporting of suspected adverse reactions to energy drinks and other NHPs to the Canada Vigilance Program.

i remember having like 4 ripit energy drinks in one day, and then going to bed right after.

i woke up that next morning feeling like i was going to have a massive heart attack.

imagine the scene from pulp fiction when they stab uma thurman in the chest with the large syringe.

thats the best way to describe the feeling i had. just BAM!

anyways i called the ambulance and they came, told me i was fine and they couldn't find anything wrong with me.

then one asked to use the bathroom, and i almost said no because he was black and i was scared he'd steal all my things but i was like "sure"

and he used it and left but didn't flush and got piss on the seat so fuck that guy.

so army guys love rip its because its the only energy drink with an NSN--meaning your supply guy can order. we'd take several cases out on patrols.

one night we decided to 'the rip-it challenge' on my truck. 4 of us participated. we had the small 8 oz cans. i made 10 cans before i decided it wasn't going to be any more fun. my medic made 14 or 15 cans. and our tc made 17. those two were pretty sick the next day, basically worlds greatest hangover type experience.

it was pretty dumb/your tax dollars at work.

fuck, i was just bugging out at the sight of that drop more. then again, maybe he broke down of the pressure, needing another day past the expectationg to get over the psych, & the weather talk was to save face. all in all, im sure hell be fine coming down in his PUSSY POD

redbull just tastes too gross, like drinking battery acid or something.. cant do it. not to mention that basketball players heart going off after drinking a few before the game