its a "new" NYC CLEAN TRAINZ thread!!!

IVO AKM KILLERZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to the euros talking shit about the nyc clean train painters past and present...know your role and respect your past. you all would have jack shit if it wasn't for new york city. talk all you want about how hard it is to paint cleans in europe, but 95% of you won't ever go to go to new york and feel that vibe. you'll never know what it was like back then, or what it's like now. in 82, people were having parties in yards. in 92, people were lucky to hit panels, in 02 in a post 9/11 america, you could never realize the chances one takes by damaging the MTA. even being in the tunnels or yards could warrant them holding you under suspicion of being a terrorist. with the patriot act, anything's possible. i've been to new york before and after 2001, and i can honestly say the city's changed from how i remember it being in the 90s.

i've seen tons of europe clean train videos, and i love the vibe going on over there. i went to paris in 96 and was completely blown away by so much shit. i don't want to take anything away from the dudes hitting cleans in eruope because doing it anywhere is going to be difficult or near impossible but keep in mind that half the guerilla-style station hits and backjumps done in these euro videos would be next to impossible to do in new york. you wouldn't be dealing with the panzy rail cops who have to wait 5-6 minutes for the cops to get there.

anyway, respect to anyone doing subway hits anywhere, because it requires huge, giant elephant-like testicles to pull that shit off. just think twice before you knock the birthplace of the culture you try so hard to eminate.

well done on the whole train, respect and all but selling tshirts ??? thats riding it a bit far.

YER_GAY were you around "back then" ?? if not, why are you even mentioning it

nope, i wasn't, you're right... but i've been around 10+ years now, and grew up idolizing subway writers from new york, and have been fortunate enough to be able to visit the city a few times and have great friends there. i have so much respect for the pioneers of the game, no matter where they came up. and i know for sure that the guys who have hundreds or thousands of panels under their belts in places like spain or germany or france would never be so ignorant as to talk smack about NYC. if you want to know why i mentionned it, read back a couple pages. among all the hype flicks, you'll see some whiney bitches trashing the apple. if you listen to hiphop, why don't you just talk shit about grandmaster flash, afrika bambaataa, or sugarhill? it amounts to the same thing. know where you're coming from, or you'll never know where you're headed..

nope, i wasn't, you're right... but i've been around 10+ years now, and grew up idolizing subway writers from new york, and have been fortunate enough to be able to visit the city a few times and have great friends there. i have so much respect for the pioneers of the game, no matter where they came up. and i know for sure that the guys who have hundreds or thousands of panels under their belts in places like spain or germany or france would never be so ignorant as to talk smack about NYC. if you want to know why i mentionned it, read back a couple pages. among all the hype flicks, you'll see some whiney bitches trashing the apple. if you listen to hiphop, why don't you just talk shit about grandmaster flash, afrika bambaataa, or sugarhill? it amounts to the same thing. know where you're coming from, or you'll never know where you're headed..

i think youll find no body was dissing any pioneers of anything, that would be stupid. they were dissing people that time and again fall back on the same arguement that "we gave it to you, you should be greatful" when what have they done themselves? probably nothing. its like they expect respect for something someone else has done. thats not gonna happen unless you continue what "they" started.

• 2 weeks later...

What happened to that cut & paste interview from Saster.net that was posted up here earlier today in regards to the interview Saster supposedly did with members of MUL Crew. I aint buying that interview at all. That shit stinks of VS. Kind of odd that the interview has been deleted from this thread. Whats up with that?

Archived