its a "new" NYC CLEAN TRAINZ thread!!!

IVO AKM KILLERZ

i gotta take my hat off to the cats that paint subways now a days. even though there doing it just for the flicks, it takes alot of heart. most of these cats painting subways are not from new york. it's there dream to bust a nut on the m.t.a., paint a fr8 insteed. you have a better chance for longevity and fame. anyways, much respect

i'll quote that. the 70's and 80's era of the city's trains running with pieces has deceased. to those that paint the trains for nostalgic reasons, well everyone has their own motivations. though i see the freight scene of today comparably exciting to the old subway scene. the only thing i feel missing most is the excitement of catching your car pull up to the station the next morning and then taxing the dude for the window chair so you can sit right next to your piece. word. :cool:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The United States Railroad = 100% U.S. Steel

The Metropolitan Transit Authority = 100% U.S. Steel

- to each his own.

what the fuck, are you serious?

even if they were made out of the same material, they both are completely different... subways have plenty more risks, are ALOT harder, you have a very minimal time to paint and many other reasons...

it's nice to see cat's putting energy into subways. there just doing it for the thrill. to experiance how it was done way back in the days. or for the writers that was there, tring to recapture the way it use to be. my opinion, it will never ever be the same. seeing your name run on the line for years. thats the real deal. seeing your name running on a fr8, thats whats up!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm nearly 40 years old but if I ever have enough spare cash I would love to come to NY to paint a subway and I'm sure every writer outside of NY would say the same. If that's not showing the greatest respect to the originators of graffiti then I don't know what to say anymore...

Archived